mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Owners of WB-LS, Post your Max Weight!

Hi
    To anyone who has a powertec WB-LS, please post any experiences you have had with lifting more then the max stated in their specs.
    They say
    Weight load capacity:
    Press arm = 500 LBS
    Lat machine = 350 LBS,
    Leg lift = 250 LBS,
    Squat bar = 300 LBS
    Optional arm curl machine = 200 LBS

Just from searching this forum, I noticed a couple people went over the limits.
    If you use the U bar for dips, post your weight. If you use the lat bar for chins, post your weight.
    Maybe we can get a compilation for others like myself who have the machine and wish to push it to the max.

PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sorry, way below.

Originally Posted by mks
    Hi
    To anyone who has a powertec WB-LS, please post any experiences you have had with lifting more then the max stated in their specs.
    They say
    Weight load capacity:
    Press arm = 500 LBS
    Lat machine = 350 LBS,
    Leg lift = 250 LBS,
    Squat bar = 300 LBS
    Optional arm curl machine = 200 LBS

Just from searching this forum, I noticed a couple people went over the limits.
    If you use the U bar for dips, post your weight. If you use the lat bar for chins, post your weight.
    Maybe we can get a compilation for others like myself who have the machine and wish to push it to the max.

I'm a new owner and I also new to BB, so I'm way below these numbers.

But I have no doubt, that there is a decent margin of safety on that machine, therefore going beyond these numbers, shouldn't be a problem (especially the latest unit, with "U" shape in one piece + other improvements).

pump u up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mks
    Hi
    To anyone who has a powertec WB-LS,
    Nothing close to the max for me. I have had about 200 pounds plus my weight (but that's only 165) and no hint of a problem at all.

I do chins on the lat bar but again I am only 165 so it's no biggie.

mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pump u up
    Nothing close to the max for me. I have had about 200 pounds plus my weight (but that's only 165) and no hint of a problem at all.

I do chins on the lat bar but again I am only 165 so it's no biggie.
    Yeah i Do chins too at 155 and i doubt its gonna break. Ive done dips too at 155.

Wonder what the true squat max is though. Even though Im no where close.

Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've had 360 on the squat bar with no problems, though I took a couple months off from lifting a one point and lost some strength, so only at 340 right now. Seems pretty sturdy still though.

I do pull ups all the time on the lat attachment sitting in the hooks, about 200lbs.

I've always been afraid to try dips though. The machine just seems to make a creaking/cracking sound when I start to put my weight on the handles, so I never had the courage to try to completely support myself on them.

I also probably have an older unit as mine is close to 2 years old now, I didn't know there was a new model with slight design changes.

Supplement/Cardio Junkie bulletman's Avatar
    bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10) bulletman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do dips on mine all the time,. I'm about 190# when you figure in clothes and shoes. Plus I use a dip belt and have had up to 35# on it. Considering I've loaded up the bar with 300# of plates for benchpresses, I don't imagine dips would ever be a problem. I don't do chins or pullups on the lat bar though.
    -----
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity - lick it once and you suck forever." - author unknown

Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeraden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hmm... well tonight is chest night actually so I'll try to do dips on it and see how it works. If it breaks, you owe me a new machine.

Where do you rest grab a hold for dips?
    On the handle bars, or on the steel rectangular frame area?

PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10) PopeyeFAFL is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to you do it.

Originally Posted by Jeraden
    I've had 360 on the squat bar with no problems, though I took a couple months off from lifting a one point and lost some strength, so only at 340 right now. Seems pretty sturdy still though.

I do pull ups all the time on the lat attachment sitting in the hooks, about 200lbs.

I've always been afraid to try dips though. The machine just seems to make a creaking/cracking sound when I start to put my weight on the handles, so I never had the courage to try to completely support myself on them.

I also probably have an older unit as mine is close to 2 years old now, I didn't know there was a new model with slight design changes.
    When you say that when doing dips, you heard cracking sound, is there any plates on the "U" shape when you do it ?

On the Powertec Poster, they show a Powertec WB-LS, with a "U" shape that has bolts on the face toward the bench, is yours like that ?

Because, the latest "U" shape is a one piece, formed square tube, the two legs of the "U" shape leading to the pivot are welded (not bolted, I'm not sure if it was bolted before), so the previous version, might be more succeptible to creaking/cracking sound.

Yeah, on mine the "U" thing is bolted onto the main pivot lever. I see on the picture now that its just 1 piece.

I tried dips last night though and it seemed to hold my weight just fine. It does creak a bit when transferring my weight onto it, but it holds just fine. It is kind of awkward doing them though as there isn't really an optimal place to hold onto. The natural place to hold is the metal part of the handle (parallel to you), but its a little too close. The handles are a better distance, but they are facing the wrong way. The main trunk of the U shape is too thick. But its ok for them I guess, I ended up not really doing too many and just going back and sticking with bench press.