ksquad21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how to get ripped.

I have been working out for about 3 years on and off. I am 6'2'' 240lbs but i have alot of body fat, and im tired of it. I am going to start taking hydroxycut to help me. What is a good way to get ripped, I heard that you should do alot of reps with less weight is that good. And how many lifts should i do per body part. I dont want to loose any muscle i want to gain alot of muscle but loose the weight, can that happen. Here is what my work out looks like right know
    Mon: Chese-Back
    Tues: Arms- shoulders
    Wen: legs- Traps
    Thurs: OFF
    Fri: Chest-Back
    Sat: Arms-shoulders- calves
    Sun: OFF
    So what do ya think, should i change anything. Im just tired of my gut, so i decided to stop lifting for mass and lift to get ripped. Is that a good idea is it good to get ripped and then lift hard with alot of weight with less reps. THanks alot for your help.,

Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cool correction

first off... its really not necessarily the amount of weight or reps you do that builds muscle, but rather.. the intensity that matters... I recommend high reps lower weight during cutting, mainly because when you cut, you will lose muscle.. and sometimes (most of the time) that means losing strength..

now, first and foremost... you need cardio.. some recommend 20 minutes (excluding warmup) after a workout of high intensity cardio... I tend to agree with that... so, I would recommend that
    you do that after every weight routine...

also, you might not want to double up the big muscle groups per day (ie. chest and back). With the limited amount of calories you are taking in, you just wont have the energy to complete the routine without your body catabolizing some muscle tissue...

Here is the routine I go by when I cut:

Mon: Tris & Bis
    ==========
    Skullcrushers: 3x12
    Triceps Pulldowns: 3x12
    Triceps Pressdowns or close grip bench press: 3x12

Hammer curls: 3x10-12
    reverse curls : 3x12
    preacher curls: 3x12

Tues: Legs
    ========

Squats: 4x12
    * Leg Press: 4x12
    * Leg Extensions: 4 x12
    Leg Curls: 4x12

* Alternate these 2 excersices.

Wed: Chest
    =========
    Flat Bench Press: 4x12
    Inclined Bench Press: 4x12
    Cable Crossovers: 4x12

Thurs: Back
    ========
    Deadlifts: 4x10-12
    Bentover Rows: 4x12
    Lat pulldown (or chinups): 4x12

Fri: Shoulders
    ==========
    Dumbell (or barbell) military press: 4x10-12
    Lateral raises 4x12
    Rear delt raises 4x12

Do calves every other day doing 4x20 on a different calf
    excersice each day (seated calf, standing calf, donkey calf raises).

Do abs when you are not doing calves:
    Crunches: 4x25
    Leg raises: 4x25

REMEMBER! Cardio is done every post-workout for 20 minutes.

Diet... whew.. thats a whole new can of worms.. someone else care to help there?
    Anxed

Pull another face
    rip another hide
    steal the waning moon
    from a dying bride
    all the world must die
    all the world must die
    ripped and skinned alive...

TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I keep the lifting heavy regardless, you will lose more strength doing high reps and low weight, as your body will be accustomed to lack of heavy lifting over time.

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

I stress that cutting is 75% DIET!! Have a good diet, and then you will succeed.

Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You are exactly right Big H. Diet is the most important. Make sure to do a lot of cardio also. I recommend 40 min. about 3 times a week.

mike35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what is one of the best cardio exersizes you can do?....and also,does that hydroxycut really help?

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Run. Box. Treadmill. Swim..
    Ask about hydrooxycut on the supp board.

kanemacbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanemacbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanemacbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanemacbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanemacbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanemacbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanemacbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry

Originally Posted by ksquad21 View Post
    I have been working out for about 3 years on and off. I am 6'2'' 240lbs but i have alot of body fat, and im tired of it. I am going to start taking hydroxycut to help me. What is a good way to get ripped, I heard that you should do alot of reps with less weight is that good. And how many lifts should i do per body part. I dont want to loose any muscle i want to gain alot of muscle but loose the weight, can that happen. Here is what my work out looks like right know
    So what do ya think, should i change anything. Im just tired of my gut, so i decided to stop lifting for mass and lift to get ripped. Is that a good idea is it good to get ripped and then lift hard with alot of weight with less reps. THanks alot for your help.,

erm... CARDIO+DIET=NOT BEING FAT, don't use any supplements, don't do low reps. Eat low fat/health foods and go for a run!!

240sxdriver85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 240sxdriver85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 240sxdriver85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 240sxdriver85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 240sxdriver85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 240sxdriver85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    supps are good... I think I'm in the most physically fit condition I've ever been in (i know... sad), but I use a series of supplements. Especially protein. It's pretty hard to get the amount of protein you need out of food without taking in a ton of calories. A gram of protein alone yields 4 calories so it's heavy as it is. Supps are good, just need to read up on them and find out what works for you.

deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mike35 View Post
    what is one of the best cardio exersizes you can do?....and also,does that hydroxycut really help?
    Heavybag for 20 min

Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    strong bump
    OG 2004 Join Date

Max Lifts @ 190 lbs:
    - Benchpress - 235 lbs
    - Deadlift - 440 lbs
    - Squat - 365 lbs

Flocoppertones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 240sxdriver85 View Post
    It's pretty hard to get the amount of protein you need out of food without taking in a ton of calories. A gram of protein alone yields 4 calories so it's heavy as it is. Supps are good, just need to read up on them and find out what works for you.
    A gram of protein is heavy compared to what? A gram of a carbohydrate which also yields four cals or a gram of fat which yields nine? How many cals does protein within a supplement yield?

