worknprogress1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weider 565(?) squat rack pic included - help

Hi guys, i'm intrested in picking up a squat rack and I found what I think might be a good deal: 300lbs of olympic weights + olympic bar and weider sqt rack for $200.00. Do any of you use this setup? what is the max weight capacity of this squat rack? and lastly.. is it a good deal or should I pass it up? pic should be included:
    Attached Images

david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yes i think its a good deal, but you dont need a squat rack to squat...

david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) david2613 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    oh yea the max weight is 565 duh.. i have a weider 460 my self....

IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by david2613
    yes i think its a good deal, but you dont need a squat rack to squat...
    Oh you don't think so, huh? How would you suggest getting 495 lbs up onto your traps for pure squats without some type of rack (cage, columns, blocks, whatever)? I don't think most people can clean and press that amount of weight and immediately go into a FULL SQUAT!
    FOCUS. COMMIT. EXECUTE. REPEAT !!!

Originally Posted by IBey777
    Oh you don't think so, huh? How would you suggest getting 495 lbs up onto your traps for pure squats without some type of rack (cage, columns, blocks, whatever)? I don't think most people can clean and press that amount of weight and immediately go into a FULL SQUAT!
    look boy genius a squat rack is a sqaure which is mainly used for squating and is over priced and can only be used for squating and some benching.
    i'd go for a bench like this (this one is over priced) which you can get for around 100-200 http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...tPage=category

Krust is not very well liked. (-100) Krust is not very well liked. (-100) Krust is not very well liked. (-100) Krust is not very well liked. (-100) Krust is not very well liked. (-100) Krust is not very well liked. (-100) Krust is not very well liked. (-100) Krust is not very well liked. (-100) Krust is not very well liked. (-100) Krust is not very well liked. (-100) Krust is not very well liked. (-100)
    look boy genius a squat rack is a sqaure which is mainly used for squating and is over priced and can only be used for squating and some benching.
    i'd go for a bench like this (this one is over priced) which you can get for around 100-200 http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...tPage=category
    Are you a ****ing caveman?!?!

ANY bench that costs $100 has the weight capacity of my left nut. And how the hell do you squat on that? What if someone is squatting 450 lbs. PLEASE tell me what they do if they fail half way through the movement? Then what 'boy genius'?

C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A review of some of david2613's other posts should quickly tell you that his advice is worthless. He's extremely clueless.

bignick270 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignick270 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignick270 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignick270 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignick270 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignick270 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignick270 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignick270 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignick270 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignick270 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bignick270 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like it. I love rack setups. Never have to leave it while at the gym lol. Ive used them since i started to lift in one form or another for both bench and squats.

Then all you need is some wood to make platforms in front of it for your deads and cleans and it will be a perfect home gym <-- I train for sports as i guess you could see so you probably wont be doing cleans.
    "One Day I will become a pheonix and rise anew from the ashes"

IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Watch who you the **** you're calling boy or else I'll have to squash like the 211 lbs. you put on that weak ass bench!!! Obviously you're not serious about weight training, that bench only has a 210 lb. capacity. You know how many reps I'll have to do before I even start to get a pump with that kind of weight. This bench is strictly for 9th grade beginners and housewives.

Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000)
    I saw the other day that MC Sports had them clearanced at $199. I did a search here and found another person has one and was not that happy with it.

I also noticed that the rack adjustment pegs/holes on the back only go half way up compared to most other racks.

Originally Posted by worknprogress1
    Hi guys, i'm intrested in picking up a squat rack and I found what I think might be a good deal: 300lbs of olympic weights + olympic bar and weider sqt rack for $200.00. Do any of you use this setup? what is the max weight capacity of this squat rack? and lastly.. is it a good deal or should I pass it up? pic should be included:
    You posted the wrong picture. I have attached the user manual for the model indicated in the thread title (Weider 565). Pay close attention to the information on page 3. The max capacity of the bench is 500 lbs. (including the user) and the max capacity of carriage is 150 lbs. This setup isn't too bad if you aren't pushing heavy weights and you're not a hardcore gym rat.

http://www.iconservice.com/pdf/WEBE34110.pdf
    Last edited by IBey777; 06-15-2006 at 11:10 AM.

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sure it is not expensive but i will save money to get a power rack from a better brand (Bodysolid, Powertec,....).

If you are serious about bodybuilding, you want something sturdy that you can use during many, many years !

worknprogress1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IBey777
    You posted the wrong picture. I have attached the user manual for the model indicated in the thread title (Weider 565). Pay close attention to the information on page 3. The max capacity of the bench is 500 lbs. (including the user) and the max capacity of carriage is 150 lbs. This setup isn't too bad if you aren't pushing heavy weights and you're not a hardcore gym rat.

http://www.iconservice.com/pdf/WEBE34110.pdf
    First off; thanks for the reply's everyone!

Ibey777, So basicly, if I were standing in the cage squating 155lbs I would be 5lbs over the manufacturers limitation if I failed and came down on those catchers?
    If this is the case... I'm already squating over 150lbs, so I guess I need to look into a better rack? I just want something that can safley catch atleast 300lbs if accidently dropped or failure or anything. Saftey being my main concern. Any suggestions guys?

Thanks.

ThemoLife Alter Ego SupaNatural's Avatar
    SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by worknprogress1
    So basicly, if I were standing in the cage squating 155lbs I would be 5lbs over the manufacturers limitation if I failed and came down on those catchers?
    If this is the case... I'm already squating over 150lbs, so I guess I need to look into a better rack? I just want something that can safley catch atleast 300lbs if accidently dropped or failure or anything. Saftey being my main concern. Any suggestions guys?

Thanks.
    No, the weight carriage is where the weights go on the pulley setup. Looks like 300 is the limit for the cage.

HearseMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HearseMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HearseMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HearseMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HearseMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HearseMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HearseMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HearseMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HearseMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HearseMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HearseMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have this setup and I really like it and for 200$ you just about cant go wrong. As noted this set-up does have limits, but if you are a noob you are like me I have gotten 9 months out of the set-up and still haven't maxed out the limits.

latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    this is the best setup possible, if you want to beat it your going to have to spend upwards of 500-600 bucks, go for it for sure.. btw where did you find this, i've been looking for this or the body by jake power rack to place in my home..
    Offering online personal training.. please PM for rates and complete info