Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation The truth about Arnold- everyone read

First off let me say Arnolds physique is incredible- something 99.9% of the population could only wish for- BUT in comparison with Pro Bodybuilders today he would not even crack the top 5 at the olympia now, to tell you the truth I doubt he would crack the top 10.
    Now I am not just saying this to piss of you Arnold haters, listen to my logic.
    First off, the 80 Olympia was a joke. The 1980 Arnold is by far the worst looking Mr. Olympia EVER! That is not even up for debate. The only reason he won was because of his name, and we all know that. Now, on Arnolds other Olympias, yes he looked great, and I am sure he deserved many of those. But I think Arnold gets way to much credit because of his NAME not his PHYSIQUE. Please people, when we judge bodybuilders, lets judge them on their bodies, not the movies they were in or the states they ran.
    Now, lets put Arnold in todays game. Take Arnold in his prime and throw him in present day Olympia. He didnt have half the muscle guys like Ronnie, Jay, Markus, Victor, Gunter, Branch, Gustavo, Dennis, or any of those guys had. Then, if we look at the next level, he was never EVER anywhere near the conditioning or had the cuts of a guy like Darrem, Melvin, or any of those guys had.
    Sure Arnold had great arms and a great chest, but those are show muscles. Arnold cared more about getting girls and looking nice on the beach then he did being a great bodybuilder. Everyone knows that legs and back win shows. Look at Arnolds legs. They look like twigs with not cuts. Ronnie and Jay have more muscle in their calfs then Arnold has in his whole legs. And look at his back. A guy like Ronnie or Victor would knock Arnold off the stage if they hit a lat spread next to him.
    Now what really gets me mad is all the guys who never won an Olympia who are 100x the bodybuilder Arnold will ever be. The first names that come to mind (in order) are:
    Flex Wheeler
    Kevin Levrone
    Shawn Ray
    Jay Cutler (he def. still has a shot though)
    Chris Cormier (in his prime he was def. one of the best ever)
    Nasser El Sonbaty
    So go ahead Arnold Lovers. I am expecting a full blown explosion of hatred here, but remember if you are going to defend Arnold (which you def have the right to) defend him on the basis of his BODYBUILDING (not what he did for bodybuilding, bodybuilding with regards to his physique), not anything else he did.
    GO AHEAD. LET IT BEGIN.

WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you shouldn't compare todays Mr olympia with the 80's Olympia contest. Back in those days the most important thing was some mass, symmetry and a cut. Nowaday mr olympia is mostly about huge, ungodly mass .
    at least that's what I believe.

arnold at 1980 - http://www.legendaryfitness.com/as1980MrO2.jpg
    Last edited by WhiteEagle; 05-29-2006 at 07:03 PM.
    Let me show you the power of the polish eagle...

Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Epihall has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    uhh ok

liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50) liftin4life85 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ok, lets throw out the mass monsters like ronnie, jay, gunter, etc. Lets just look at some of the smaller guys with great cuts and great lines in the past few olympias. Melvin, Levrone, Darrem, Ray, Cormier, even throw in new guys like Phil Heath. These guys are all as you describe 80s bodybuilders. Some mass, but more cuts and definition. All those guys make Arnold look like a novice. I mean lets be honest. In his rookie year, Phil Heath already looks a million times better top to bottom the Arnold ever even did in his prime.

mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.genetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    does the term science mean anything to you? arnold popped d bol(or something to that measure) phil heath, melvin etc.. all take 30 times the stuff arnold took. hgh, IGF, steroids, fat burners, have better knowledge of diet and contest prep all thanks to arnold and his era. dont go knocking the fathers of the sport man. im not saying arnold had the best physique at the time. i personally though serge nubret was better but thats just my opinion. never the less the science had dramatically changed.
    live for the burn,
    mr.genetics

bigabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What your saying is true, but you need to remember supplementation, roids, growth hormone has alot to do with the mass monsters of today. I'm sure if Arnold was on the amount of supps and gear that these monsters are on, he would be right up there.

think about it.

WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WhiteEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    umm, ok, I think this is futile... Phil Heath vs Arnold....
    oh, they both aren't natural, yet the medicine is more advanced today. and Phil Heath doesn't have some mass, he has a lot of mass. Plus, when arnie trained, he mostly did it by the basics and no fancy training like today. Because of that he was overtraining all the time.
    And really, don't compare http://www.phillipheath.com/images/gallery/bg6.jpg with http://www.legendaryfitness.com/as1980MrO2.jpg

just my 2c
    P.S. I would suggest that in the future you shouldn't make a topic like: The truth about Arnold- everyone read, you don't know the truth (because you were born in 1980 and in no way did you visit the olympia that year ) and the everyone read part is just...
    Let me show you the power of the polish eagle...

