Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

immense GROWTH with Direct Compensation Training

Hi there all,

I will try again on this training method, and this is all "my" writings.

I have been on a cruise, yes lucky me, but there was a great gym on board and did not miss a workout, anything much been happening here ???

I would like to submit a part of a nearly full years training to the group, before this I did H.I.T. training with outstanding results, at first working out three times per week full body workouts, then slowly reducing how many I trained each bodypart, reducing sets, exersices, resting for a full ten days every four to six months, but still specializing on each bodypart every three months, then when I reached a size and strength I was happy with for a person of my genetic capability’s, I stayed on a maintenance program.

However for a year now, I have been following John Casler’s Direct Compensation Training, with outstanding results, in size and strength, and what makes it all the results far better, is that I am a advanced trainee, of 45, and fully natural, and the fact that on a isolation movement, there is not so much room for improvement.

The immediate below is my interpretation of John’s Direct Compensation Training.

For the fist few session the first set was not taken to failure, then it was, the second, third and forth were always to full failure. If your younger I think you could do this training once every for days, but I worked each bodypart one time per week on a split, and on the triceps exersices added 1 to 1.5 each week to each set, when the desired reps were made, 53 pounds was added, and for all the years I have trained, and for a isolation exercise, I find that very satisfying, physically and mentally, and as you will see, the progress has not stopped, but stepped up, but there are draw backs, the program is the most brutal I have done, it’s that first set, after that the fun starts.

1/2 rep speed,

Hypertrophy,
    Set 1, 30 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 2, add 25% 15 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 3 add 15% 10 reps, set 4, 10 to 20 reps, you drop down weight to your first or second sets weights, and do a full stop at the top and bottom to take advantage of Good recognition of the role of stretch in sarcolemma (cell membrane of a muscle fiber or muscle cell. The membrane is designed to receive and conduct stimuli.) Disruption.

Strength,
    Set 1, 20 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 2, add 25% 15 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 3 add 15% 10 reps, set 4, which is 5 reps, drop down weight to your second sets weights, and do a full stop at the top and bottom to take advantage of Good recognition of the role of stretch in sarcolemma (cell membrane of a muscle fiber or muscle cell. The membrane is designed to receive and conduct stimuli.) Disruption.

30, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 15, 10, 10,
    28, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 15, 8, 10,
    30, 15, 11, 10,
    32, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 16, 10, 10,
    33, 18, 15, 10,
    27, 16, 11, 10,
    28, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 13, 11, 10,
    24, 15, 10, 10,
    27, 15, 10, 10,
    28, 12, 8, 10,
    30, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 14, 8, 10,
    25, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 12, 10, 10
    24, 15, 7, 10,
    25, 12, 7, 10,
    26, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 14, 10, 9,
    29, 15, 10, 10
    Here I rested for 10 days and decided to add more weigh and lower the first set To 20,
    20, 12, 8, 10,
    21, 14, 10, 11,
    21, 14, 6, 12,
    20, 15, 8, 12,
    20, 13, 8, 12,
    20, 11, 10, 10,
    20, 12, 8, 10,
    18, 15, 9, 11,
    21, 15, 7, 10,
    20, 13, 10, 10,
    20, 13, 9, 9,
    20, 15, 9, 10,
    20, 11, 10, 10,
    20, 12, 7, 10,
    17, 13, 7, 10

After about 9 to10 months of Direct Compensation Training, with just about full progress, my last set, the 17th was very hard, thought I was only going to get 14, so I though it’s time for a change in exercise, I decided to change from a more isolation exercise

{I am a big fan of isolation exersices, and have not finished with that topic, in my opinion they are far superior for hypertrophy then compounds, why some may ask, there are many reasons, but one is that on a compound exersices you are relying on leverage, from two limbs working together, more than you think, and that means the muscles are not doing a lot of the work, and from the bones, one easy way to prove this, take the triceps pressdowns, using the rope, go to full failure, now without stopping, butt your hands together, you will find you can get another five reps, as you have now gone from a single joint exercise to a compound exercise}

The pulley triceps extension, to a slightly less isolation exersices, the triceps pressdown, which uses more of the stabilises, and you can use more weight.

