the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

WEEK THIRTY-SEVEN :: What Is The Most Effective 12-Week Mass Building Workout?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Note: How can I win? Answer all questions in the order that they are asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: What is the most effective 12-week mass building workout?

For the week of: 06/12 - 06/18
    Sunday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this amount of time you should be able to gain quite a bit of mass. It is also possible to hit a plateau in this time so you need to make sure the routine gets switched up from time to time in order to keep the muscles guessing and growing.

What is the most effective 12-week mass building workout? Be specific. Include exercises, sets, reps, rest periods, etc.

What three supplements would be best during 12 weeks of mass gain training? Why?

Bonus Question: In your eyes what IFBB Pro has the most intense mass building workout? Why do you think it is the most intense?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

----------------------------------
    NEW PRIZE MONEY!!!!!

The best response will get $75 in credit, and second place will get $50 in credit to use in our online store and will have their workout posted on our main site for the world to see!

NEW RULE!!!!!

* New Rule (beginning: May 29th, 2006): Any exercise not listed on our exercise listing (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm) must be accompanied by a full and complete description and pictures (or a link to the exercise(s) where pictures and description are given).

Thanks,
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

Pain!? What's that again? hithard's Avatar
    hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    5x5 has proven itself extremly effective time and again. But as almost everything in bodybuilding it really depends on how a persons body reacts to certain excerise and diet.
    The two exercises that have proven time and agian to build mass are squats and deads. I believe that somewhere in are genetic past are ancestores evolved with the condtions like caring around whatever the hell they killed. they had to be strong and have powerful legs so the body evolved over time to increase the human growth hormone release, THEkey in BBing, along with protein of course.
    if your a begginer,well guess what your lucky. With "newbe" gains and a proper training you can definantly get a good jump start. stick with the basics, don't try and get to complicated with things. make sure squates and deads are something you do every week. experiment with how your body reacts. hears something like I would do \
    Legs-
    Deads 4-4-2 225-300-300
    squates-5x5 225-225-225-225-225 or a few at 275
    Lunges-3x10 100-100-100
    leg press 5x5 with a couple hundred pounds
    Upper-
    bench 205 for 5x5
    curls 95-105 5x5
    decline flys 65-70 5x5
    shrugs 75 5x5 hold 5 seconds
    Spelling means nothing to me
    Insanity is not a problem, its an acomplishment

As long as girls spread the thighs for the guys I'll do curls for the girls
    f****ed up my last log and joined the Marines

Go Hard or Go Home <Deadlifter>'s Avatar
    <Deadlifter> has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

superb topic..here we go again

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

WEEK THIRTY-SEVEN :: What Is The Most Effective 12-Week Mass Building Workout?

What is the most effective 12-week mass building workout?

In a 12-week period, one should be able to gain a good amount of mass. Depending if the trainee is a hard gainer or more advanced can determine progress. And there are many other factors that would determine the results of this 12-week period such as the amount of rest, nutrition, etc.

My philosophy on training is to train heavy, short of failure, with a lot of different exercises, and progressive loading. I have made the transition to the Darkside and have never looked back. The conjugated method of periodization has worked wonders for me strength wise and has adding some muscle mass onto my frame.

The conjugated method of periodization uses three efforts, the max effort; taking a weight (>80% 1-rep max) for lower reps (1-5) for a max set or 2-5 sets or more. The next effort is the dynamic effort; which you take a weight (40-70% 1-RM) and perform explosive reps focusing on speed development. Most trainees don’t need to perform DE days because their speed development is well developed. Many trainees need to focus on getting stronger and bigger. And the last effort is the repetition effort; which you take a weight 50-80% of your 1RM to failure for a high number of reps (8-15). I use the modified repetition effort; taking 50-80% of your 1-RM to a high number of reps not going to failure.

The conjugated method works very well because it offers a lot of different options to help the trainee gain in strength and mass.

Another thing I try to preach to a lot of trainees is to use a deload phase in their training. For optimal gains, going by how you feel is best. If you don’t feel you’re going to make progress in the gym or burned out, take the week and cut everything in half and do what’s left. This allows the central nervous system to rest and get ready for the next cycle of heavy loading. A basic recommendation for deloading is three weeks on, and one week off. This may not be optimal, but works for about everyone.

