Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000) Rupert IV is just really nice. (+1000)

whats the 20% fat for?

i've seen the 40-40-20 ratio thrown around these forums, but i can't understand the need for so much fat? does it have to be a particular kind of fat, and if so which foods are good? i assume just eating a chocolate bar and a couple of bags of crisps wouldn't be the best idea

Chilled out entertainer msundi83's Avatar
    msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msundi83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    fats are found in your protein sources mostly. Many also supplement essential fatty acids like fish oil. Trust me...20 percent fat is really not that much at all. What makes you think that is a lot? If you have a balanced diet with 20% fat and are cutting, you'll realize this. I easily could make it to 20 % on a daily basis and I don't feel like I'm getting that much fat at all. If you still aren't sure what foods are good to eat when dieting...you need to do some research before posting on this board. The articles section of this site is a good place to start.

Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Uncle Ben is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You need fats to function.

Vitamins A, D, E, and K are all fat soluable. They require fat to break them down. Fat is also used in energy storage and cell function.
    Last edited by Uncle Ben; 06-15-2006 at 08:27 AM.

canes_fan_07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canes_fan_07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canes_fan_07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    flax seed, natural peanut butter, fish oil, olive oil are all examples of good fats.

AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fats are more than 2 times as calorie dense as carbs and protein. So you might think you aren't taking in very much.... but you are.

40/40/20 goes by calories from each catagory... not the actual weight.