albus2k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What do you think about the NutraSport Cutting gel?

Hey guys I was looking at the top 10 best selling products from bb.com. I saw the cutting gel.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nutra/cutting.html

Is that stuff true? Does it really take the fat on the blood stream and if you work out, you will see difference in 10 days?
    Has anyone used it? What do you think? Is it worth spending $50?

Thanks in advance,
    ab2k

toolbag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    save your money,another bs supplement,but if you still want to use it,go to gnc on there 20% of days and get it,b/c you can use just about all of it and take it back for a FULL PRICE store credit.....trust me,thats what i do with all gnc products!

Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Younggunz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Everything I have found about cutting gel says it is complete crap. Par has a kind of cutting gel, although the ingredients really do work as does the trensdermal part of it. Someone else name it for me, will ya? Lipoderm or something.

Just don't waste your money on cutting gel!!!
    "Building muscle is a science, and as such must have conclusions brought through by scientific, technical, methodical, and exact means...not by hearsay, gossip, and unfounded information. " - Younggunz
    "This is a matter of science -- your feelings mean **** all." -Par
    "You are my bitch." - BigCat

Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cutting Gel's active ingredient is aminophylline:

Aminophylline is a xanthine derivative, similar to caffeine, which is not a particularly potent fat burner. In rat studies, it has shown good thermogenic properties due to blockade of adenosine receptors (which provide one of the negative feedback mechanisms for catecholamine induced thermogenesis) and inhibition of phosphodiesterase (which degrade cyclic AMP) -- but this is at extremely high doses, which would kill a human, so it is not applicable (1,2). At therapuetic doses, only adenosine blockade occurs, which will act to increase norepinephrine levels (3)-- but as you will see norepinephrine stimulates alpha 2 receptors (bad) in addition to beta 2 receptors (good) -- and in stubborn fat, alpha 2's outnumber beta 2's (4).

Like caffeine, it is a good diuretic (5), which would account for the girth loss in the study they reference, which did not measure actual fat loss (6,7). One study did look at fat depth after use of an aminophylline cream, and no difference was found vs. control (8). As a local diuretic, it might be effective, but as a true fat loss agent, it quite likely is not.

References:

1. Dulloo AG; Seydoux J; Girardier L. Potentiation of the thermogenic antiobesity effects of ephedrine by dietary methylxanthines: adenosine antagonism or phosphodiesterase inhibition? Metabolism 1992 Nov;41(11):1233-41.

2. Lee TF; Li DJ; Jacobson KA; Wang LC. Improvement of cold tolerance by selective A1 adenosine receptor antagonists in rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 1990 Sep;37(1):107-12.

3. Tung CS, Kuan CJ, Tarng JL, Tseng CJ. Effect of adenosine blockade on plasma renin activity and catecholamines. Proc Natl Sci Counc Repub China B 1993 Jan;17(1):21-8

4. Millet L, Barbe M, Lafontan M, Berlan M, Galitzky J. Catecholamine effects on lipolysis and blood flow in human abdominal and femoral adipose tissue. J Appl Physiol 1998; 85(1):181-188.

5. Pretzlaff RK, Vardis RJ, Pollack MM Aminophylline in the treatment of fluid overload.Crit Care Med 1999 Dec;27(12):2782-5

6. Greenway FL, Bray GA, Heber D. Topical fat reduction. Obes Res 1995 Nov;3 Suppl 4:561S-568S

7. Greenway FL, Bray GA.Regional fat loss from the thigh in obese women after adrenergic modulation.Clin Ther 1987;9(6):663-9

8. Collis N, Elliot LA, Sharpe C, Sharpe DT. Cellulite treatment: a myth or reality: a prospective randomized, controlled trial of two therapies, endermologie and aminophylline cream. Plast Reconstr Surg 1999 Sep;104(4):1110-4; discussion 1115-7
    El Jefe et Patron
    www.avantlabs.com
    www.neobium.org

Thinking of a Master Plan SirSavageX's Avatar
    SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000) SirSavageX is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have tried it. I work at GNC, and had the opportunity to buy it for a really cheap price, so I did. I can tell you, it isn't worth the really high price for it, but there is a little something to it. After a few weeks of use, my abs were a little more defined. But like Par said, it could have been more of a diuretic than a fat loss catalyst.