The Workout

Week 1
    Monday
    Squat or Box Squat 2 x 5
    Glute-Ham Raise or Straight-Legged Deadlift 3 x 8-12
    Barbell Row or Cable Row 3 x 6-8
    Curl variation 3 x 10
    Calf Raise 3 x 15

Wednesday
    Bench Press or Low Board Press 3 x 5 or 3 x 3
    Dumbbell Floor Press 3 x 6-10
    Military or Dumbbell Press 3 x 6-10
    Skullcrusher 3 x 10
    Weighted Ab Work 3 x 15

Friday
    Trap Bar Deadlift or Rack Deadlift 2 x 5
    Leg Press or Hack Squat 2 x 10
    Pull-up or Lat Pulldown 3 x 6-10
    Curl variation 3 x 10
    Calf raise 3 x 15

Week 2
    Monday
    Incline Press 3 x 5 or 3 x 3
    Flat Dumbbell Press 3 x 6-10
    Military or Dumbbell Press 3 x 6-10
    Triceps Pushdown 3 x 10
    Weighted Ab Work 3 x 15

Wednesday
    Squat or Box Squat 2 x 5
    Glute-Ham Raise or Pull-Through 3 x 10
    Barbell Row or Cable Row 3 x 6-8
    Curl variation 3 x 10
    Calf Raise 3 x 15

Friday
    Bench Press or Low Board Press 3 x 5 or 3 x 3
    Dumbbell Floor Press 3 x 6-10
    Bradford Press or Lateral Raise 3 x 6-10
    Skullcrusher 3 x 10
    Weighted Ab Work 3 x 15

Week 3
    This will be the same as week 1.

Week 4
    Monday
    Bench Press 3 x 3 (80% 1-RM)
    Squat or Box Squat 3 x 3 (80% 1-RM)
    Clean or Deadlift 3 x 3 (80% 1-RM)
    Pull-up or Lat Pulldown 3 x 6 (60-70% 1-RM)

Thursday
    Same as Monday.

Week 5
    Same as week 2.

Week 6
    Same as week 1.

Week 7
    Same as week 2

Week 8
    Same as week 4.

Week 9
    Same as week 1.

Week 10
    Same as week 2.

Week 11
    Same as week 1.

Week 12
    Same as week 4.

Sets are not to be taken to failure, stop at least rep short of failure.

Rotate lifts when you do not make progress week by week improving by 5 lb. or 1 rep. If you keep making progress, change exercise every 4-8 weeks.

For a list of alternative exercises, look HERE.

What three supplements would be best during 12 weeks of mass gain training? Why?
    #1: Multivitamin
    Many people don’t eat enough vegetables and fruits and can be deficient in vitamins and minerals. A good quality multivitamin such as NOW ADAM or Beverly Int. Super Pak are all good choices.

#2: High quality fish oil
    The stuff you can buy at Walmart for $3 that has 100 caps aren’t quality. They’re cheap for a reason and can contain mercury. A high quality fish oil can cost up to $100 for 100 caps. You should be able to find a good quality for $20+ for ~100 caps. Make sure it is pharmaceutical grade. The benefits to this are numerous. Here is an article on omega-3’s: Here.

#3: Cell volumizer
    Very cheap supplements such as creatine and taurine can be very beneficial for gains. Taking creatine 3-10g a day and/or 10-15g of taurine can lead to strength and muscle gains.
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

bushie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally have made great gains doing a 4 day split. I train with as heavy weight as i can and start off each exercise with one 5 x 5 compound exercise in which i try to go up in weight with every week. I generally shoot for about 5 lbs more on my final set and try to up the weights in all of the subsequent sets as well. The rest of my exercises I shoot for 3 x 6-8 and go as heavy as possible, generally going to failure on the last set of each. You should rest for at least 1 full minute in between each exercise. Try and push yourself by adding weight each session and reallly working out with intesity everytime you hit the gym.