Kilburn is not very well liked. (-100) Kilburn is not very well liked. (-100) Kilburn is not very well liked. (-100) Kilburn is not very well liked. (-100) Kilburn is not very well liked. (-100) Kilburn is not very well liked. (-100) Kilburn is not very well liked. (-100) Kilburn is not very well liked. (-100) Kilburn is not very well liked. (-100) Kilburn is not very well liked. (-100) Kilburn is not very well liked. (-100)
    You are a moron who's just trying to stir up an arguement, fine i'll bite and disect your moronic post.

First off let me say Arnolds physique is incredible- something 99.9% of the population could only wish for- BUT in comparison with Pro Bodybuilders today he would not even crack the top 5 at the olympia now, to tell you the truth I doubt he would crack the top 10.
    ya, great, who cares, different times, different drugs, what is your point? id take arnolds physic over theirs in a heartbeat anyways.

The 1980 Arnold is by far the worst looking Mr. Olympia EVER! That is not even up for debate. The only reason he won was because of his name, and we all know that.
    no, it is up for debate you pompous dickhead, he looked good and deserved the 1980 olympia. he might not have looked as good as his earlier years but his competition was sub par anyways. Arnold at 80% could still pull out on top.

But I think Arnold gets way to much credit because of his NAME not his PHYSIQUE. Please people, when we judge bodybuilders, lets judge them on their bodies, not the movies they were in or the states they ran.
    Now, lets put Arnold in todays game. Take Arnold in his prime and throw him in present day Olympia. He didnt have half the muscle guys like Ronnie, Jay, Markus, Victor, Gunter, Branch, Gustavo, Dennis, or any of those guys had. Then, if we look at the next level, he was never EVER anywhere near the conditioning or had the cuts of a guy like Darrem, Melvin, or any of those guys had.
    okay, whatever, no point in compairing with the HGH monsters of today, again, who cares.

Sure Arnold had great arms and a great chest, but those are show muscles. Arnold cared more about getting girls and looking nice on the beach then he did being a great bodybuilder. Everyone knows that legs and back win shows. Look at Arnolds legs. They look like twigs with not cuts.
    give me a break, arnold had great everything. his lats werent as good as francos but they were decent enough. his traps were massive, had "fingers all over them". His legs were big and had awesome seperation and deep, deep cuts which is more than i can say for ronnie's ugly blobs. Again, his legs werent his best body part but they were still very good. If you look at a comparison between arnold and lou ferrigno from pumping iron, arnold's legs absolute destroy lou's.

you just got owned. dont insult the man's legs.

Ronnie and Jay have more muscle in their calfs then Arnold has in his whole legs. And look at his back. A guy like Ronnie or Victor would knock Arnold off the stage if they hit a lat spread next to him.
    another retarded totally off based statment. arnold's calves were MUCH better than ronnies or jay. in fact i'd go so far as to say they are the best of all time, or atleast in the top 2 or 3. i would kill to have calves like his, simply awesome.

owned again.

Now what really gets me mad is all the guys who never won an Olympia who are 100x the bodybuilder Arnold will ever be. The first names that come to mind (in order) are:
    Flex Wheeler
    Kevin Levrone
    Shawn Ray
    Nasser El Sonbaty
    So go ahead Arnold Lovers. I am expecting a full blown explosion of hatred here, but remember if you are going to defend Arnold (which you def have the right to) defend him on the basis of his BODYBUILDING (not what he did for bodybuilding, bodybuilding with regards to his physique), not anything else he did.
    GO AHEAD. LET IT BEGIN.
    ya, okay, 100x times better? right... i really like flex's body but arnold is still one the greats, it is really too close to compair and they competed in different times.

in conclusion, arnold's physic is the pinacle of perfection and he deserved every bodybuilding title he ever won, case closed. PERIOD.

