Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

why do we need SO much protein?

o.k. so here's my question, not my opinion, just my question...

ever wonder why companies like bb.com, any major mag. company or basicaly any supp. store you walk into tells you that you need very large amounts of protein if you want to build muscle?

i've been taking a personal trainer's course and doing a bunch of reading. at my course i learned that the Canadian food guid recomends .8 to 1 gram of protein per Kilo of body weight per day for the average person. Now i agree that body builders are not your average person, but it also stated that even high performance athleats should not exceed 2g per kilo of body weight per day because it's terrible for your kidneas. i've also read stuff in american studies that state that we should exceed 2g per kilo of body weight either.

so after all this info why are suplement companies telling us we need upto 2g of protein per POUND of body weight. are they right or are they just making sure that they sell enough of their big money maker.

i'm not making any claims of my bias towards either way.....you decide!

p.s. one Kilo Gram=2.2 Pounds

canadian food guid tells me (a 170lb male) i shouldn't eat more than 154g of protein a day
    sup companies say i need up to 340g per day

Shunned, Unshunned UberBerzerker's Avatar
    UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) UberBerzerker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MattBrass
    sup companies say i need up to 340g per day
    surely you don't need me to point out why they tell you to use more of their products, right?
    If its not good for pregnant women then why would it be good for me. - MegaPump

Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Q-Ball83 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink

hey i didn't say i belived em, i'm just curious who does that's all