Used the same weight (except first set) that I was using on the Pulley triceps extension, on the triceps pressdown, here Are the great results,

30, 16, 13, 15,
    30, 15, 13, 11,
    30, 16, 13, 11,
    30, 15, 13, 10,
    31, 15, 13, 10,
    31, 15, 13, 11,

I quote John Casler, in brackets {The Mental, Metabolic, and Motor limits are explored with this type of training and "each" can create, its own limiting factor. To reach Maximum Potential, one must be prepared to recognize the stimulus needed for the goal (load/volume/time wise) and develop each of those limiting factors to allow maximum, or high percentage results.}

The great thing on this program is I reached the weight (far more Now) I was using at the start of the program, for 10 reps, for now 30 Reps; Wow can't believe that. I have similar results with the Direct Compensation Training on, leg Extension, leg curls, leg press, alternate Leg press and leg extension/leg curls each three to four days, machine lateral Raise, and Finnish off with one set shoulder press, machine curls, Or EZ curls, calf raise, nautilus pullover, Finnish off with one set Pulldowns or rows, wrist curl, reverse curl, shrugs and dead lifts, the dead lifts were dropped.

Wayne

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you posted this gibberish already. why did you delete the other thread, wayne?

Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This thread is interestingly confusing.

waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) waynelucky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Dan_Grr
    This thread is interestingly confusing.
    Why is/are you confused Dan_Grr ???

Wayne

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    because it's gibberish you schmuck. You have a horrible command of the english language. I understand it is not your primary language, but unless you cut and paste the same garbage over and over again, which you stole from JC (and which you PM'ed me directly for God knows what reason), you make no sense.

what you wrote makes no sense. JC's Direct Compensation Training is probably a darn good training program, but you do it a disservice, which is WHY HE TOLD YOU TO STOP

yet you continue, and have the nerve to neg-rep me?

please, someone neg rep waynelucky for me, my reputation needs recharged since I spend my time giving positive reps to people

Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan_Grr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have you trained this way Wayne? Are you a hardgainer, a "normal" gainer? I would like to see the progress you had on this, if you've been doing it the way you're saying that is.

Originally Posted by Dan_Grr
    Have you trained this way Wayne? Are you a hardgainer, a "normal" gainer? I would like to see the progress you had on this, if you've been doing it the way you're saying that is.
    Yes I have trained this way, for just about a year now.

I put my progress above for my triceps.

As soon as you start this program, you know it's something special.

What would you like to know about the program, as I am not that good at explaining.

Wayne

Then maybe you can post a pic of yourself, showing your triceps and your whole body?

irishfireman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

WAYNE, u might want to post up the routine itself.the thread is confusing.read the thread on ws4bb, and that as an example of how to post a thread.the routine is probably a good routine, just explain it better.congrats on your results.

I'd like to know why anyone would choose the triceps pressdown as their shining example of progress

O.o

Originally Posted by irishfireman
    WAYNE, u might want to post up the routine itself.the thread is confusing.read the thread on ws4bb, and that as an example of how to post a thread.the routine is probably a good routine, just explain it better.congrats on your results.
    1/2 rep speed,

Hypertrophy,
    Set 1, 30 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 2, add 25% 15 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 3 add 15% 10 reps, set 4, 10 to 20 reps, you drop down weight to your first or second sets weights, and do a full stop at the top and bottom to take advantage of Good recognition of the role of stretch in sarcolemma (cell membrane of a muscle fiber or muscle cell. The membrane is designed to receive and conduct stimuli.) Disruption.

Strength,
    Set 1, 20 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 2, add 25% 15 reps, rest 5 minutes, set 3 add 15% 10 reps, set 4, which is 5 reps, drop down weight to your second sets weights, and do a full stop at the top and bottom to take advantage of Good recognition of the role of stretch in sarcolemma (cell membrane of a muscle fiber or muscle cell. The membrane is designed to receive and conduct stimuli.) Disruption.

Wayne

Originally Posted by kethnaab
    I'd like to know why anyone would choose the triceps pressdown as their shining example of progress

O.o
    I could have used any one of my exersices of bodyparts, however I just chose this one, as the triceps is a muscle like any other muscle, and it is my favourite bodypart to train.