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by liftin4life85
    Now I am not just saying this to piss of you Arnold haters, listen to my logic.
    First off, the 80 Olympia was a joke. The 1980 Arnold is by far the worst looking Mr. Olympia EVER! That is not even up for debate. The only reason he won was because of his name, and we all know that. Now, on Arnolds other Olympias, yes he looked great, and I am sure he deserved many of those. But I think Arnold gets way to much credit because of his NAME not his PHYSIQUE. Please people, when we judge bodybuilders, lets judge them on their bodies, not the movies they were in or the states they ran.
    Sure Arnold had great arms and a great chest, but those are show muscles. Arnold cared more about getting girls and looking nice on the beach then he did being a great bodybuilder. Everyone knows that legs and back win shows. Look at Arnolds legs. They look like twigs with not cuts. Ronnie and Jay have more muscle in their calfs then Arnold has in his whole legs. And look at his back. A guy like Ronnie or Victor would knock Arnold off the stage if they hit a lat spread next to him.
    Flex Wheeler
    Kevin Levrone
    Shawn Ray
    Nasser El Sonbaty
    GO AHEAD. LET IT BEGIN.
    tl;dr
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

Location: Laughing it up in the squat cage until closing time while you stare at me with hate.
    Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Kilburn
    His legs were big and had awesome seperation and deep, deep cuts which is more than i can say for ronnie's ugly blobs.
    LOL! Arnie's legs look like chicken legs compared to Ronnie's.

JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah dude, I'm with ya! And Marius would OWN Kazmier!!! No diggity!

It's not only pointless to compare bbers of different era's, but it's a rather dumb argument. Of course pro's today are going to have larger muscles and wider lat spreads! It's because of the same reason that world records are always being broken, because athletes train to beat the best! It's a continual cycle of improvement in all sports.
    Meet PRs @220
    Squat: 675, (8-22-2008)
    Bench: 455, (8-22-2008)
    Deadlift: 611, (3-29-2008)
    Total: 1735, (8-22-2008)

scottallen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scottallen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scottallen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scottallen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scottallen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scottallen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scottallen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scottallen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scottallen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scottallen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scottallen has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy its to bad your 26 and still a dumb -ss.

i mean i think you are... to think that weak ass attempt at dissing arnold would be enough! well for one its ok if you dont like him bro. i mean its obvious you dont. but did ya have to try and dis-credit him as a bodybuilder? since you know you made a stupid point of comparing 2006 with 1976 we will not go there. but do this, for all of us who respect arnolds body. go watch pumping iron and tell me you would not KILL TO LOOK LIKE THAT. ronnie is bigger yes! hell yes! but...DING DONG! ARNOLD HAS A WAY BETTER BODY. and thats what were all after is'nt it? the best body we can build. but oh well. i was dumb when i was 26 too. really atacking the king of bodybuilding is just plain stupid. ok now go ahead and tell us lee haney was a small little _itch. history you must have slept through, tinkerbell....
    Last edited by scottallen; 05-29-2006 at 08:52 PM.

Kansas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kansas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kansas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kansas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kansas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kansas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kansas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kansas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kansas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kansas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kansas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't think anybody would argue that if Arnold was onstage with Ronnie, Jay, etc. today, he wouldn't do very well if he brought the package he brought in his prime.

The only thing is, if Arnold was competing with today's competition, and he was, say, 30 years old or so, he wouldn't look like he did 30 years ago. Times change, and if to compete in bodybuilding today means adding as much mass as possible, I completely believe Arnold would still be at the top of the game challenging today's best.

What makes Arnold so great (arguably the best ever) isn't so much the way he looked, but how hard he worked and how dedicated he was to the sport. Sure supplements, and knowledge of muscle growth and the whole science behind it is greater today then back then. Arnold had, and still has, that drive to be the best at anything he does. I believe that true fans of the sport, those who understand where the sport has came from understand this.

Not to mention, he looked pretty damn good anyway.

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yea after reading Arnolds book talking of his feelings from a young teenager goign to the gym down the street to him becomign Mr Europe he had arguably the greatest drive to win.

Arnolds chest still rivals todays pros with him being able to sit a cup of water on it when flexed. His striations and seperation of upper and lower as well as his side chest posign size was unreal. He also had fairly long muscle bellies in most areas and still held great peak in his biceps. He had an overall large structure that im sure could hold even more mass if he had the desire and substances available today.

Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lets just say this ****ing loser is right, and all these guys are "SO much better" that Arnold...(which they are not), arnold started all this homie, if it wasn't for him there would be no gut bellied ronnie, roid rage craig titus, no, sorry. (we won't even go into new drugs and how arnies genetics are superior to every BBer today)

Another thing, Arnold came from another country, dominated bbing, then dominated action flicks, learned a new language, AND is the governor of probably one of the greatest states in the US.

