Thread: GNC Employees!

TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

GNC Employees!

I am interviewing for a job at the local GNC. I have an interview coming up this week. What are some things I should be prepared for during the interview? I have a pretty solid knowledge of most of the sports supplements and some knowledge of the herbs and other items the store sells. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

okiew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) okiew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a frog would be able to get hired at GNC

Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    muscletech and xyience are the greatest things since sliced bread...
    Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
    Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
    But I'm debated disputed hated and viewed in America
    as a motherf**kin drug addict - like you didn't experiment?
    Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror
    and see yourself as a kid again, and you get embarrased
    And I got nothin to do but make you look stupid as parents
    You f**kin do-gooders - too bad you couldn't do good at marriage!

Shunned, Unshunned UberBerzerker's Avatar
    UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

since you are in a selling position, you'll need to be able to look people in the eye and convincingly tell them why they should give you their money. If you can master that - nothing else matters.
    If its not good for pregnant women then why would it be good for me. - MegaPump

KO Artist Extraordinaire NHBBareKnuckler's Avatar
    NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50) NHBBareKnuckler will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TMC Saint
    I am interviewing for a job at the local GNC. I have an interview coming up this week. What are some things I should be prepared for during the interview? I have a pretty solid knowledge of most of the sports supplements and some knowledge of the herbs and other items the store sells. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    walk in, tie your shoes and you get the job...
    Tell them how you are interested in pushing Fizogen down peoples throats too, I am sure that will help

jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All sarcasm aside... it is a lot more sales orientated than you would think. Be prepared for that. It's not just "I workout alot, so I should work at GNC". Do you have any idea if it's a corporate or a franchise store?

TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TMC Saint is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Its a corporate store.

3rd day of a 7 day binge The Abomination's Avatar
    The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Applying at GNC, why don't you just sell your soul to the devil why you're at it??
    Last edited by The Abomination; 06-06-2006 at 01:55 PM.

jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaymag254 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You will be given PM's (Promotional Money) for selling certain products (i.e. $2.00 for selling a bottle of Hot Rocks thermogenic). That is one reason why everyone on this forum hates GNC... because the pay structure encourages the sales associates to push certain products (not necessarily the best products).

zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    this is all coming from a GNC manager by the way....

knowledge helps...a lot.

they might throw the ol' here is a pen, now sell me this pen trick (they didnt at my interview but it does happen) if they do...dont forget to add "how many would you like" at the end.

dress nice...slacks, polo shirt tucked in with a belt and dress shoes.

tell them you like to stay up to date on supplements through personal research

say the words "multivitamins are number 1" <---will deffinately make you stand out

say you are not shy and are very "people friendly"

if someone walked into my store and said those things ^^^ they would get a job for sure.

SIDE NOTE: dont just come out of nowhere and say those things...let them ask the appropriate ?'s first.

example...if they say "what all do you know about proper supplement use", respond with..."i am a huge fan of multivitamins, they are always at the top of my list...then go on with protein and fish oil, blah blah"

if you need any more tips just PM me

fatpharmboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatpharmboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatpharmboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatpharmboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatpharmboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatpharmboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatpharmboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatpharmboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Right before you go, stand in the mirror and say..........."ProPerformance is the best stuff there is" If you can do that without laughing hysterically, then you're ready to work at GNC.

Sorry, I used to work there so I couldn't pass this up.

Bigwool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigwool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigwool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigwool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigwool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigwool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigwool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigwool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigwool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigwool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigwool has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Selling product is what GNC does, you have to be able to sell. To talk people into buying something that they didnt think of or know of
    Age 21
    Height 5'10"
    Weight 220--&gt; 15%BF
    And yes I do work for GNC, But i shop on bb.com
    For those who know...A.E.K.D.B.

okiew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) okiew5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GNC is all about commission..hence everytime u walk into a gnc..they push all the muscletech products at you regardless if u tell them that u are all set and they dont need your help...also the prices are rediculously high...and most employees are pushing products that they dont truly believe in just to make a buck. a blind rat could work at gnc..you present yourself in a decent manner and u got the job..congrats

red rocket 33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) red rocket 33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) red rocket 33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) red rocket 33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) red rocket 33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) red rocket 33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) red rocket 33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) red rocket 33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) red rocket 33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) red rocket 33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) red rocket 33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are you guys even trying to reply to his question?

Are you guys even trying to help Saint?

Saint is asking for your tips on interview prep, and you are using this post as your "attack GNC", and all sales people, forum.

