bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodyweight4ever will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cutting/Bulking really necessary?

Look at Lou Ferrigno. He was always big, but he never cycled a cutting/bulking routine. He was just always cut. Granted his work on Hulk probably owed more to this than any concious decision. But still, if it worked for him why is it neccesarry to put our bodies through the yo-yo diet thing all the time? Apparantly it's bad for us, so why do it?
    Controlled Labs • Orange Triad | Oximega | Glycergrow

Allmax • Taurine | Creatine Mono | Beta Alanine

Primaforce • Agmatine | Cit. Mal. | COP | ALCAR

image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's NOT necessary, and too many people think it is.
    Truth is, the "cutting/bulking" cycle is something pro BBs follow. I don't think I need to mention the type of genetics and drugs these guys use. They are in a completely different league, and cutting/bulking is, IMO, not a training/nutrition method I think people should be using.
    Eat clean, do your cardio, train right...you'll gain the muscle and not the fat.

Message Board King best regards's Avatar
    best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) best regards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont think cutting and bulking is a part of your training routine like what you think. but you do look better without fat and you tend to get a little when eating excess calories and carbs. so you can cut like before a contest or during the summer or something and look a little better but no, you dont have to in terms of just wanting to gain muscle.
    Goal of June football camp = 400lb squat

Farwell, my friends. I'll be back some day. Just need to get my head screwed on straight.

"Thank you O God for saving the earth from the asteroid.... the one you just sent"

JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500)
    True. Cutting and bulking is strictly for competitors in my opinion. Only competitors should do cutting/bulking cycles. These are the guys you see in the streets and you know they are bodybuilders. They cut for a contest, then bulk afterwards to get a bit bigger for the next contest. Teens bulking/cutting is a waste of time. They bulk up to gain some mass then want to cut so the girls can see their abs in the summer, yet they are still scrawny as hell. Lou took the best approach, which I suggest all teens do before they start bulking/cutting. Basically you lift and eat until you get big, and you walk down the street and people ask you if you are a bodybuilder, then you cut and walk around with a six pack while still being a big dude. Like DC says, pay your dues now, get big and strong first, then get lean.

By the way, I am not saying get fat. I am just saying eat clean, and lift hard and heavy and the muscle will come. If you gain a bit of fat, don't flip out and start a cutting phase.
    Last edited by JustinMarquez; 05-30-2006 at 10:36 AM.

Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    IMO cutting is pointless except for comps. Otherwise, just clean bulk full time, and if your bf gets too outta check, throw some cardio into your routine.
    I used to be 135 pounds, give me a break.

Reps to:
    LilScrapper
    The Unleashed
    Carpe_Diem
    All_Swoled_Up
    Master.D.

Boredom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boredom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boredom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boredom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boredom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boredom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boredom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boredom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boredom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boredom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boredom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by image101
    It's NOT necessary, and too many people think it is.
    Truth is, the "cutting/bulking" cycle is something pro BBs follow. I don't think I need to mention the type of genetics and drugs these guys use. They are in a completely different league, and cutting/bulking is, IMO, not a training/nutrition method I think people should be using.
    Eat clean, do your cardio, train right...you'll gain the muscle and not the fat.
    ^^^