b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Strongman help: turns on farmers

Im training for a comp coming up and one of the events is farmers 50ft each way. I practiced today with that turning around for the first time and had quite a bit of trouble. Once I get turning, they dont stop! lol Instead of ending the run with the implements pointing front and back they point sideways for about 5 seconds and it really throws off my grip. I've even tried starting to turn before I reach the end and I still have a lot of trouble.Suggestions? thanks
    STRONGMAN Competitor

weighted pull ups- 100X5 Wide grip70X8
    weighted dips-135X4 125X6
    Deadlift-585
    Farmers hold-295 each hand X32sec
    cg incline-265

32 full range pull ups

HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HHenzler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hit the 1st turn, drop em, turn your body around fast, pick em up and take off with em...unless of course it takes you a while to get your grip set on the bars..
    Don't think about how weak you are ... think of how strong you're going to be.

b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) b~rad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bump............any good advice?
    STRONGMAN Competitor

weighted pull ups- 100X5 Wide grip70X8
    weighted dips-135X4 125X6
    Deadlift-585
    Farmers hold-295 each hand X32sec
    cg incline-265

32 full range pull ups

Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    when you get close to the turn around rotate the implements so their fronts are pushing against each other. This should help stabalize them at least some
    "Leave the pump in the bedroom and add some damn weight to the bar" - Dave Tate

"Train for strength, eat to grow and you will get bigger and stronger" - Someone bigger and stronger then me

81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 81Ort is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Most comps won't let you drop them, turn around, then pick them back up. Start your turn a few steps out from the line, then half way through the turn start turning them back the other way. If the implements are fat you can bump them with your leg to stop the momentum. Keep practicing that and you will learn the timing and your forearm muscles will get stronger. Even at the top guys still have trouble with the implements over-rotating.
    "If you want to be world class you must first act world class"

Funky_monkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    turn a quarter of the way, then start trying to correct it. you should be able to reverse the stress 90deg sooner and they should turn back sooner. strong obliques would probs be an advantage in this too

eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000) eggy_wont_grow is just really nice. (+1000)
    ive had the same problem. turning is by far the hardest part lol. i might practice turns more often, with less emphasis on holding on/walking for distance. i guess i need alot more practice.

got farmers walks?
    got ____?