WTF have any other bodybuilder of today done? Not fuggin SQUAT!!! Hey, what have YOU accomplished? Oh...wait...ZIP! So kiss off.

Stop hating you hysterical biotch!

Owned.
    Started:
    Height-5'.9 1/2"
    Weight-165
    Body fat%-16

Forum Register:
    Height-5'.9 1/2"
    Weight-182
    Bodyfat %-11

Currently:
    Height:Same
    Weight:189
    Bodyfat%:Same

Arnold is the Man

i want to lift elephants Chunk Tiger's Avatar
    Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Arnold helped the sport and believed in it when there weren't that many that knew even what it was, especially outside of the US.

His solid determination and belief that he would be on top is something to be admired, as few people posess that in any endevour.

The sport progresses and new advancements have been made. I think we should be thanking him for helping bring the sport to what it is today. Sure, he is not the sole one that did it, but he sure did help a lot.

Like many of us that strive to be something great and everything, he did it and did not give up one bit and pushed the limits.

Sure, I am a newbie to lifting and fitness in general, but I believe comparing the past to the present on the same coin is foolish. It is like comparing Jimi Hendrix to modern guitarists, sure there are many better, yet at the time he was a master in his craft and an inspiration to many... many that today had him as their idol when learning to play. Arnold is the same.

He set goals to be the best, he has won each of them in Bodybuilding, Movie Actor, and Politician. I think we all could learn a thing or two from him.
    Rippetoe Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1033961

tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Stop winging and respect someone elses opinion for once guys? Im sure people come here to DISCUSS bodybuilding, not bitch because you have a different opinion to someone else.

I really dont think anyone from the 80's olympia would cut it today, if you look at Boyer and some of the others from 1980, they look like just a really good amature, they were awesome for the day, but the sport has evolved, so have the drugs.

Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ayudha has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Gee thanks for telling us poor dopes "the truth"...would never had known that the sport had advanced in the last thirty odd years or so....completely escaped me...Hey whilst were at it why dont we just bag on Ali... DiMaggio...owens...Pele....and all the other sporting greats who simply couldn't compete at a modern level.....but whilst your at it just give a thought to what these people achieved without the benifits of todays advances.......

Pumping1ron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pumping1ron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pumping1ron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pumping1ron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pumping1ron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pumping1ron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking hahaha...I love threads like this.

it is so funny to watch people get pi$$ed off.lol...
    I wish I would have found this earlier, so I could post something in Arnold
    s defense...but everything has already been said.

But what I have to say is. Arnold is the "king of kings". And liftin4life85, you just f#ck%d up bro. You simply dont diss the god of bodybuilding on a bodybuilding site. Thats just plain idiotic.

peace...
    Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body...So Go Hard Or Go Home...

SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SolarPanelThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If Arnold were competing today at 60 something years old, he'd blow everyone off stage. He's just too busy on his quest to be king of the world to bother with bodybuilding right now. Three hundred years from now, when bodybuilders have figured out how to remove the myostatin gene from their bodies and have 40 inch arms, people will still be talking about how great Arnold is, because Arnold will still be alive. Arnold will live forever and ever. He will be gracing the cover of fitness magazines for eternity. AH-NOLD ! AH-NOLD ! AH-NOLD ! HEIL AH-NOLD !
    Attached Images

tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    He still has big looking biceps.

youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10) youknowryan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Kilburn
    You are a moron who's just trying to stir up an arguement, fine i'll bite and disect your moronic post.

ya, great, who cares, different times, different drugs, what is your point? id take arnolds physic over theirs in a heartbeat anyways.

no, it is up for debate you pompous dickhead, he looked good and deserved the 1980 olympia. he might not have looked as good as his earlier years but his competition was sub par anyways. Arnold at 80% could still pull out on top.

okay, whatever, no point in compairing with the HGH monsters of today, again, who cares.

give me a break, arnold had great everything. his lats werent as good as francos but they were decent enough. his traps were massive, had "fingers all over them". His legs were big and had awesome seperation and deep, deep cuts which is more than i can say for ronnie's ugly blobs. Again, his legs werent his best body part but they were still very good. If you look at a comparison between arnold and lou ferrigno from pumping iron, arnold's legs absolute destroy lou's.

you just got owned. dont insult the man's legs.

another retarded totally off based statment. arnold's calves were MUCH better than ronnies or jay. in fact i'd go so far as to say they are the best of all time, or atleast in the top 2 or 3. i would kill to have calves like his, simply awesome.

owned again.

ya, okay, 100x times better? right... i really like flex's body but arnold is still one the greats, it is really too close to compair and they competed in different times.

in conclusion, arnold's physic is the pinacle of perfection and he deserved every bodybuilding title he ever won, case closed. PERIOD.
    nice; i repped you.

the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by WhiteEagle
    you shouldn't compare todays Mr olympia with the 80's Olympia contest. Back in those days the most important thing was some mass, symmetry and a cut. Nowaday mr olympia is mostly about huge, ungodly mass .
    at least that's what I believe.

arnold at 1980 - http://www.legendaryfitness.com/as1980MrO2.jpg
    agree its evolution, how can you compare a 70s olympia to a 2006 olympia?

