ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Can't go heavy on deads or squats, help with routine..

I've been lifting for about 2.5 years and my results have tapered off considerably doing 1-2 bodyparts a day with lots of rest (like most bbs I've seen), here is my current routine:

day 1: chest/abs
    day 2: off
    day 3: shoulders/tris
    day 4: back/bis
    day 5: legs
    repeat

Unfortunately I've hurt my lower back so I'm no longer able to go heavy on deads/squats/ or rows. I never really got results from going heavy on those exercises anyways. While trying to bulk I've put on quite a bit of fat as well, so I'm looking to change my routine for a month or so. I'm thinking of doing an upper/lower body split, while supersetting hack squats with squats. I hope to do this:

day 1: upper (pullups, curls, military press, bench, dips)
    day 2: lower (hack squat superset with light squats, legpress, leg ext, leg curls)
    day 3: rest/cardio
    repeat.

Any suggestions? Anyone want to help me build a routine for the next month?

ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ghostfacedup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    oh I forgot to mention I'm 6-1 186 at about 15% bf.

and also, my goal is to put on about 5-6 lbs of muscle while minimizing fat gain, I've got my diet in order.

abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What kind of back injury?

Originally Posted by abar
    What kind of back injury?
    lower back. It doesnt really effect me throughout the day, just if I tried to go super heavy on legpress or something. I hurt it doing partial deads on the squat rack about 3 months ago, I don't think it'll ever be the same so I'd rather not mess with deads, they didn't do anything for me anyways.

LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LSU1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you need to include some type of heavy row into your upper day. other than that it looks fine for the most part.

also if you are including squats and hacks, i would eliminate leg press and leg extensions and only keep leg curls. the reason for this is that hacks use more quads and not as much hamstring involvement, so using leg curls would help balance that out.

for an even better routine i would add sldl in the place of the leg curls.
    Best Raw USAPL Competition Lifts
    S - 415
    B - 315
    D - 540
    Total - 1245

Training Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153130001&p=1052251991#post1052251991

Half Norse, Half Animal VikingMan's Avatar
    VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000) VikingMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LSU1
    you need to include some type of heavy row into your upper day. other than that it looks fine for the most part.

also if you are including squats and hacks, i would eliminate leg press and leg extensions and only keep leg curls. the reason for this is that hacks use more quads and not as much hamstring involvement, so using leg curls would help balance that out.

for an even better routine i would add sldl in the place of the leg curls.
    Agree. On your upper day, you've got 3 pressing movements, and only 1 pulling movement.

I would toss one of the presses, add a pull, then ad a rotation to the whole thing. Something like this.

Upper A
    Flat Bench (alternate between BB & DB)
    Pullup (Add weight eventually)
    Military (DB & BB & Standing BB alternating)
    Pendlay Row

Upper B
    Dips (Add weight eventually)
    Chins (Add weight eventually)
    Incline (alternate between BB & DB)
    Yates Row

Also, I would alternate between heavy and light between your upper A & B.

Week 1
    Heavy Upper A
    Light Upper B

Week 2
    Heavy Upper B
    Light Upper A

Repeat

Or something along those lines.
    How does one destroy darkness? The answer dawned upon my mind, blinding in it's brilliance. To destroy darkness, one must simply expose it to the light.

abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50) abar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sucks about your back. I really messed mine up also. It's actually embarrasing how I did it. I was warming up to a heavy snatch single. Long story short, I wasn't respecting the weight since it was pretty light, set up and start the first pull and I just felt my back snap. Layed me up for a few weeks, I didn't think I would ever be the same, but rehab goes a long way.

PTWarr18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I never really hurt my back or anything but I just hate doing deadlift and squats.... I have no problem with any other routines but I just feel akward doing these two, have tried to replace squats with the Walk of Doom... and deadlift with Back Extensions w/weight... I'm sure these don't work as well, but thats just what I'm doing...
    Currently: 5'9'' 172 lbs. ???%BF

Using: ON 100% Whey, Prolab Glutamine, GNC's Megaman Sport, Higher Power Chromium Picolinate, Universal Fish Oils

yeah heavy deadlifts and squats just arent for me, my body frame is just too lanky for those exercises, even though I know they work.

Thanks alot for the advice guys, I'm excited to try something new for the next month. Hopefully I can put on some quality mass without all this added fat.