C-Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Competition Day - things to pack? food?

I am getting ready for a competition in 15 days. Ive gotten some good advice on essential things to put in my bag the day of the show. Ill list them here, but Id also like to know what I should be munching on that day, at what times, and in what quantities? So for all of those with experience please feel free to add to this list:

- Competition Suits
    - Assorted Tanning Products
    - (Old Dark Colored) Towel
    - CD w/ music
    - (Dark Colored) Sweat pants & Sweat jacket
    - Camera
    - Resistance Bands
    - Cosmetic products & toiletries
    - Cooler (for food and drinks ...)

caligrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Competition Day - things to pack? food?

In addition to the items you have listed, I’ll like to mention some more items; the list for every eventuality would be endless, so I’ve focused on the important items I see as a minimum to bring.

Bikini Bite, a must!
    Vaseline, to put on your teeth to prevent’em drying out during the endless smiling
    Razor, in case something was left when you did your thorough hair removal
    Rubber gloves for use when working with tanning products
    Posing oil/gel
    Small sewing kit, just in case something happens to one of your suits
    Work out shoes, your feet will probably scream for comfy shoes after the show. Some girls bring slippers to wear backstage, but I prefer wearing the heels some time before entering the stage so my feet get used to the height. When practicing your high heel walk/posing, remember that you’ll be wearing them for a while.
    Food, you’re starving after the show!
    Extra pair of heels, if possible
    PM me if any questions,
    Maria
    Last edited by caligrl; 05-27-2006 at 10:23 AM.

shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shelliw1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great Thread!!!

caligrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And, I forgot to mention, bring the most important items in your carry on luggage if you're going by plane, just in case your luggage gets lost. You can buy new clothes and stuff, but not posing suits and so on.
    Also, make your competition day meals ready and pack them in a small cooler so they'll keep fresh. For instance, if you bring chicken, cut it in small pieces you can put straight in your mouth, or else you can mess up your painted lips!
    Bring nail glue/repair kit, incase you break a nail backstage, be careful when pumping up.

figuregirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I support all that’s said here, but will add a couple of items;
    Your *********, bracelet (also ankle!), navel ring, ear rings and hair adornments.
    Rubber bands for pumping up backstage. Then you don’t have to fight your way to the work out equipment.
    A disposable camera.
    Glue for rhinestones, sequins, etc, and a couple extra rhinestones in case something happen in the transportation process.
    Last edited by figuregirl; 05-29-2006 at 08:15 AM.

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Safety pins. Someone is always needing one back stage. Plus, it's a good idea to have your straps already threaded with a safety pin for easy threading if they come out. You'll be stressed, and it's a little thing that makes life easier.

C-Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah! In addition to safety pins I was told to bring my own scissors - to cut straps in case there's only one pair back stage!

NIVEA lotion was recommended as well - to achieve a oil-free glow on top of the Protan. (its a good moisturizer but quite pricey - so I may look for an alternative)

SaraBed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by C-Fit View Post
    Yeah! In addition to safety pins I was told to bring my own scissors - to cut straps in case there's only one pair back stage!

NIVEA lotion was recommended as well - to achieve a oil-free glow on top of the Protan. (its a good moisturizer but quite pricey - so I may look for an alternative)
    Great reminders!! Thanks!

I'm also interested in what people are eating throughout show day? I have competed before but this time I am doing it on my own so i could use some ideas. My previous coach had me dieting like a bodybuilder and I ended up too lean so I am trying to take a different approach. Any suggestions for before and after the prejudging?
    Today is another chance to live your dreams!

KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000) KRAZA00 is just really nice. (+1000)
    great info

contest710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is an excellent providence. It really makes a good point out of it.
    Thanks,

transformation started... aussieangie's Avatar
    aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what foods are recommended to take with you?
    Angie....
    "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer" - Arnold
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)
    POINTS TO REMEMBER - If you can't kill it, grow it, or pick it, you probably shouldn't be eating it!!!

kmurgatroyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would add a full length mirror. If you're traveling, hit a walmart and spend the $10...it'll come in handy as some shows don't provide many full length mirrors :-)
    Excuses are over. It's time to live!
    ~ Kimberly

http://www.JetSetLife.tv

firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Toothbrush and paste...this is usually the first thing I do any lotions or whatever you are using to highlight your muslces (some use a small amt of oil, others use PAM, but I always just used some body butter with a little sprakle to it, depends on category and federation).....extra suits if you can, all your hair things...and FYI, if you are doing hair and makeup yourself, do it BEFORE the show, as most shows have more girls than space.

Food, be careful hun, you don't want to end up sick. I usually eat my diet food through the day - NO SODIUM. And will have raisins etc while pumping up. This is not the day to introduce different foods. Some girls have rice cakes(plain, no sodium) with peanut butter backstage for their treat, but wait until you have pre-judging and get to the evening....drink water in sips as needed for digestion, or swirl around and spit out....some drink that day, I don't but this is individual. Bring your food in plastic baggie, I am a big supporter of reusing, so I prefer glass conatiners, but sometimes you haven't the room to pack it all.

Pack your jewlery with your competitor number in a small ziploc...all suits should also be packed sperately in ziplocs (to avoid spills etc)....I even pack tanning lotion seperately and double bag it.....bring baby wipes too, for those times when you are sure to need it....have a silk robe if you can for backstage to keep the chill out....and comfy clothes -- DARK that are loose, no lines

I am sure I am missing a zillion things!
    Joleen Axworthy
    www.twitter.com/joleenaxworthy
    StarChem Labs Athlete
    4SportLife Athlete
    Professional Fitness Model/Personal Trainer
    Ms. Bikini Canada 2007
    FAME Fitness Model Pro
    WBFF Model and Figure Pro

alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alemus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What to eat BEFORE pre-judgging??

I am 6 weeks out from bikini comp day, I love this thread and all the things listed I have already written them down, but what do I eat before pre-judding? as in what do I eat when I wake up in the morning and start getting ready?? HELP!