I would reitterate what others have already said. Put in the work, watch what you eat, and the rest will fall into place. Consistency is key.

SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Big H View Post
    I stress that cutting is 75% DIET!! Have a good diet, and then you will succeed.
    I'd say diet is more like 90% when cutting.

WhiteAfricanSpaceChrist peteskeys's Avatar
    peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50) peteskeys will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The biggest favor you will ever do yourself to maintain your body changes over the long term is to forget about supplements for the time being (e.g. worrying about how hydroxycut will work for you). Dial in your diet, lifting, and cardio. Add in supplements as needed, but don't depend on them.

SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SledgeHammer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, almost all supps suck. I have never seen one (aside from protein shakes which I don't consider a "supp") that actually work in a real way. I have tried various creatine products (which just makes you look a little bigger by retaining water -- nothing permanent), various Nitric Oxide products (which don't seem to do much), various fat burners (which do nothing post-ephedra ban) and energy / strength type supps which are nothing but caffeine. Do like the others said and dial in your diet and routine.

Wait a minute... WTF did someone reply to a 7yr old message?

Big&Tan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ksquad21 View Post
    Yes, the diet is most important for getting ripped. That is the only thing I change to rip up. Eat meat and salads for dinner. No carbs. You will see a big difference. Train abs hard also. The better your abs look, the more you will keep strict because of the results.
    Free Videos On New Abs Exercises. Plus Barbarian Brother David Paul Abs pic
    www.absobsessed.com

240sxdriver85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 240sxdriver85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 240sxdriver85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 240sxdriver85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 240sxdriver85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 240sxdriver85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Flocoppertones View Post
    A gram of protein is heavy compared to what? A gram of a carbohydrate which also yields four cals or a gram of fat which yields nine? How many cals does protein within a supplement yield?

I would reitterate what others have already said. Put in the work, watch what you eat, and the rest will fall into place. Consistency is key.

you are absolutely right. it's just that i have been told several times to watch protein intake for this reason. one person told me that i should not use this because it will just make me gain weight and to only use stuff like amino fuel from twin labs, and another told me that protein is heavy and will bulk me up. after performing my own research, i found what you just said and on top of that, usually my shakes are a meal replacement anyhow so i don't really care how many calories it yields as long as it is keeping me from going into a catabolic state. Thanks for the caloric value on the others though, that actually helps me out a bit when i am counting cals in my head =).

8-6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8-6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8-6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8-6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8-6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8-6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8-6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 8-6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SledgeHammer01 View Post
    Wait a minute... WTF did someone reply to a 7yr old message?
    Hahahahaha I wouldn't have even noticed...Does this person even come on the forums nemore? lol
    If it was easy everyone would be doing it

brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000) brudman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TomGS View Post
    I keep the lifting heavy regardless, you will lose more strength doing high reps and low weight, as your body will be accustomed to lack of heavy lifting over time.
    This

Originally Posted by Big H View Post
    +This

Originally Posted by kanemacbox View Post
    erm... CARDIO+DIET=NOT BEING FAT, don't use any supplements, don't do low reps. Eat low fat/health foods and go for a run!!
    =This. Correct. Lift heavy, and do cardio, and diet. To burn fat, you must be in a calorie defecit (cals burned > cals consumed). Cardio helps you burn more calories to get in a defecit. Lifting heavy helps you maintain your muscle. Girls lift light. If you want a girl body, lift girl weights. Diet will keep you in a defecit as well. A diet high in proteins and good fats with carbs strategically placed is best for your goals.

Originally Posted by mike35 View Post
    Barbell complexes are great for fat burning. They are under rated but will tear you up. Hydroxycut can do nothing for you without a good diet. Get diet and check, then you can be a human lab rat for muscle tech and take a $100 bottle of something that may or may not work. Dieting works though 100% of the time.

inb8008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    man i hate hydroxycut i tried it once and i felt like crap during and after workouts and honestly i felt like crap through out the whole day and thats on top of the fact that it has so much bad press...has anybody tried anything better?

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by inb8008 View Post
    man i hate hydroxycut i tried it once and i felt like crap during and after workouts and honestly i felt like crap through out the whole day and thats on top of the fact that it has so much bad press...has anybody tried anything better?
    yes...... eat less!

deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol thread is 7 yrs old.. op is prob a ripped dude by now
    the whole world makes me lol

shaboy211 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaboy211 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaboy211 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaboy211 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaboy211 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaboy211 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaboy211 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaboy211 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaboy211 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaboy211 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shaboy211 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bump.....11 years later....bro you ripped?

darkl92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

want to know about get ripped http://getripped2u.com

i am very thin and i am 20 years old my hight is 1.83 meters and my weight is 70 kg what kind of sport should i do in the gym and what kind of diet ?

i read here information about it and i want to ask you if this is true
    ??

Learn from your mistakes lucidz's Avatar
    lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by darkl92 View Post
    i am very thin and i am 20 years old my hight is 1.83 meters and my weight is 70 kg what kind of sport should i do in the gym and what kind of diet ?

i read here information about it and i want to ask you if this is true
    ??
    mega bump of peace.
    Its not how strong you are, its how good your aim is from 500 yards.

Vinayakisave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recommend cycling and Jump ropes every weekend and lift heavy so that u will build muscle and keep mixing up...too much thinking on reducing will not gonna burn caleries.... all the best...