sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

A Lot of Fruits and Vegetables OK When Cutting?

I'm now at my cutting phase. I read you should burn more than your calorie intake in a day. But does that rule also apply to fruits and vegies? Or is it safe to eat a lot of them?

THANKS! Forgive a noob at cutting.

justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you can eat a lot of them but their calories are still calories. decide on a caloric limit for the day and count fruits and veggies in
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5975691 <my new superfly wellness journal

A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority

One recognizes one's course by discovering the paths that stray from it.

Albert Camus

sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sweetmisery has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Whats the usual calorie limit a day without going insane for an average person? I just stopped bulking and got used to eating BIG, now I'm having a hard time. But oh well, I can do this.

THANKS!

MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sweetmisery
    I'm now at my cutting phase. I read you should burn more than your calorie intake in a day. But does that rule also apply to fruits and vegies? Or is it safe to eat a lot of them?

THANKS! Forgive a noob at cutting.
    You must eat your veggies. And when counting calories, you can omit green leafy veggies since they have negligable calories. You can eat as much non-starchy veggies as you want.

Eat 2-4 pieces of fruit every day.

These are both nutrient dense foods. Enjoy them.

VanessaNicole

woow14623 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) woow14623 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) woow14623 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) woow14623 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) woow14623 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) woow14623 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) woow14623 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) woow14623 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) woow14623 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well if you are trying to loose weight I would stay away from Fruits or eat a apple or something after your workout. Fruits contain Fructose which will slow your cutting phase. As far as veggies stick with the greens. Search around the forum pls... you will find loads of what veggies to eat and not.

hope this will help

Thanks! Repped you guys!

agua_fresca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agua_fresca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agua_fresca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agua_fresca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agua_fresca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agua_fresca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agua_fresca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agua_fresca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agua_fresca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agua_fresca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agua_fresca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I agree with wooow. Calories are not made equal, specially when you are cutting. Ufortunately, fruit is delicious but it is pure sugar. You can have them but in moderation and never after 4 pm (otherwise your insulin gonna skyrocketing!!!

Prefer fruit with low glycemic index like berries and apple. and if you gonna have them, mix them with protein to keep your insulin levels steady.

Do not cut your veggies, but the same, after 4 prefer the leafy green ones (leave other kind of veggies for the between workout or first meals of the day).

Agua

MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50) MissVanessa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by agua_fresca
    I agree with wooow. Calories are not made equal, specially when you are cutting. Ufortunately, fruit is delicious but it is pure sugar. You can have them but in moderation and never after 4 pm (otherwise your insulin gonna skyrocketing!!!

Prefer fruit with low glycemic index like berries and apple. and if you gonna have them, mix them with protein to keep your insulin levels steady.

Do not cut your veggies, but the same, after 4 prefer the leafy green ones (leave other kind of veggies for the between workout or first meals of the day).

Agua
    No, fruit is fructose+fiber+water+micronutrients. Fruit is great for you and you should not avoid it.

And the sugars in fruits do not cause the same insulin response as other mon/disaccharides. And anyway, GI is insignificant unless you eat everything by itself. And this isn't a good idea. Eating protein with your fruit is important and will lower the GI of the meal. So no, your insulin will not "skyrocket" as someone said...

Just make sure to fit it into your macros and avoid eatig too many carbohydrates/calories throughout the day.

You will do your body a great disservice if you don't eat fruit.

VanessaNicole

randynoles is on a distinguished road. (+10) randynoles is on a distinguished road. (+10) randynoles is on a distinguished road. (+10) randynoles is on a distinguished road. (+10) randynoles is on a distinguished road. (+10) randynoles is on a distinguished road. (+10) randynoles is on a distinguished road. (+10) randynoles is on a distinguished road. (+10) randynoles is on a distinguished road. (+10) randynoles is on a distinguished road. (+10) randynoles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There tends to be two schools of thought on fruit when cutting. Some say go for it, some say stay away from it...and both usually have pretty good reasoning behind the two. So, in my opinion, you have to find what works best for you. However, if you do decide to eat fruit, I've always heard that right around your workout time is the best time to fit it into your diet.

mnlg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mnlg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mnlg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fruit and vegetables has a very low energy density and are thus perfect when cutting.
    They are also rich on vitamins and fibers.

Even though fructose is the carb wich is most easily stored as fat you'd have to eat extreme amounts of fruit for it to be of any significance, something wich is very hard to accomplish.

tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50) tbush will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I see it as a positive because fruit is very large for the amount of calories it contains. Meaning, you can fill yourself on 150-200 calories worth of strawberries, etc. A definite plus when cutting.

travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mnlg
    Fruit and vegetables has a very low energy density and are thus perfect when cutting.
    They are also rich on vitamins and fibers.