BlackMountain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlackMountain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlackMountain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlackMountain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlackMountain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlackMountain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlackMountain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlackMountain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlackMountain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlackMountain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BlackMountain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    He got his name BECAUSE of his physique, u rat****.

Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vinex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is the dumbest thread ive ever ever seen in my life. Truth about arnold? WTF would you know about truth. Comparing bodybuilders in different eras is the stupidest idea ive ever seen. NEG reps to u...
    Arnold was way ahead of his time, and is by fay the greatest bodybuilder ever.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Eric Heiden is the greatest Olympic athlete of all time- winning the equivalent of the 100m dash, 200, 400, mile and marathon and I doubt his 1980 times would have earned him a medal in the last winter olympics.

Eat, Drink and be Merry.. jayvee's Avatar
    jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Vinex
    This is the dumbest thread ive ever ever seen in my life. Truth about arnold? WTF would you know about truth. Comparing bodybuilders in different eras is the stupidest idea ive ever seen. NEG reps to u...
    Arnold was way ahead of his time, and is by fay the greatest bodybuilder ever.
    while i think its tough to compare something that well never know, as times are differrent, this claim as arnold being by far the greatest bodybuilder ever always interests me. why is that? did he have the best body - in my opinion no, id prefer to look like kevin levrone or shawn ray, but this is always going to be something open to debate due to its subjective nature. so what else? most olympia wins? two men in lee haney and ronnie coleman have that claim. in what he did outside of bodybuilding? good on him for doing well, but thats really got nothing to do with his physique merits - he got his name out there but the sport of bodybuilding is still small and far from mainstream to this day. i respect him as one of the mr olympias and having a good physique for his time, and becoming well known, but im still not sure how that equates to him being the greatest bodybuilder ever, in a sport of subjectivity..

Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SolarPanelThrower
    If Arnold were competing today at 60 something years old, he'd blow everyone off stage. He's just too busy on his quest to be king of the world to bother with bodybuilding right now. Three hundred years from now, when bodybuilders have figured out how to remove the myostatin gene from their bodies and have 40 inch arms, people will still be talking about how great Arnold is, because Arnold will still be alive. Arnold will live forever and ever. He will be gracing the cover of fitness magazines for eternity. AH-NOLD ! AH-NOLD ! AH-NOLD ! HEIL AH-NOLD !

http://i2.tinypic.com/116rlt2.jpg
    1 Stripe Blue Belt, Gracie Barra BJJ (Reps to BJJ/MMA brahs)

Reps to USMC and other military members, Semper Fi

"If the bar ain't bendin' you're just pretendin."

NeedPaintoGain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude you are talking about two totally different time periods where two totally different types of physiques were wanted...

If you want to talk about older physiques to compare with mass guys of today I got two words VIC RICHARDS.....He would give anyone of the mass monsters today a run for their money and his prime was years ago

I think many think arnold is the best becuase his Body type seems a little more attainable for the average person to get.....I mean not everyone is going to get his arms or chest or anything, BUT IT SEEMS MORE LIKELY THAN ATTAINING A BODY LIKE RONNIE'S!

Not to dis Ronnie, hes a freak and he stands out all on his own, but lets face it, you admire what can be realistically achieved.....Ronnie's body will not be achieved by 99.99% of the population, so while we look in awe, we dont want it as much because we know its not really achievable

Arnolds is a bit more believable that anyone can get at least closer to looking like that body type (even though its still unlikely) but its something that can be desired and somewhat realistic, so we throw our interest more into it.....Yes it is logical to think he wins things based on his name, I mean look what he did for the sport....You have to honor that, but I do believe he worked his ass off for what he got and that is the real reason he won in 1980
    Last edited by NeedPaintoGain; 05-30-2006 at 05:58 AM.

AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJames is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    GO AHEAD. LET IT BEGIN.
    What a tosser.