Mon: Chest/tri ( abs )
    Tue: Legs
    Wed: off
    Thur: shoulders (abs)
    Fri: Back/bi
    Sat: off ( cardio )
    Sun: off (cardio )

First 6 weeks:

chest/tri:
    Bench Press- 5 x 5
    incline db press- 3 x 6-8
    dips-3 x 6-8
    cable crossovers- 3 x 6-8
    db overhead extension- 3 x 6-8
    skullcrushers- 3 x 6-8
    tricep pushdowns 3 x 6-8
    ABS: decline crunches 3 x 15
    Leg raises 3 x 15

Legs:
    ATG Squats- 5 x 5
    SLDL- 3 x 6-8
    Leg Press- 3 x 6-8
    seated calve raises- 3 x 15
    Standing calve raises- 3 x 15
    Leg Extension- 3 x 6-8
    Leg Curl- 3 x 6-8

Shoulders:
    Military- 5 x 5
    DB shoulder press- 3 x 6-8
    Pullups- 3 x 6-8 ( or failure if not strong enough)
    Lateral Raises- 3 x 6-8
    BB Shrugs- 3 x 6-8
    Front Raise- 3 x 6-8
    ABS: decline crunches 3 x 15
    Leg raises 3 x 15

Back/bi:
    Deadlifts- 5 x 5
    BB Rows- 3 x 6-8
    Chins- 3 x 6-8
    Lat pulldowns- 3 x 6-8
    EZ bar bicep curls- 3 x 6-8
    incline db curls- 3 x 6-8
    Hammer curls- 3 x 6-8

2nd 6 weeks:

Chest/Tri:
    Incline Bench Press- 4 x 12-10-8-6
    db flat bench- 3 x 6-8
    decline db bench- 3 x 6-8
    Dips: 3 x 6-8
    Incline db flies- 3 x 6-8
    Tricep Pushdowns- 3 x 6-8
    Skullcrushers- 3 x 6-8
    ABS: decline crunches 4 x 15
    Leg raises 4 x 15

Legs:
    ATG Squats 4 x 12-10-8-6
    Hack Squats- 3 x 6-8
    SLDL- 3 x 6-8
    Leg Curls- 3 x 6-8
    Leg Extension- 3 x 6-8
    Seated Calve Raises- 3 x 15
    Standing Calves Raises- 3 x 15

Shoulders:
    Military- 4 x 12-10-8-6
    Arnold Press- 3 x 6-8
    shrugs- 3 x 6-8
    Front raises- 3 x 6-8
    Pullups: 3 x 6-8
    ABS: decline crunches 4 x 15
    Leg raises 4 x 15

Back/Bi:
    Deadlifts- 4 x 12-10-8-6
    Lat Pulldowns- 3 x 6-8
    BB Rows- 3 x 6-8
    Seated Pulley Rows- 3 x 6-8
    Chins- 3 x 6-8
    Incline Bicep Curls- 3 x 6-8
    BB Curls- 3 x 6-8
    Concentration curls- 3 x 6-8

Supplementation: Well these are the top 3 i would list if you consider a multiviatmin a given.

1) Whey Protein- this will just help repair the muscles faster after the workout is over as well as help you meet your daily protein requirements if you are not eating enough whole foods.

2) multiviatamin- This will ensure that you are getting all the vital nutients that are important for growth to occur.

3) CEE- This will help your strength and muscle gains improve by increasing ATP levels.

The Bodybuilder i would say has the most intesne workout program is Lee Priest. He works out with very high volume and does a ton of reps for all his sets with very heavy wait.
    Last edited by bushie; 06-18-2006 at 04:11 PM.

bitterplacebo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bitterplacebo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here's my recommendations.
    Attached Files

Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    12 week plan:

edit: i didnt even mention anything about platueing

hasn't really a been a problem for me on 12 week cycles
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Aussie LTD; 06-18-2006 at 11:07 PM.

Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My programs run between 8-12 weeks, depending mainly on how i can cycle other factors into my training like tempo time and my rep scheme. I usually find it's around 10-12 weeks platue would most likely hit if you were getting one.
    Last edited by Aussie LTD; 06-18-2006 at 11:13 PM.

RUTHLESS AFFECTION!!!! no_strain_no_ga's Avatar
    no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000) no_strain_no_ga is just really nice. (+1000)
    Aussie LTD, nice report
    I Rep Back!

Owe:

Recharge:
    jbodybuilder, nickrut

Owe Me:

Negs:
    Lecter(4 lyfe)

Originally Posted by no_strain_no_ga
    Aussie LTD, nice report
    thanks