Even though fructose is the carb wich is most easily stored as fat you'd have to eat extreme amounts of fruit for it to be of any significance, something wich is very hard to accomplish.
    How do you store a carb as fat?

Nevertheless, we agree on one thing...anyone who tells you to avoid fruits and veggies, no matter what you're trying to accomplish, is wrong.
    Last edited by travis h; 06-11-2006 at 10:48 PM.
    30, M, 6'0"
    07//01/06 - 187 lbs - 8-9% BF
    Goal: 199 lbs - <10% by '07

Atoey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can't wait for Skelooth to chime in, this guy is a veggy eatting machine!

Atoey
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is the easy way, and then there is the right way.

bodyman22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think its ok. Good source of fiber so you get it out after you get the nutrients.

Also, they are usually low in calories anyways. Not like a apple will add 200 calories.

And what you stay away from is fats. they dont digest.

mnlg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mnlg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mnlg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by travis h
    How do you store a carb as fat?
    I obviously meant that it is most likely to be CONVERTED into fat.

Bob Loblaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob Loblaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob Loblaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob Loblaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob Loblaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob Loblaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob Loblaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob Loblaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob Loblaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob Loblaw will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bob Loblaw will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm no dietitian, but I am a research scientist for a dietary supplement manufacturer and I've been doing this for over 7 years now. Have you ever seen a fat person that eats a ton of fruit? Fruit kicks ass. I would say count it as calories, but for the most part, it's tough to overdo it on the fruit and veggies. They both are so packed with vitamins/minerals/phenols/etc that it would be stupid to cut them out of your diet unless you are allergic.

eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The fiber in vegetables will help lower GI of all foods as it slows absorbtion of sugars into the blood. So it's best to eat them at every meal if you can. I don't do it either but I try to eat as much as I can.

travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10) travis h is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mnlg
    I obviously meant that it is most likely to be CONVERTED into fat.
    Yea, I know. But actually, I didn't bring up the difference just to be a dick, because in the case of fructose there's actually a good reason to make the distinction. Unlike the enzymes that regulate glucose metabolism, which in turn upregulate insulin production/release and all that goes with it, the enzymes (specifically those in the liver) that metabolize fructose aren't under the same feedback inhibition and react very, very rapidly in comparison to glucose metabolism. But in addition to metabolizing fructose, these enzymes upregulate the enzymes of glucose metabolism. If you think about it, this makes good sense given that our bodies didn't evolve to get a significant amount of fructose in our diets (because relative to processed foods, fruits don't contain much fructose). And since sucrose is fructose and glucose stuck together, it would make sense that fructose would signal the need for glucose metabolism since the two frequently come together. However, the fact that fructose isn't feedback regulated like glucose is means that it produces substrate for glucose metabolism at very high rates, even when glucose metabolizing enzymes are already saturated. These extra substrates, again in the liver, are shunted into lipid pathways and are released into the blood as triglycerides. So actually, it's worse than just saying that fructose is easily stored as fat. Fructose actually upregulates the production of fatty acids and triglycerides in a reaction that isn't feedback regulated. Pretty crazy if you ask me, especially when considering how much HFCS we consume even on a "clean" diet.

STILL, the fructose contained in whole, unprocessed fruits is of little concern when it comes to what I said above and should NOT be avoided for fear of fructose in fruit. HFCS, on the other hand...
    30, M, 6'0"
    07//01/06 - 187 lbs - 8-9% BF
    Goal: 199 lbs - <10% by '07

My prediction: Pain! joey joe joe's Avatar
    joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joey joe joe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'd say to keep eating fruits and veggies whether you're cutting or bulking. They're loaded with nutrients that our bodies need. Nature gave humans a sweet tooth so that we would go out and look for fruit.
    New music and video up! www.daysleftmusic.com

Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Undermane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Fruits should be taken in moderation. I take fruits with my protein shake post workout or first thing in the morning. Fruits such as an apple would be best for you because it contains both fiber and storage polysaccharides. Strawberries, bananas ect.. are loaded with sugar and have a negative effect on your glycemic index. Vegetables esp greens are high in nutrients and are not high in sugar, but usually high in fiber-which will also help with giving you a sense of fullness.
    B.S. Exercise Science , CSCS, CES

Bench 350
    Squat 510
    Hang Clean 310

Height 6'2
    Weight 238
    Position MLB
    40 time 4.85
    Vertical Jump 30 inches