To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000)

Exclamation Ney Year Workout Split... Needs Work...

Well, I've been doing the same structured split for just over 4 months now, and I feel that it's time to change things up a little bit. I feel that whilst some body parts are still excelling, like my chest and back, others, like my arms, just aren't gaining in strength anymore. I know this is probably down to poor diet (I could be eating a bit better) but what with New Year coming up, I've decided this to be the perfect time to change...

Current Split:

Monday - Chest and Biceps. (don't feel like arms are progressing)
    Tuesday - Legs (doing complete legs kills me )
    Thursday - Back. (Ok)
    Friday - Shoulders and Triceps. (Ok).

My new idea (rough template, open to changes):

New Plan:

Monday - Chest and Triceps.
    Tuesday - Shoulders, Calves, Neck and Forearms. (All small muscle groups, which is why I thought it might be ok to do them together).
    Friday - Upper legs.
    Saturday - Back and Biceps.

And my new exercise schedule SO FAR... (need help)...

Chest: Barbell flat bench. (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)
    Dumbell incline bench. (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)
    Triceps: Overhead Extensions. (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)
    Cable pushdowns. (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)

Shoulders: Dumbell shrugs. (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)
    Overhead press. (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)
    Lower Legs: Standing calf raises. (6X)
    Neck: Various.
    Forearms: Forearm curls. (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)

Upper Legs: Squats (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)
    Leg curls. (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)
    Leg extensions (looking for alternative). (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)

Back: Pullups. (4X)
    Bent-over dumbell rows. (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)
    Pulldowns. (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)
    Seated Rows (?). (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)
    Biceps: Barbell curls (cambered bar). (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)
    Zottoman curls. (X, X+1, X+2, X+1)

Volume is really quite low, but not sure what to add, if anything.
    X is the starting weight. X+1 is 1 step (small plate) over this weight. X+2 is 2 steps over this weight. So I'll get a set of 10, maybe then an 8, then a 6, then probably a 6 again. See?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
    "In times of change the learners inherit the world whereas the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Geoff Hofer

Fear The Day That I Reach 200lbs.

ZachG_85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Shoulders are a BIG muscle group. Three delt heads that ALL operate separately.

Move calves to leg day, unless you want to move that day elsewhere. Can't have recuperating calves when working out legs.

Where are traps? With back I assume?

Good other than that.

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wouldnt do legs the day before back.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like this routine...

Day 1: Chest Tris
    Day 2: Legs
    Day 3: Rest
    Day 4: shoulders & Traps & Abs
    Day 5: Rest
    Day 6: back and bi's
    Day 7: Rest

works good for me, i like doing traps with shoulders, I like supersetting upright rows with db shrugs, and upright rows seem to hit my traps and my shoulders.
    "Change is Inevitable, Progress Isn't"

Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    for chest tri day you should definatley do weighted dips, all my chest and back excersises seemed to explode after I started focusing more on dips.

And for your shoulder day, I dont think you should do db shrugs first, because they hit your grip pretty hard when your using a heavy weight.
    "Change is Inevitable, Progress Isn't"

To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000) To(V) is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Actually, shoulders and traps are together... I just failed to include upright rows, which as has been said, seem to work both for me. Same deal with overhead press to some degree. I may well move calves to leg day. That's how I do it now, but the day kills me, so I just wanted to loosen it up a bit.
    As I said, it's open for discussion.
    Thanks,

Tom
    "In times of change the learners inherit the world whereas the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Geoff Hofer

Fear The Day That I Reach 200lbs.

mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000) mchomertime is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was 12 when this thread was made and what is this?