Wayne

what does the whole routine look like.

Birdsong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Birdsong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Birdsong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Birdsong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Birdsong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

size gains

Wayne,

It sounds like you gained a lot of strength on the new routine.How much new muscle did you build ? I know a moron (DB) who got stronger using super-slow but he actually lost muscle mass while getting stronger.

Is DCT good for size gains ?

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by waynelucky
    Why is/are you confused Dan_Grr ???

Wayne
    because what you said is so confusing
    I mean what starting weight would you use?
    in terms of % of 1RM?
    and what kind of workout frequency is supposed to be used?
    you just have a bunch of numbers with commas...

Hi all,

I would first like too say I have been training for about 33 years and am 45, I think that should be taken into account, as you know size and strength gains are far slower after years of training. But and was reasonably happy with the results, I would describe my body as athletic with a bit of bulk, I am an average to hard gainer.

Then at about April 04 I started to change my diet about, started to add more calories very slowly, and doing four different types of modified HIT routines, alternating each one every four months.

At about eleven months after this March 05, I had put on about 14 pounds, and bodyfat was about the same as I started, but for an advanced trainer and then of the age 43, being up 14 pounds was great, then I started to add more calories slowly, but the bodyfat was going up, so I reduced the calories, and went on maintenance training.

Then at about July 05 I started the Bio Force workouts, John calls it; Direct Compensation Training, training each bodypart one time per week. For the new people reading this, the training is mostly for advanced trainers that have plagued with the one set to failure, but it could be used on a beginner.

You do not really have to take the first set to failure, but I took all other sets to full failure, and do not always do the last set on some exersices.

1/2 rep speed,

Hypertrophy,

Strength,

Here are the exersices I did the program on;
    Legs were worked twice per week, leg press and leg extension, leg curl,
    Back, nautilus pullover, and sometimes finished off with pulldowns or rows,
    Shoulders, nautilus lateral raise, finished off with shoulder press,
    Biceps, multi biceps or EZ bar curls,
    Triceps, Pulley extensions,
    Forearms, wrist curl and reverse curl,
    Traps, shrugs,
    Calf’s, calf raise,

I have the last six weeks dropped the leg press and started squats.

John Casler wrote;
    Strength gains have been almost unbelievable, it’s like a computer program I think John has developed a program that has shown me a way to go into deeper into the remaining strength and size potential if one is committed to going there, as this training is brutal with a capital “B” it works so damn well, it is as simple as pushing keys on a calculator, with the exception that pushing the keys sends you rivers of intense pain. But in a mathematical sense, this program if followed exactly, will add numbers to your personal rep maxs each workout and for months at a time. In fact, if you’re not too old, you might achieve your best lifts and be in the best shape of your life, but a cake walk it is not. If you aren't serious enough to commit to 3-6 months of Rep Maximum training, most who give up, do so because of lack of commitment, not lack of results. Without commitment, results will not occur. Sorry, didn't mean to get carried away, but the "mental drive" takes over just thinking about it. You must be motivated, or an advanced program like this is of little use. It will chew you up, and spit you out like a pack of used Juicy Fruit. And I might add, don't get the idea that you are "back in the day" when you first started training and gained 20# on your bench each month. Ain't happenin'.
    Ok from July 05 to August 06 weight has gone up 18 pounds, too me with being an advanced lifter and just gained 14 pounds on a high calorie died, the results are almost unbelievable, and I am so over the moon, and the size and strength gains have not at all stopped, and now I have just stated the squats again !!!.

Wayne

Strength gaines;
    Here is my progress on the pulley triceps extension.

30, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 15, 10, 10,
    28, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 15, 8, 10,
    30, 15, 11, 10,
    32, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 16, 10, 10,
    33, 18, 15, 10,
    27, 16, 11, 10,
    28, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 13, 11, 10,
    24, 15, 10, 10,
    27, 15, 10, 10,
    28, 12, 8, 10,
    30, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 14, 8, 10,
    25, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 12, 10, 10
    24, 15, 7, 10,
    25, 12, 7, 10,
    26, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 14, 10, 9,
    29, 15, 10, 10
    Here I rested for 10 days and decided to add more weigh and lower the first set To 20,
    20, 12, 8, 10,
    21, 14, 10, 11,
    21, 14, 6, 12,
    20, 15, 8, 12,
    20, 13, 8, 12,
    20, 11, 10, 10,
    20, 12, 8, 10,
    18, 15, 9, 11,
    21, 15, 7, 10,
    20, 13, 10, 10,
    20, 13, 9, 9,
    20, 15, 9, 10,
    20, 11, 10, 10,
    20, 12, 7, 10,
    17, 13, 7, 10

After about 9 to10 months of Direct Compensation Training, with just about full progress, my last set, the 17th was very hard, thought I was only going to get 14, so I though it’s time for a change in exercise, I decided to change from a more isolation exercise (I am a big fan of isolation exersices, in my opinion they are far superior for hypertrophy then compounds, why some may ask, there are many reasons, but one is that on a compound exersices you are relying on leverage, from two limbs working together, more than you think, and that means the muscles are not doing a lot of the work, and from the bones, one easy way to prove this, take the triceps pressdowns, using the rope, go to full failure, now without stopping, butt your hands together, you will find you can get another five reps, as you have now gone from a single joint exercise to a compound exercise) the pulley triceps extension, to the a slightly less isolation exersices, the triceps pressdown, which uses more of the stabilises, and you can use more weight.

Used the same weight (except first set) that I was using on the Pulley triceps extension, on the triceps pressdown, here Are the great results,

30, 16, 13, 15,
    30, 15, 13, 11,
    30, 16, 13, 11,
    30, 15, 13, 10,
    31, 15, 13, 10,
    31, 15, 13, 11,
    30, 16, 13, 10,
    30, 15, 13, 10,
    30, 15, 13, 10,
    30, 15, 13, 10,
    30, 15, 11, 10,
    33, 13, 11,
    30, 15, 11, 10,
    30, 15, 11, 10,
    30, 14, 11, 10,
    30, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 15, 11, 10,
    30, 15, 10, 10,
    30, 15, 11, 9,

I have had similar results on all of the exersices I have done this program on.

I quote John Casler

{For Muscular Hypertrophy, you need to focus on two primary areas:

1) stressing the muscle fiber structure itself to stimulate the maximum fiber
    recruitment and size.

2) Stress the Metabolic Support System (mitochondria, circulatory structures,
    etc)

To address these areas you need attempt to do the following:

1) create significant moment of MMMT. That is Momentary Maximum Muscle
    Tension. This will stimulate the fibers to develop maximal thickness and
    structure

2) Perform reps and sets to stimulate the Metabolic Support System.

Set One = This set acts as a warm up, and maximally stresses the musculature and all the support systems as a warm up. Which is needed to achieve maximum metabolic, structural, and CNS efficiency. Pump after the first set is pretty incredible.

Set Two = This is a maximal effort set, and the last two reps are "dead stops". While this is generally a difficult set, failure is not always the goal. If I am in a "progress" phase, I only look for a rep or couple pound increase every session.

Set Three = this set is to failure but the overload rep or weight goal is more important. Each rep is attacked with the intension of moving the weight as fast as possible. Intensity is at the level that I have to sit at the end for a few seconds and regain orientation. It is a violent, intense effort and the first two sets are staging to prepare for it. There would be NO WAY to get here in a single set.

Set Four = do a full stop at the top and bottom to take advantage of Good recognition of the role of stretch in sarcolemma (cell membrane of a muscle fiber or muscle cell. The membrane is designed to receive and conduct stimuli.) Disruption.

The Mental, Metabolic, and Motor limits are explored with this type of training and "each" can create, its own limiting factor. To reach Maximum Potential, one must be prepared to recognize the stimulus needed for the goal (load/volume/time wise) and develop each of those limiting factors to allow maximum, or high percentage results.
    The great thing on this program is I reached the weight (far more Now) I was using at the start of the program, for 10 reps, for now 30 Reps; Wow can't believe that. I have similar results with the Direct Compensation Training on, leg Extension, leg curls, leg press, alternate Leg press and leg extension/leg curls each three to four days, machine lateral Raise, and Finnish off with one set shoulder press, machine curls, Or EZ curls, calf raise, nautilus pullover, Finnish off with one set Pulldowns or rows, wrist curl, reverse curl, shrugs and dead lifts, the dead lifts were dropped.

