Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    taoofjord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taoofjord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm training for aesthetics not for strength - Is Rippetoe's program the best for me?

He constantly references how his program is for atheletes and strength building and how strength is his focus not building mass.

I don't really care about a strength increase, my knees aren't great and I'm 24... I'm not about to join a sports team. I just want to get aroud 15 lbs heavier and look decent.

I've been working out for a long time, but incorrectly due to form problems (of which I discovered from Rippetoe's excellent book) and a lack of a good program and good diet. Anyway, should I still pursue starting strength and then 5x5 or is there something more aimed at bodybuilders? I hear about HST - is that someting I should look into?

I've been really excited about rippetoes program but if it focuses on strength more than mass it will just be a waste of my time.

kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    your joking right. Of course its not good for that but he will post and make something up just to make you do it

taoofjord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taoofjord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kingfish3
    your joking right. Of course its not good for that but he will post and make something up just to make you do it

I think you are confusing ripstone and rippetoe.

kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    no riptoe

Originally Posted by kingfish3
    no riptoe
    He posts here?

FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10) FAHall is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My thoughts

I, like you, am completely training for aesthetics. I have been following a 5x5 program for the last 9 weeks and I have found it to be absolutely the best program for building quality and proportional muscle. Before I started the program my arms outshone everything else, but since then I have created a very balanced physique and I am still growing and improving with no end in sight as of yet. I am not following Rippetoe's routine because it is a beginner routine and I needed a slightly more intermediate routine with slower results because otherwise I would have had no gains at all.

If all you are looking for is a well proportioned physique and about 15 more pounds of muscle then I would say yes 5x5 is the way to go. Not only will you build the look you want, but you will have some strength as a bonus. You will also know that you are constantly progressing as your strength will steadily increase. Strength increases are so much easier to measure than mass increases.

Also be sure to utilize assistance work to bring up any lagging parts (right now I am working on my calves and my left arm in assistance) but also be sure that assistance is always just that, assistance.

There is no way that a 5x5 program would be a waste of your time for mass. I have had absolutely stunning mass gains since I started Bill Starr's SF 5x5 program, and Rippetoes will have even faster results because it is designed for beginners. In the last 9 weeks I have gained 10lbs of new muscle and I am not on beginner gains anymore. As long as you eat and follow that program to a T you will grow.

Hope this helps.
    Alexander Hall
    Owner/Personal Trainer/Nutritional Consultant

Vault: Strength and Aesthetics

www.vaultstrength.com

Alex@vaultstrength.com

Originally Posted by FAHall
    I, like you, am completely training for aesthetics. I have been following a 5x5 program for the last 9 weeks and I have found it to be absolutely the best program for building quality and proportional muscle. Before I started the program my arms outshone everything else, but since then I have created a very balanced physique and I am still growing and improving with no end in sight as of yet. I am not following Rippetoe's routine because it is a beginner routine and I needed a slightly more intermediate routine with slower results because otherwise I would have had no gains at all.

If all you are looking for is a well proportioned physique and about 15 more pounds of muscle then I would say yes 5x5 is the way to go. Not only will you build the look you want, but you will have some strength as a bonus. You will also know that you are constantly progressing as your strength will steadily increase. Strength increases are so much easier to measure than mass increases.

Also be sure to utilize assistance work to bring up any lagging parts (right now I am working on my calves and my left arm in assistance) but also be sure that assistance is always just that, assistance.

There is no way that a 5x5 program would be a waste of your time for mass. I have had absolutely stunning mass gains since I started Bill Starr's SF 5x5 program, and Rippetoes will have even faster results because it is designed for beginners. In the last 9 weeks I have gained 10lbs of new muscle and I am not on beginner gains anymore. As long as you eat and follow that program to a T you will grow.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot! You don't know how happy I am to hear this. I've really been focusing most of my time on Rippetoe and Starr's programs and I'd hate to have to switch gears at this point. Right now, I'm in Japan and will return to the states June 23rd. The very day of my return (or the next due to jet lag...) I'll be jumping into Rippetoe's program with a diet laid out and with proper knowledge of perfect form (which I'm working on at the gym here with Starting Strength as a guide).

Looks like I haven't wasted my time, thanks again.

Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ace_frehly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First off ignore everything kingfish says. The more you read from him the more you will find him a waste of your time...regardless of his attempts to draw attention to himself.

