bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ice cream in Protein Shakes?

Ok, I've been finding many references to adding ice cream to post-workout shakes. I know I'm a little naive, but I always thought ice cream was bad for you.

Share your brand/flavor of ice cream. And why do you add it?
    Tony

"The time was 6 o'clock on the Swatch watch, no time to chill, got a date, can't be late, hey, the girl is gunna do me. Cruise to the jacuzzi, ooo, that booty, smack it up, flip it, rub it down, oh no!"

sp123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey bamaster,
    I sometimes add ice cream to my protein shakess ONLY if it is post-workout. This can make the drink taste much better, provides additional protein, and also provides additional sugar.
    Although this may not be the best source of sugar, adding fat free ice cream to a post workout protein drink is very beneficial.

Depending on the flavour of the protein drink, you can mix and match ice cream flavours!

I think so anyway!

SP123

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why not add ice cream - you wanna get big then add whatever you like - probably better to go for the lower fat versions. Most ice cream doesn't contain actual cream
    "my grocery bill looks like a ransom note"

labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i have an nlarge shake post-w. but an hour later i have some quick oats with choc. protein powder, some raisins, a banana, some milk, and some Dreyers Double Fudge Brownie! yeeeeaaa baaaaby!!
    "...but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

petefox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petefox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petefox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petefox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petefox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petefox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petefox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petefox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petefox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petefox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) petefox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Chill, then serve!

Ice cream is probably one of the best junkfoods out there. It's not all bad, providing you use lowfat brands, or all-natural flavors. I use to put ice cream in my weight gainer pre, and post-workout. It's all up to what you feel, I guess.
    Damn, Son!

Judd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Judd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Judd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Judd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Judd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Judd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Judd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Judd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Judd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Judd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Judd has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Kind of like a reward for hard work. Bryers makes an Orange Sherbet that is low fat and great tasting. This isn't a good choice for a protein shake but it's a good snack. Only 120 cals per serving and 1g of Sat Fat. Even got 1g of protein in it.
    "Rome was built in 8 week cycles"
    Judd

newbodyme2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Jay Reward Shake

i just wanted to jump in here

I just did this tonight for the first time and it was damn delicious

My shake includes

1 scoop of Gold Standard Whey Protein Isolate (Double Rich Chocolate)
    3 cups Kroger Party Pail Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
    8 oz Vitamin D Milk

Near as i can figure the rough stats on this shake in a 20 oz sport bottle are

Protein= 44 Grams
    Carbs= 123 Grams
    Calories= 1110
    Fat= 96 Grams

IT may not be the healthiest thing in the world but with all this meat and potatoes and liver, and fish and kidney beans and sardines, and bean chips and jerky, and eggs and Canadian bacon on and on and on

It was a nice treat that ill be repeating often, and you could not taste the isolate at all

I'm a newb so chime in if I'm crazy, but experimenting with these shakes has been fun and with a 10 pound tub i got plenty of isolate to do it with

āœ… verified account Bigdumogre's Avatar
    Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    02 bump

Strong
    50% of my posts are 100% factual

newbodyme2014 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
    02 bump

Strong
    what is 02 BUMP strong?

Revolutionized has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Whole milk ice cream all the way

02 bump +15 bump

ONLY IF YOURE BULKING

Post workout
    12-16 oz whole milk
    2 scoops whole milk vanilla ice cream
    1 scoop gold standard whey protein
    Creatine

Pre-work
    The same but add maca for energy

stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Since this has moved its way to the top:

Iā€™d say if Ice Cream (or anything else) fits into your nutritional goals have at it. I live most the year with pretty low bf but still have sweet treats all the time.

Cellucor Nutrabolt Lead Representative
    w/ Burntreality :)