tudord19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

16 years old boy beginner

Hi I'm Tudor I'm almost 16 and i started working out 4 months ago. I'm currently 5.9 and weighing 132 lbs.I posted some pictures of me. I workout 3 times a week : 1st day I do chest and biceps, 2nd back and triceps and 3rd legs and shoulders. I usually start with one heavy compound lift for every group followed by isolation and other compound exercises. I eat a lot of protein, I eat vegetables and/or fruits at every meal but I often cheat in some chocolate or cake. I would like to lose some fat but from what I read I see that it is physically impossible to lose fat and build muscle at the same time, given the fact that energy will always be stored somewhere or burned. I would like to have my abs showing and losing some butt and hip fat without losing too much muscle mass (as you can see I don't workout abs) and I would like to know if I should cut first or just keep doing my workout. I would do everything it takes to make it happen so please give me advice. Ty for your time !
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tudord19; 04-22-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Philip1456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since you are 16, you should not cut or bulk. You got decent development in bicep, meaning you need to focus more of chest and back. I would highly encourage you to do dead lift, bench press and squat. The most important exercises. They are not easy and not easy to get the form correct. If you are struggling, ask a mate for help or look it up. Diet wise, I would not go too hard. Just avoid sugars from artificial sources as much as possible.

Registered User HadesRagnazrath's Avatar
    HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HadesRagnazrath has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you look awesome for a 16 year old beginner, i was expecting some skinny fat ****

your arms look great, especially in those side pics but your chest/back are kind of lacking

as for the thing about not being able to simultaneously build muscle and lose fat, thats bs

Originally Posted by Philip1456 View Post
    Since you are 16, you should not cut or bulk. You got decent development in bicep, meaning you need to focus more of chest and back. I would highly encourage you to do dead lift, bench press and squat. The most important exercises. They are not easy and not easy to get the form correct. If you are struggling, ask a mate for help or look it up. Diet wise, I would not go too hard. Just avoid sugars from artificial sources as much as possible.
    I already do a 4x10 bench press, straight sets of 88 lbs and same for squats. I once did 5x5 deadlifts of 143 lbs and I felt my erector spinae sore for the rest of week so i stopped. I'll start them again with much less weight and should I do BP and squats 5x5 as well and add more weight? TYVM for your reply !

Originally Posted by HadesRagnazrath View Post
    you look awesome for a 16 year old beginner, i was expecting some skinny fat ****

your arms look great, especially in those side pics but your chest/back are kind of lacking

as for the thing about not being able to simultaneously build muscle and lose fat, thats bs
    Ty for the reply and from what I've got is that to build muscle you need to be in a caloric surplus and to lose fat you need to be in a caloric deficit so logically it seemed impossible to do both . I'll research more about it and yea I guess I'll work my chest and back harder. If you could give me some advice here's my chest workout:
    4x10 barbell bench press, 4x10 incline dumbbell bench press, 4x10 close grip dumbbell bench press, 4x10 cable flys. As of my back routine (I can't do more than 1 pullup and I struggle at 5-6 chinups) : 4x8 barbell rows, 4x10 cable lat pulldowns, 4x10 Full ROM lat pulldowns 4x8 dumbbell shrugs, 3x12 weighted back extensions.

fulto3 is not very well liked. (-100) fulto3 is not very well liked. (-100) fulto3 is not very well liked. (-100) fulto3 is not very well liked. (-100) fulto3 is not very well liked. (-100) fulto3 is not very well liked. (-100) fulto3 is not very well liked. (-100) fulto3 is not very well liked. (-100) fulto3 is not very well liked. (-100) fulto3 is not very well liked. (-100) fulto3 is not very well liked. (-100)
    if youre gonna do anything, bulk for sure. i started at about the same weight you did and with the bulk im at 165-170ish with 16%bf. trust me, at 16, youre body is like a ****in machine. eat proper, and dont worry about fat until youre a bit heavier.