The statement that you only lift for asthestics is an interesting comment to me. There is a lot more to the world of bodybuilding than looking good. Think about a moment when you reached a new PR. You set out a goal, you trained and ate to improve and you achieved that goal. At that moment you reached a PR were you really thinking "man I am going to look great with my shirt off later"? Or did you feel a sense of pride that you just improved. Did you feel a sense that "i set out to do something and I had the discipline to do it and I am awesome right now!"? Growth in any area of life is so rewarding..even if its as simple as lifting more weight.
    If you only look are only lifitng to look sexy...then you won't be around long. There are so many benefits to bodybuilding that are more important than this. You will look better, you will feel better, you will have a better sex life (won't tire as quickly, more positions are avaible with strength, endurance will likely increase, sex drive improves), you will have a sense of order in your life, you will feel confident. It carries over to many aspects of your life. We all want to look good, but I doubt that is the primary reason those that stick with body building are still around.

As a side note I have just completed 3 weeks of ripptoe's program and I love it. You will have gains in your core strength you haven't known before. It may not be exciting to have a strong lower back..but it sure feels good.

I'm sure some of my comments on sex may seem funny to some. But everyone I know that has a good sex life is happier, more confident and able to absorb life's trials with more grace than those that don't. Find me a bitter person who has a great sex life. I don't know any either.
    There is no finish line.
    Overtraining happens far less often than laziness.

Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109984461

The Sum Of God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Sum Of God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Muscle and strength go hand in hand. Nuff said.

Da_Beast619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Da_Beast619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Da_Beast619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Da_Beast619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Da_Beast619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Da_Beast619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Da_Beast619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Da_Beast619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Da_Beast619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Da_Beast619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Da_Beast619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by The Sum Of God View Post
    Muscle and strength go hand in hand. Nuff said.
    Not necessarily homie.. 3-5 reps is strength and 6-12 reps is hypertrophy...if you want asthetics you want hypertrophy not strength.

RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No starting strength. Do a bodybuilding routine. Its good to go back to a strength training program once every 6 months, or even once every 3 months, so you can increase your strength, so you can lift more when you return to your bodybuilding routine. Like he said above, 6-12 reps is muscle, though I prefer 8-12 reps as my measure to move up to the next lb. And lift big and eat big.

witty comment goes here SimonThePieman's Avatar
    SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000) SimonThePieman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Da_Beast619 View Post
    Not necessarily homie.. 3-5 reps is strength and 6-12 reps is hypertrophy...if you want asthetics you want hypertrophy not strength.
    What happens if you do 5.5 reps. Do you get the best if both worlds? Or does nothing happen?
    Saying Zyzz inspired you to lift is like saying Justin Bieber inspired you to sing

coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) coloBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    not sure if this thread is serious....

good ammount of muscle + being lean = aesthetics

First and foremost get your diet, calories, macros in order. Then focus on building strength, working in ALL rep ranges (1-5 & 8-12). Why does it always have to be an either/or thing around here?
    PL: 400/280/475

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No. Starting Strength is best for a trainee primarily interested in being strong. There are other programs better suited to the trainee that is primarily interested in looking strong.

Also...strong bump

ultrapak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can try my program .

Originally Posted by taoofjord View Post
    He constantly references how his program is for atheletes and strength building and how strength is his focus not building mass.

I don't really care about a strength increase, my knees aren't great and I'm 24... I'm not about to join a sports team. I just want to get aroud 15 lbs heavier and look decent.

I've been working out for a long time, but incorrectly due to form problems (of which I discovered from Rippetoe's excellent book) and a lack of a good program and good diet. Anyway, should I still pursue starting strength and then 5x5 or is there something more aimed at bodybuilders? I hear about HST - is that someting I should look into?

I've been really excited about rippetoes program but if it focuses on strength more than mass it will just be a waste of my time.
    Ivan Lim
    Amateur bodybuilder
    no1fitnessguru.info

Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    No. Starting Strength is best for a trainee primarily interested in being strong. There are other programs better suited to the trainee that is primarily interested in looking strong.

Also...strong bump
    Even for someone whos skinny and only been lifting for 2 months? if so please link. seems too good to be truuuu

Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Extuhsee View Post
    Even for someone whos skinny and only been lifting for 2 months? if so please link. seems too good to be truuuu
    Check the stickies.

There are plenty of reputable novice routines out there, and not all of them are geared for strength.

Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Extuhsee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Check the stickies.

There are plenty of reputable novice routines out there, and not all of them are geared for strength.
    But wait, i thought i was a beginner until i had a 2,3,4 plate bench squat dead?

bloodriotiori is on a distinguished road. (+10) bloodriotiori is on a distinguished road. (+10) bloodriotiori is on a distinguished road. (+10) bloodriotiori is on a distinguished road. (+10) bloodriotiori is on a distinguished road. (+10) bloodriotiori is on a distinguished road. (+10) bloodriotiori is on a distinguished road. (+10) bloodriotiori is on a distinguished road. (+10) bloodriotiori is on a distinguished road. (+10) bloodriotiori is on a distinguished road. (+10) bloodriotiori is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wtf are you guys replying to a bumped 5 year old thread that has an OP that hasn't been on the site in 3 years???