As you can see, I far rather isolation exersices then compounds, I find they do not stress and put more tension on the targeted muscles, and we get better results in size and strength, in the exersices in question, and do not hardly tax the CNS, as doing some of the compound movements like squat, deadlift, rows, curls and some others, put far too much stress on the small muscles of the lower back, and in turn it is far overworked, thus overworking the CNS and brining in a state of fatigue and sticking points, but if your training for the squat, shoulder press, bench, then you will have do these exersices, my opinion is not a substitute for doing these lifts.

Wayne

blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blood_lust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    post a pic wayne let us see your progress it's easy to type things in the internet saying you have increased your strength and gained size. pls show a proof

hey man i am not saying your program sucks. Well i could say it is intresting. I just want to see if it really works.

Originally Posted by blood_lust
    post a pic wayne let us see your progress it's easy to type things in the internet saying you have increased your strength and gained size. pls show a proof

hey man i am not saying your program sucks. Well i could say it is intresting. I just want to see if it really works.
    I know what you are saying blood_lust, But I am the shy type, sorry there, I never show my body off, don't even sunbath, or go swimming to public pools, that is to embarrassing to me, however I do have complements when I go out for a beer or meal, and that is with just a polo shirt, t shirt or dress shirt on.

But if you try this program, it will honestly get you you’re your dream.

Wayne
    Last edited by waynelucky; 08-19-2006 at 05:26 PM.

Birdsong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Birdsong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Birdsong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Birdsong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Birdsong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shy Wayne

Originally Posted by waynelucky
    I know what you are saying blood_lust, But I am the shy type, sorry there, I never show my body off, don't even sunbath, or go swimming to public pools, that is to embarrassing to me, however I do have complements when I go out for a beer or meal, and that is with just a polo shirt on.

But if you try this program, it will honestly get you you’re your dream.

Wayne
    Maybe you should wear pants too when you go out if you are shy, or maybe you really like the compliments !

When you list the number of reps for your strength gains it is meaningless without the actual poundages, otherwise it proves nothing.What were your starting weights ? How much are you lifting now ?

I admit I am very interested in the program.John is an impressive athlete.You are not backing up your claims very well. I expected more proof.

Sorry

Originally Posted by Birdsong

When you list the number of reps for your strength gains it is meaningless without the actual poundages, otherwise it proves nothing.What were your starting weights ? How much are you lifting now ?

I admit I am very interested in the program.John is an impressive athlete.You are not backing up your claims very well. I expected more proof.

Sorry
    Birdsong, I see you’re interested, I urge you to try the program, hey why not try it on one body part and see how it goes, you best pick your favourite exersices, as this is the hardest training I have ever done, and that is the only problem with it, most will not stick at it to see the rewards.

By the way, how do you know John is an impressive athlete ??? As your new here and I did not post a photo on this thread, and you’re the same age as John, no I think John is 57, do you know John, or are you John, as why would you say he was an impressive athlete, when I never mentioned that he does train for athletics, which he actually does and bodybuilding.

With the triceps routine I listed above I added 1 to 1.5 pounds per week, and in the pulley triceps extension I added 42 pounds to it in 41 weeks, and that was roughly to all sets. I had similar results with all the other bodyparts, with the shoulders and back I added 1.5 pounds per week, and for legs 1 .5 to 2 pounds per week, and as I said, I reached the weight (far more Now) I was using at the start of the program, for 10 reps, for now 30 Reps; Wow can't believe that.

Here are some of John’s strength gains, and his writings,

Originally Posted by John Casler

I mean I applied taking each set (usually 3-4) to failure. Now to be sure, this was "ONLY" over two main exercises per workout and I only worked that part directly 1-2 times a week and no more.