Do I get annoyed with GNC employees who know less than me, trying to persuade me to buy something I do not want? Yes. But, it is my job as a consumer to educate myself before going to spend LOTS of $$$ on anything! Anyone who walks into any store and listens to any employee's advice on what to buy, and then does so blindly, is asking for trouble.

OF COURSE GNC has an agenda, every profit seeking company does. Car dealerships, grocery stores, doctors, BB.com, all of them.

The people working at GNC are just doing their job, the way they have been trained, in order to get a paycheck to pay their bills, just like the rest of us. They are not all bad people, they need a job.
    Is it really necessary to paint them all as bad people or losers or slimebags for following their bosses orders?

And Saint, if you do not get the job, do not feel like you are worthless just b/c folks here make it sound like anyone who can breathe can get a job there. Maybe a lot of other people are applying as well, and there is limited openings.

Just my take...

Evanarios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol... The people att my GNC always say

"You should get Pro Performance, ITS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111"

Pretty much they know nothing about anything and make up stuff...

"Don't take creatine unless it's Pro Performance! You'll get Kidney Failure!"

"That protein wil not mix well" (pointing to the ON 100% Whey)

"Buy our Gold Card! Now! You'll save money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    <--- See that Scale-Weight thing? If yah do click it, and select "Good Reputation Point"... ;D

Fuzzylumpkkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fuzzylumpkkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fuzzylumpkkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fuzzylumpkkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fuzzylumpkkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fuzzylumpkkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fuzzylumpkkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly, a good attitude and the ability to approach customers is the main thing the managers look for in hourly workers. When I got hired I knew a fair amount about the sport supps, but nearly nothing about herbs, but your "training" period will get you more familiar with anything you may be unfamiliar with.

I am the only person at my store that knows much of anything about sports supps, the rest of the workers are teenage girls and a stoner mom, so never expect too much when walking into a GNC. Because they don't expect too much of their workers as far as product knowledge goes. I should know.

zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) zhorner is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by hublife
    Now that your going to start working at GNC I was wondering if you can do me a favor. For every customer that you get done fleecing can you give them my business card so that way they can go to a supplement store that has people working in it who actually care about their well being? I'd really appreciate it. Oh and if I have even get one of your customers who is a 16yr old kid who worked his ass off for the $120 you just got him to spend on Leukic and Gakic walk into my store. I personally am going to come down to your store and lay the smack down. Good luck with the interview!

wow, what a douche bag.

will you personally go to his store and lay the "smack down"

Sometimes I can be a dick jkeithc82's Avatar
    jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jkeithc82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This was my advice to someone applying at Vitamin Shoppe I believe last year. This was my experience at Vitamin World, but can be applied to GNC as well.

Originally Posted by jkeithc82
    When I was interviewed for Vitamin World, my product knowledge was not even an issue, because you will learn it on the job. The hidden secret is are you an outgoing, personable, people person. To work this job you can't be shy and have to have somewhat of an aggressive attitude. I don't think Vitamin Shoppe emphasizes product knowledge and selling like Vitamin World does, at least form my experience shopping at Vitamin Shoppe a few times.

Please though, the number one complaint I had with new applicants coming into my store was when they would say, "I am really into bodybuilding and know a lot of supplements and stuff" because that makes up only a portion of the store. Realize you will be selling to the general public and most people are not into bodybuilding. The amount of herbs, minerals, beauty and health, digestive, heart, diabetic support, joint health etc. supplements you sell dwarfs the sports supplement lines. Most of your customers will not be bodybuilders or athletes, because the more educated ones will order online, but people who will buy things for general health. Supplements like CoQ-10, EFA's, digestive enzymes, calcium/magnesium, antioxidents, women's nutrition (ie soy, menopause) B-vitamins, etc. will be your main selling products. Maybe mention that you do know something about protein and bodybuilding/fat loss supplements, but do not lean on that as a crutch because most of our applicants did and they thought this was the way to go.
    Sinners in the hands of an angry Mod.

Mod is a concept...by which, we measure, our pain.

vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vincerich is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Sockomalo View Post
    muscletech and xyience are the greatest things since sliced bread...
    ....and two years later Xyience is being discontinued in GNC corporate stores while MT continues to kick butt.

Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lector606 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's just like applying for any retail/sales job. I do interviews at a nutrition store and the most important thing for me is that someone is confident, well spoken and able to maintain eye contact throughout the conversation. Product knowledge helps but if the person is outgoing and intelligent they will pick that part up anyways. Like some others have said, it's a business and they want to make money. It's a retail/sales position, not a bodybuilding consulting position, so you'd be surprised how little the interviewer probably cares how much you know about nutrition/supplements. They want to know if you can sell.