vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lifting heavy while losing fat?

Alright so im trying to cut down about 20 pounds by the end of the summer, should be pretty easy got everything planned out, but i have one question. While trying to lose fat and maintaining as much muscle as possible, should i continue lifting heavy like training to get stronger, or do i just lower the amount of weight i lift? or does it even matter?

Anyways cheers, and thanks for responses

Ps: yes i am doing a lot of cardio XD

BigJohn82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJohn82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJohn82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJohn82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJohn82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJohn82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJohn82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJohn82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJohn82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJohn82 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJohn82 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Should be lighter weight but more reps.

laker1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) laker1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) laker1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) laker1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) laker1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) laker1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) laker1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) laker1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    keep lifting heavy. Dont go for higher reps thinking it will burn more calories- the much higher weight more than makes up for the difference. Plus lifting heavy may be better at helping you preserve lean body mass. good luck on your cut

meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vayx
    Alright so im trying to cut down about 20 pounds by the end of the summer, should be pretty easy got everything planned out, but i have one question. While trying to lose fat and maintaining as much muscle as possible, should i continue lifting heavy like training to get stronger, or do i just lower the amount of weight i lift? or does it even matter?

Anyways cheers, and thanks for responses

Ps: yes i am doing a lot of cardio XD

heavy compound movements will help you retain the most strength and help you lose the most fat as well.
    When you're down by the sea and an eel bites your knee, thats a moray.

FrankVista has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FrankVista has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FrankVista has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FrankVista has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FrankVista has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FrankVista has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FrankVista has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    carry on lifting as heavy as you can. your body cannot sacrifice muscle while it's required to lift heavy weights.

if you lift heavy you will retain nearly all of your muscle. get your body into fat burning mode (cut the carbs down) and lift heavy and you'll be set.
    I got mega-negged for saying something derogatory about Metallica. lol.

vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    alrighty thanks guys.

Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lift Heavy, Run Hard, Eat Under Maintenance.. BOOM!
    ** Run Hard = Cardio, not required to be just running.

InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Case in point, me. I've lifted heavy four days a week and have been cutting/dieting for ten months and I have lost 29lbs of fat and have gained 15lbs of muscle according to my doctor. Not bad huh! I'm sure both numbers would be higher if I had applied myself more or focused on one or the other. Good luck.

eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50) eatingisfun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've gone up in lifts while cutting right now so definitely keep lifting heavy.

ianitrix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by InvidGurab
    Case in point, me. I've lifted heavy four days a week and have been cutting/dieting for ten months and I have lost 29lbs of fat and have gained 15lbs of muscle according to my doctor. Not bad huh! I'm sure both numbers would be higher if I had applied myself more or focused on one or the other. Good luck.
    I was curious how your doctor knows exactly how much muscle you have gained.

meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meanmo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ianitrix

you just measure body fat ratio, my doc has the bioelectric though and they are pretty damn inaccurate, I use the calipers.
    When you're down by the sea and an eel bites your knee, thats a moray.

dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50) dance2trance will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it wouldnt be exact but if you knew the previous weight and bf%, and current weight and bf%, im sure you could work it out
    BPhysio, BBiomed Sci (Hons)

Current supps (cutting):
    - Universal Ultra Whey Pro
    - Gaspari Size-On Pre Contest
    - Universal Animal Rage (currently off)
    - VPX Power Shock (currently on)
    - My gym music playlist
    - My Animal shirt :P

Need to calculate your cutting/bulking calories? Try my Daily Calorie Calculator:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137277813

InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InvidGurab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    He used some sort of sticky electrode pad thing on both arms and then on both legs. He estimated this saying that hydrostatic weighing and some other ray method was more accurate. I tend to believe him.