Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baller1950 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

squats and height growth

I recently stopped using belts when I squat becasue I learned that it weakens your core. I also learned that unbelted squats are better for athletic preformance. But when I tried squatting without a belt, my back sort of hurt after each set. And when I put the weight on my shoulders, I felt some pressure on my spine. I am worried that this pressure/pain on my spine could lead to injury or something. It just felt like my spine was being squished like a soda can gets crushed. I felt shorter. I dont want to stunt my growth. I'm 15.5 years old and I have alot more to grow. I'm scared that not using a belt on my squats could stunt my growth or injure my back or something. Will squatting withought a belt stunt my growth. Is unbelted squatting more dangerous than belted squatting?

Thanks.

Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lifter X will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no buddy ull be fine its just form and

think about if you playfootball the impact of a hard hit on your shoulders compared to a 400 pound squat im thinking the hit is gonna do more damge
    "Everyday I feel like I become less of a man but more of a legened"

Shittygeneticsomorph BBing_Addict's Avatar
    BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBing_Addict has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    nah squatting with no belt is fine, i would actually suggest to do it no belt at all time, for all your lifts. that is unless you are not lifting maxes (that is 1-4RM).

so yea, for now since you been using a belt. LOWER THE WEIGHT and build your strength back up, so that you core strength has a chance catch up and avoid injury. this will also hopefully relieve some of the pain on you back.

so yea stick to 6+ reps but make sure that your form is right. so also just be safe, avoid maxes.

Atom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Atom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Atom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Atom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Atom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Atom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Atom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Atom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Form is everything with the big lifts, with good form good gains will come.

Don't fall into the category of thinking that weightlifting will stunt your growth, it has nothing to do with how tall you will develop that falls down to your genetics ( like most things in BB lol )

Btw squats will also add overall mass to your body so for christ sakes dont drop them lol :P
    Lift Hard, Lift Heavy, Lift Hardcore!

andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all, you are not going to stunt your growth in any way from squatting.

Second, if you are squatting with excellent form, you will in no way "crush" your back or spine.

And I agree with what you were told. Squatting without the belt forces you to maintain a strong lower back and stomach and will help with overall body strength in sports.

-Andy

Jbsox24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jbsox24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jbsox24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jbsox24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jbsox24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jbsox24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jbsox24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jbsox24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jbsox24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jbsox24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jbsox24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I am almost 16, and I used to wonder the same exact thing, just go lighter weight with correct form and posture, and you should be okay, and your body size does matter too, if you are a smaller kid, then squats may put a lot of pressure on your back, you could consider leg presses, they are effective as well. Keep working