ledzep228 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ledzep228 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ledzep228 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ledzep228 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ledzep228 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Reseting 5x5: Had a great 10 week run

Had a great run with my first experience with 5x5. I made these excellent gains in the 5 main lifts:

40 lbs added to bench
    30 lbs added to deadlift
    30 lbs added to squat
    28 lbs added to row
    25 lbs added to overhead military

All of my accessory work, such as curls and dips, has also increased a decent amount.

I am starting to miss reps on my bench and squats. I know the 5x5 guide says just to push the weight back on these exercises for a couple weeks, but I'm getting antsy and need the feeling of something new. So I am going to reset the program with my new 5 rm's for all excercises and go from there.

Any comments? Suggestions?

-ledzep

smooth9825 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smooth9825 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smooth9825 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smooth9825 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smooth9825 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smooth9825 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smooth9825 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smooth9825 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smooth9825 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smooth9825 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smooth9825 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    knock youself out. its pretty much the same thing as setting it back a couple weeks anyway.
    190 lbs
    5'11"

Currently:cutting

galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow, impressive gains, especially the bench press. Are these gains relative to your original 5RM, or week 1's 5RM, coz if it's the former then you must've been lifting pretty heavy to be able to gain so much! Also, what are your lifts like now and how big are you? I'm currently on week 7 myself and my gains aren't nearly as much as yours, and I've already missed a couple of PRs and drastically slowing down.

ledzep228 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ledzep228 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ledzep228 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ledzep228 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ledzep228 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by galapogos
    Wow, impressive gains, especially the bench press. Are these gains relative to your original 5RM, or week 1's 5RM, coz if it's the former then you must've been lifting pretty heavy to be able to gain so much! Also, what are your lifts like now and how big are you? I'm currently on week 7 myself and my gains aren't nearly as much as yours, and I've already missed a couple of PRs and drastically slowing down.
    The gains are relative to my original 5 rm's. Looking at my post I noticed the bench press gain is a typo. Must have bumped the 4 instead of the 3...should be 30 lb increase on the bench press.

I'm not huge by any means, but I added some good, noticeable mass during this 5x5

My lifts ended with the following numbers on the last set of 5:
    bench 220
    squat 215
    deadlift 255
    military 136
    row 139

ohio1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i just finished wk 6 of 5x5 and have a question for you... after doing a heavy triple on friday did u think that u woodnt get 5 reps on monday, but then did? because today i barely got a third rep on my 5th set on bench and am hoping i wont stall on mon (wk 7)..

Chitown hitter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chitown hitter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chitown hitter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chitown hitter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chitown hitter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chitown hitter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chitown hitter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chitown hitter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chitown hitter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chitown hitter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chitown hitter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's possible that you won't get it. But chances are that you will get it if you're getting alot of calories and sleeping enough. Unless you've been consistently missing reps for the past few workouts. In which case you should try a reset.
    "Don't expect to have a work ethic of a warrior if you have the attitude of a prima donna."
    ~Quote on EliteFTS

Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=799924

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just a quick thought, if you are a more advanced lifter, then you won't be able to set PRs with as much regularity as a newer lifter. Also, diet, rest habbits, and a couple other ods and ends can affect how well you advance on any program. So if you want to see better progress, be sure you are eating enough, and getting enough rest.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50) galapogos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VikingMan
    Just a quick thought, if you are a more advanced lifter, then you won't be able to set PRs with as much regularity as a newer lifter. Also, diet, rest habbits, and a couple other ods and ends can affect how well you advance on any program. So if you want to see better progress, be sure you are eating enough, and getting enough rest.
    Oh I'm by no means an advanced lifter. In fact calling me an intermediate lifter would be flattering me, since I only started lifting regularly about a year ago, and my lifts are very similar to ledzep228. I think the reason why I'm not gaining as much strength is because I took up the 5x5 program when I started cutting. I weighed 165lb at the start of my cut and I'm now ~153-155lb and have been for the past 1+ months. I'm basically eating maintainence now so that might be hindering my progress.

lucasgze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ledzep looks like you have made some decent progress but i dont see why your bench is more than yor squat? Squat and deads should be your strongest lifts

Mbaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mbaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh I'm by no means an advanced lifter. In fact calling me an intermediate lifter would be flattering me, since I only started lifting regularly about a year ago, and my lifts are very similar to ledzep228. I think the reason why I'm not gaining as much strength is because I took up the 5x5 program when I started cutting. I weighed 165lb at the start of my cut and I'm now ~153-155lb and have been for the past 1+ months. I'm basically eating maintainence now so that might be hindering my progress.
    Why the hell would you be cutting if you were 165 lbs BEFORE your cut?

Coz I'm only 5'6.5" and I was gaining noticable fat by the end of the bulk. Not everyone wants to be 300lb you know

Location: On the Ho Chi Min Trail Sippin on a 40oz of Old English 800, Vietnam
    MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is the longest someone has gone on the intermediate or the advanced without resetting?
    Death is winning. Do something.- Sam Boyd