dhc002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need Help with getting rid of spare tire.

Hi,

My names David and I am new to the boards.
    I have a few questions that no one else can seem to answer for me.
    Well let me get started.
    I am 6'6" tall and currently weight about 265.
    I have a spare tire and it is gross.
    I have been working out now for about 3 months.
    I have noticed great improvment with moving up in weight my arms are getting toned up along with my chest sholders and legs.
    I currently work out Tuesday, Tursday, and Saturday.
    I am extreamly active on the days in between playing basketball or softball always doing something.
    The reason I am making this post is becasue I have a spare tire and I want to get rid of it bad and for my abs to show.
    I am currently taking Ephedrine to aid in weight loss and I try to eat 6 small meals a day. I also eatlike 3-4 slices of turkey breast right before bed to help my metabolism.
    I have noticed the weight melting off of my butt legs and chest but the spare tire will not go away.
    The reason I am asking you guys is I have asked everyone what to do and eveyrone has a diffrent answer. ALL I want is something that works and I am willing to do anything to get rid of this thing and get my abs to show.
    Last edited by dhc002; 05-30-2006 at 06:41 AM.

gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is no magic formula that will spot reduce fat around your spare tire, the fact is that for most men this seems to be the last area that will lose the fat.
    I've been cutting for 6 weeks and went down from 205 to 190 lbs, I look much more defined but I still have some fat remaining around the midsection.

It looks like your workouts and diet are in check, just keep at it and you will see results, I know that from my previous cutting phases.

Thanks for the info.
    I guess it just takes for ever to get rid.
    I should have never let it get this bad man this sucks.

BlackIce72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackIce72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ah, I know exactly what you are saying.

When I dieted I dropped from 220 to 180. Even though I lost this weight, I still had some love handles. I had a great diet and exercised every day. I just couldn't get rid of it.

When lacrosse season started I was in the best shape of my life, despite these love handles. It just simply seemed like they weren't going away.

The season started and immediately I noticed they started to disappear! It wasn't the running, because I had been running for so long before that. It was the costant rotating of my body that seemed to melt them away. I practiced my passing and shooting more than anybody I've ever met, and eventually had a picture perfect shot. The key to having this shot is smooth yet quick midsection rotation from basically your back to the goal and your legs towards the goal to your whole body to the goal after the shot.

Because of over 3 hours of practice a day where I played a position that frequently shoots, I would get a lot of this rotation in. It really did the trick.

So what do I recommend just to see if it works? I recommend doing this outside so you have room. Get a GREAT STRETCH in your arms, legs, and misection beforehand! You can't imagine how much it hurts to pull a muscle in your side or back because your body isn't ready for the fast motion. Grab a pole or stick (a baseball bat is great). Find a spot on a wall ( this will be your "goal" ). Put your feet perpendicular to the spot and your back almost parallel to the wall. It feels awkward but you get used to it. Then (this takes some practice) in one smooth motion get to your toes a bit, bend your knees, and quickly rotate your body and your legs to face the wall(as if you are awkwardly swinging a baseball bat and rotate your whole body). It's tough to explain, so I attached a video I found that will give you an idea.

You might think swinging a baseball bat is the same, but you aren't getting as much of a motion.

It could just be a coincidence, but I'm convinced it worked for me. And, of course, do this both lefty and righty.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/images...offHipShot.mov

ker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tell me about it I am 6'1 I started at 305 in jan. I am at 245 as I type this, I go to the gym 5 days a week to lift I do 10 min. of cardio 2 days a week and a hard cardio day on sat. I have lost weight everywhere and even though I have lost 12 inches of of my midsection it is still way out of line 40 inches talk about gross. To many years and too many beers. I cut them out all together. I noticed on myself that the weight comes of were it wants to come off I do plenty of ab work and obl. work and I know I am stronger in my midsection I can lift more weight but I still see slow results. I recently added the kneeling cable cruntch to my ab routine and it has had me in more pain than anything elese that I have done..
    you face away from a high cable station and attach a rope to the pulley
    get on your knees and hold the rope on each side of your facecruntch pointing your elbows to your knees then return and then cruntch aiming your right elbow to your left knee then return and the cruntch aiming your left elbow at your right knee that is one rep. I do 12 reps for 4 sets in conjuctions with regular cruntches and hanging knee raises. Good luck!

Thanks for all the replies.
    I am going to try that swing motion as well as a lot more ab exercieses but you are correct the weight comes off the weigh it wants to.
    Also congrats Ker you went from 305 to 245 that is a lot of weight to drop.
    Man I just want this stupid mid section gone.