But wait, i thought i was a beginner until i had a 2,3,4 plate bench squat dead?
    What are you talking about?

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What are you talking about?
    Probably something to do with Babylover and/or others saying beginners should do a strength routine even if their goal is size, until they get a 2,3,4 bench, squat and deadlift.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

Originally Posted by NZninja101 View Post
    Probably something to do with Babylover and/or others saying beginners should do a strength routine even if their goal is size, until they get a 2,3,4 bench, squat and deadlift.
    Exactly. Sooo many people have been saying this. I just want to not be the lanky 6'5 160 pounder anymore. Dun care aboot benching 315 asap, dont care about being explosively strong for football or anything, just bigger. Yet still, i get the replys " do SS until you have a 2,3,4 bench,squat,deadlift- then you become an intermediate and you can go to hypertrophy."

Not even my final form NZninja101's Avatar
    NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NZninja101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Exactly. Sooo many people have been saying this. I just want to not be the lanky 6'5 160 pounder anymore. Dun care aboot benching 315 asap, dont care about being explosively strong for football or anything, just bigger. Yet still, i get the replys " do SS until you have a 2,3,4 bench,squat,deadlift- then you become an intermediate and you can go to hypertrophy."
    To be fair, Babylover, the guy who abdicates this, his version of SS is more geared for hypertrophy than traditional SS in the regard that pull ups replace power cleans, there's dips, you can do rows if you want as well as rear delt raises and some direct arm work. On the other hand he thinks the frequency of regular SS is too low and says you should do it 4,5 or even 6 times a week depending on how you're feeling, which could result in training two days in a row which wouldn't allow enough rest for growth, (though theoretically enough rest for strength). I don't think this goes on for longer than a couple of weeks so its probably not a big deal in the long run.
    'People are gonna remember me as a god forever... Like-like-like Troy, like Chiles heel, I'm a god forever I'll be remembered for thousands of years to come' - Jason Genova

Texas Method Mod: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171537443&p=1444534723&viewfull=1#post1444534723

All you need to do is pick a reputable novice routine...any one...follow it and eat.

superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) superpal08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    All you need to do is pick a reputable novice routine...any one...follow it and eat.
    All Pros is good one sorry for bumped thread.

ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by taoofjord View Post

EDIT: the poster above me bumped this 6 week old thread. I had already posted my advice before realizing the date of the OP post but I have decided to leave my post as it gives advice that others may benefit from, regardless of the timeline.

All the best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been given some good advice.

Another element to take into account is that programs such as SS prepare your body for later specialization. Remember that strength (increased) will ultimately dictate your hypertrophy potential. To increase muscle mass you will need to get strong thus programs such as SS will do the job. Later on, once you can squat, deadlift and press heavy weights, you can focus on specializing and polishing your already acquired muscle mass.

Lastly, don't underestimate the aesthetic potential of a strong body. While solely focusing on compound exercises and working to get strong will not be winning you bbing competitions, a body built on these exercises will still turn heads and be one to be proud of (of course, assuming you keep your bodyfat sub-10%).

All the best.

BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    +2 ^^
    "When God solves my problems, I have faith in his abilities. When He doesn't solve my problems, He has faith in mine."

Rep'n back every time. (100+)

Weakling [ ] --- Weak [x] --- Semi-Weak [ ] --- Average [ ] --- Semi-Strong [ ] --- Strong [ ] --- Strong(er) [ ]

GyzzBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GyzzBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GyzzBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GyzzBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GyzzBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GyzzBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GyzzBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GyzzBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GyzzBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GyzzBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GyzzBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SimonThePieman View Post
    Saying Zyzz inspired you to lift is like saying Justin Bieber inspired you to sing
    What the hell man? Zyzz is awesome

Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Broscientist88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GyzzBrah View Post
    What the hell man? Zyzz is awesome
    lol

JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by SimonThePieman View Post
    What happens if you do 5.5 reps. Do you get the best if both worlds? Or does nothing happen?
    How the fk do u do half a rep? Lol for bench go halfway down then throw away the bar quickly or you will gain hypertrophy.
    Lifts @ 999lbs

Squat 1300lbs/590kg
    Bench Press 700lbs/317.5kg
    Deadlift 1000lbs/453.5kg

Clean&Jerk 600lbs/272kg
    Snatch 500lbs/227kg

Lifts all Raw (no suits or wraps)