For example if it was arm day, I would usually warm up with 135 x 15 then 205 x 15, then 225 x 5 in the CGBP (close grip bench press). I would super set this with standing E-Z Barbell curls with 105 x 15, then 135 x 15 then
    155 x 15.

Well I decided to make all the sets "to failure" and things changed.
    I started with 135 x 30, 205 x 15, 235 x 10 on the close grip bench super set with then 105 x 30, 135 x 15, 155 x 10 in the E-Z Curl

Hey for some "old guy" (over 50) those were pretty respectable, and you
    could see I wasn't "slakin"

After around 6 months of this (give or take) I ended up:

235 x 30, 275 x 15, 325 x 5 in the CGBP and 165 x 30, 205 x 15, and 265 x 6 in the E-Z Curl

Most every workout I would also do a final set of each where I would "drop" down and do a set of "very strict" stop at the top, and stop at the bottom and pause reps.

315 x 5 CGBP (dead stopping each rep on my chest)
    205 x 10 EZ curls (dead stopping each rep at the bottom)

Wayne
    Last edited by waynelucky; 08-20-2006 at 05:14 PM.

Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dalamara has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Looks like Direct Compensation Training hired a third world marketing rep.

Originally Posted by Dalamara
    Looks like Direct Compensation Training hired a third world marketing rep.
    John does have his own web site, but I have nothing to to do with it, and I had little argument with john, and not sure he's still talking to me, I sent him a full apology, but I am not sure if he has received it. And lucky for me I need no extra money; actually I give it away,
    I am pushing this training because I know how productive it is for size and strength, nothing compeers to it, when I first tried this program it was on the second set that I knew I was doing something veer special, after the first set, I added more weight, waited 5 minutes and curled the bar, I could not believe how light it felt, the first set is the hard one, after that the fun starts. By the way the program has not got to be 30/15/10 or 20/15/5 it could be 12/8/5

Yes my Grammar is bad, is that what you meant.

Wayne

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dude we asked you to clarrify and you wrote the same thing again

duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs down

oh man, not again.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kane Fan
    dude we asked you to clarrify and you wrote the same thing again
    This is what he does... Read the stickied failure thread and see how he just copy/pastes the same thing as a response to everything.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

Originally Posted by Kane Fan
    dude we asked you to clarify and you wrote the same thing again
    Hi there,

Clarify what ??? I put every thing down on how to do the program, it's as plan as the nose on your face, please state exactly what you want to know.

Why I put the sameish thing down each time, is because there are lots of new people coming here time and time again, and you will find that there are a lot here who are a bit feed up with the same old things being said about the 5 x 5 program, over and over again, but we do not complain, but will soon, so please stop being sarcastic, as birdsong is new here and was interested.

Wayne

answers

Wayne,

I am a sprinter in Masters Track and Field. I have done very well and I have talked to John a little. I emailed him once or twice long ago.

I used to talk to you a lot on another forum years ago before I got kicked off for telling the truth . Back then you argued that I was overtraining by doing four to six sets per bodypart.You were a believer in only one set back then. How did John convince you to increase your sets ?

I believe that having a goal for each set and keeping a journal is extremely important.Small gains each week add up through the years if you are disciplined and patient.

Good Luck

i,m interested as well.could u maybe write down an example of aweek routine would look like.i think that what kane fane is suggesting.(like me)

Originally Posted by Birdsong
    Wayne,
    I am a sprinter in Masters Track and Field. I have done very well and I have talked to John a little. I emailed him once or twice long ago.
    I used to talk to you a lot on another forum years ago before I got kicked off for telling the truth . Back then you argued that I was overtraining by doing four to six sets per bodypart.You were a believer in only one set back then. How did John convince you to increase your sets ?
    I believe that having a goal for each set and keeping a journal is extremely important.Small gains each week add up through the years if you are disciplined and patient.
    Good Luck
    Hi Birdsong,

What was your name on the other forum ??? I will get back to you tomorrow night, as I am going out tonoight.

Originally Posted by irishfireman
    i,m interested as well.could u maybe write down an example of aweek routine would look like.i think that what kane fane is suggesting.(like me)
    Ok I will write something down.

Wayne