latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Buying tips for the home gym buyers:

here are a couple of tips to help you home gym buyers out:

1. If you want to grow like you would in the gym, never buy an all in one machine sort.

2. The optimal combination for starting up, most hardcore and the best bang for your buck are a squat rack of some sort (power rack, squat rack, half rack, squat stand), an adjustable weight bench, a 300lb olympic set, and adjustable dbs.

3. If you are not setting up in your garage, mats are essential, preferably double layered.

4. Get yourself some mirrors and put them up so you know your training correctly and you can admire yourself through your workout .

5. Put some posters up for motivation.

6. If you need additional weights just buy another olympic set, because they cost around 100 dollars, which will cost a lot cheaper than buying 300lb of plates on their own.

7. When you are buying a home gym, remember you preferably want these to last you a long time, so buy something durable, in essence not the cheapest thing out there.

8. Preferably you would want to try out your equipment to make sure it matches what you want and your needs, so unless you find something for a great deal online, go out to a store and try it out first.

Thats about it guys, anything else would be luxurious. Enjoy your new home gym, and GROW!

cheers.
    Offering online personal training.. please PM for rates and complete info

Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hi, just want to know why do you discourage an all in one machine sort?

i was thinking of buying this one : http://www.az-fitness.fr/boutique/im...BE3922_1_z.jpg
    70 kilos max for the pulley , do you think that it will last long?

What would you suggest me since I prefer working out at home.

thanks
    Last edited by Fun_Aka; 06-09-2006 at 06:45 AM.

Critical Mass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Critical Mass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Critical Mass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Critical Mass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Critical Mass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Critical Mass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Critical Mass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Critical Mass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Critical Mass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Critical Mass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Critical Mass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ...did they put the pad for preacher curls on backwards?

Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fun_Aka is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah i think xD
    but what do you guys think of this all in one machine?

DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Fun_Aka
    hi, just want to know why do you discourage an all in one machine sort?

i was thinking of buying this one : http://www.az-fitness.fr/boutique/im...BE3922_1_z.jpg
    70 kilos max for the pulley , do you think that it will last long?

What would you suggest me since I prefer working out at home.

thanks
    I think by machines the poster was referring to units in which cables, pulleys, leverage designs, bows, etc.. are primarily used. The unit you are looking at still requires you to do the main lifts such as bench, squat, etc.. using freeweights. I prefer racks which are partially enclosed as I have dropped squats before going to failure. The lower safety bar on this may not be long enough to ensure that the bar is caught.

I also prefer freeweights and dumbells over "machines" for the bulk of my lifting and for the major exercises. Most here will tell you that freeweights will get supporting muscles involved because you have to balance the weight as you move it, and hence you are getting a better workout. I agree, however don't necassarily be discouraged by anti-machine sentiments. They can be useful for a moderate to low intensity users, and may be preferrable because they can be safer. I also like using them for smaller movements such as triceps pushdowns. A unit like the one you have linked to can offer the advantages of both.

I completely agree to you, i prefer freeweights than machines for the exact reasons you cited. I'm thinking of buying this one because I can do lat pulldowns, rowing and butterflies, squats. I have a bench, a couple of dumbells and a barbell at the moment. I'm limited with back and legs exercises. So do you think this will be a good buy?

DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DFM1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Fun_Aka
    I completely agree to you, i prefer freeweights than machines for the exact reasons you cited. I'm thinking of buying this one because I can do lat pulldowns, rowing and butterflies, squats. I have a bench, a couple of dumbells and a barbell at the moment. I'm limited with back and legs exercises. So do you think this will be a good buy?
    Have you looked at the rack in person or compared it to other power racks with lat units? I don't know what your cost is or how that compares with what you would have to pay for other units. I recently went through the process of picking out a rack for my home gym, and for me I needed one with a built in chinning bar so when I look at the unit you have linked to that appears to be a big negative for me. My workplace gym does have a body solid unit that is simialr to the one you have pictured and it's an OK piece of equipment that gets a lot of use. I would list the exercises you want to do in order of importance and make sure your rack is going to let you do as many as possible, comfortably. Also if possible try a unit like this out first as build quality varies greatly and its better to spend more to get a unit that lasts and one that you will want to work out with.

can you put on a link so that I can see what type of materials I need or what can you propose me . btw, I already have a chinning bar .

thanks!

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have that rack from Bodysolid :

http://www.bodytrading.net/cgi-bin/v...icle.pl?id=600

lu , trop cher pour moi en plus, on ne peut faire que des developpés couchés et des squats tandis que sur le lien que j'ai posté , on est presque dans une salle de muscu, il y a un rack aussi mais un peu moins sophistiqué, on a la repose barre et le truc pour la sécurité. enfin c'est mon avis, que penses-tu?

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    La marque Weider, au niveau qualité c'est pas le top.

La poulie n'est pas vraiment utile. Tu as une barre fixe et les tractions à la barre sont bien meilleures pour le dos que la poulie.

Si tu tiens à acheter le banc Weider, il est moins cher sur :

http://www.fitnessboutique.fr/muscul...EEVBE3922.html

donc qu'est que j'ai vraiment besoin au niveau matériel pour pouvoir bosser tous le corps? un rack + un banc me semble suffisant alors non?

(j'ai trouvé un banc Weider sur ebay à 200 euros)

Un rack ou un power rack, avec des arceaux de sécurité permettant de faire les pecs, du squat en toute sécurité.

Un banc

Une barre

Haltéres

une barre fixe que tu as déjà et des barres paralléles (dips)

Tu pourras ainsi faire tous les exos de base de la muscu.

Power rack :

http://cgi.simplepro.de/cgi-bin/inde...n_action=check

Livraison en France.

merci pour le lien! je vais demander les avis des autres peut etre ils ont la meme chose merci encore

NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Critical Mass
    ...did they put the pad for preacher curls on backwards?
    yes they did.... tards

Originally Posted by KSA

mais est ce que là , on peut faire des dips et des pull ups?

merci

Pull ups oui

Dips non

Mais en placant 2 barres sur les rails de sécurité, tu peux faire des dips entre.

latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow, le thread recevoir beaucoup de reply,

ca c'est un sticky?
    Offering online personal training.. please PM for rates and complete info