Registered User braveheart10010's Avatar
    braveheart10010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do I increase push-ups and bench press simutaneously?

Okay, sort of like my previous thread, how can I amp up my pushups, I currently max bench 345, but can only do 40 push-ups (ironically the same amount I did when I benched 225). I only do chest 1x a week, and almost never have done push ups, but I gotta start working them in now for my job, advice appreciated as always.

Be well & lift heavy.

Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    here is why you suck at pushups:

Originally Posted by braveheart10010
    almost never have done push ups
    Just start doing 2-3 sets of near max reps (go a bit short of failure) several times a week and you should see a decent improvement in a short period of time.

I also wouldnt imagine this having any impact on your normal chest routine
    "Leave the pump in the bedroom and add some damn weight to the bar" - Dave Tate

"Train for strength, eat to grow and you will get bigger and stronger" - Someone bigger and stronger then me

getripped37 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getripped37 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) getripped37 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i have a problem with my push ups too i can only do like 30 and i want to increase by like another 30 at least

zpider86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do everything including chest twice a week, 1 heavy and 1 light day. throw in a few sets of pushups 1-2 times a week near your light day and you'll gain the endurance you want.

BaghdadBob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I max the Army physical fitness test every time. I do 90+ pushups in 2 minutes and 85+ sit ups in 2 minutes. Find the widest grip possible that is still comfortable and do push ups for 45 seconds 3 times and do this 3 times a week. After 6-8 weeks you will see a huge increase.
    Height: 5'11" Weight: 198lbs
    Bench: 325
    Squat: 385
    Deadlift: 515

TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Army physical test, that sounds sweet, what does the whole thing look like?

Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tad_T is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TheCore
    Army physical test, that sounds sweet, what does the whole thing look like?

http://www.ncoer.com/apft/
    Patience + Persistence = Progress. (Bill Starr, The Strongest Shall Survive)

My Journal = http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=871168