gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Keto vs love handles

I've been on keto for 7 weeks now doing my cutting cycle, I started out at 205 lbs. Now I am 185 lbs, I know I lost fat but I just feel something's strange..

Although my arms/chest look more defined, my midsection and love handles aren't budging! I work out 3 days a week and add 3 days of cardio in between.
    After 15 lbs of weight loss I would expect my love handles to at least shrink a little.

So I started looking at some after/before pics of people who did a CKD, they all seem to have lost weight but still had the same shape as before, keeping their love handles.. Is this to be expected with keto or will they one day go away?

Thanks.

bstein03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They should go away. For most people this is a problematic area and is one of the last places where fat is reduced. As long as you are still seeing progress with minimal fat loss, keep on going.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think it varies from person to person, and you are probably more aware of love handles so you keep noticing them. I want to get the extra fat off my bum and thighs!
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have noticed that I am losing fat from everywhere but my stomach and chest. Im sure they will come off eventually. But they are slow coming.

codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10) codynann is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have noticed that I am losing fat from everywhere but my stomach and chest. Im sure they will come off eventually. But they are slow coming.

gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How much weight did you lose so far? Eileen is right, the most stubborn fat is in the love handles for men.

i dunno ive lost like 8 pounds of keto not counting the first week, the love handles arnt a problem for me its my stomach and my chest that are hardest for me. i dont have gyno just stubborn fat on there.

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you guys ever read Milos Sarcev's work/theory on the effects of different hormones on fat storage?

According to his theory, CKD should be pretty perfect for love handles as they are generally insulin induced. Have you tried sticking to mainly lower GI carbs on your carb ups?

Originally Posted by chimponarope
    Have you guys ever read Milos Sarcev's work/theory on the effects of different hormones on fat storage?

According to his theory, CKD should be pretty perfect for love handles as they are generally insulin induced. Have you tried sticking to mainly lower GI carbs on your carb ups?
    No ive never heard of it, i dont have a problem with love handles, just top layer of fat over my 6 pack and fat on my chest that doesnt seem to budge.

Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It depends on the person. For myself, the face is the first to go and the love handles are the last.
    *****/*****
    Obsession with nutrition starts here.

Originally Posted by Man2kx
    For myself, the face is the first to go
    Ahhhhh, you lost your face?!

Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gabster21
    Ahhhhh, you lost your face?!
    Haha, you know what I mean
    *****/*****
    Obsession with nutrition starts here.

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by codynann
    No ive never heard of it, i dont have a problem with love handles, just top layer of fat over my 6 pack and fat on my chest that doesnt seem to budge.
    It'll come off with time from there.

The Clap is not very well liked. (-100) The Clap is not very well liked. (-100) The Clap is not very well liked. (-100) The Clap is not very well liked. (-100) The Clap is not very well liked. (-100) The Clap is not very well liked. (-100) The Clap is not very well liked. (-100) The Clap is not very well liked. (-100) The Clap is not very well liked. (-100) The Clap is not very well liked. (-100) The Clap is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yeah, I used to wonder the same thing. But then I tried other diets too. I have just learned that as long as there is any other fat on my body the midsection and the chest hold on to the fat for dear life.

...at least when it gets down to the last 4% of bf I want to lose. When I was at about 18% bf the stomach fat melted off. Now at about 12% it doesn't want to move. My arms keep geting more vascular, and my legs are looking more defined, but the stubborn fat takes time.
    Sorry to be a grammar nazi, but: You're means "You are." Y-o-u-r means your. As in your hand, your head etc.

"Then" refers to a place in time. E.g. "I went to the store, THEN I went home." It is not used for comparison.

"Than" is the one used to compare two things. E.g. I would rather eat beef THAN chicken.