Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dan666 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How Many Sets!!!!!!

Ok so I know how many reps per set I should do per muscle 8-10 with the eception of abs where its 20 straight. BUT HOW MANY GOD DAM SETS!!! Example: for biceps I do preacher curls and curls while standing. Thats two different excersises! I hear that ou should do 3 SETS A DAY PER MUSCLE. WEll why if you do seperate excersises for that one muscle? I am almost 14, and I dont know how many sets PER muscle i should do each day. I weigh 90 pounds (it might sound skinny but i started to eat, and im gaining 10 pounds every 2 weeks) I just started.

Can anyone give me like a schedule? Example: Biceps-2 sets per excersise

Please answer this question most importantly. I hear that people do like 4 sets and 10 reps for the WHOLE day for biceps. That sounds like very little excersise. Thats only 40 reps. Is it ok? or too little like i thought?

Also I want to avoid overtraining my muscle, and to get the maximum work out of that muscle for maximum muscle gain. I do each muscle ONCE a week with the exception of compound excersises.

Crossing the Rubicon Serpens Aeon's Avatar
    Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Best training advice you'll receive today, I guarantee! And it's free to boot!

Go read about training theory; the works must include the words: frequency, volume, load, and periodization. Additionally, citations are very valuable towards indicating whether or not the text is valid and reputable. And no, muscle magazines are not scholarly sources.

Scour the Internet (preferably libraries) for articles and books by folks such as Mark Rippetoe, Lon Kilgore, Glenn Pendlay, Dave Tate, Louie Simmons, Vladimir Zatsiorsky, Mel C. Siff, Tudor Bompa, and any names they may mention. Remember to mine bibliographies for further information.

On this forum, Keethnab, VikingMan, RipStone, Andrew.Cook, Ironaddict, all_pro, Madcow2 are people whose words you should pay close attention to. This is not a comprehensive list, but generally speaking, if posters are articulate and reasonably precise in communicating what they would intend to then they are usually intelligent and are probably data mines, so follow their posts (with the exception being HIT gurus because I just don’t like them). Be courteous and keep PMs to a minimum as I'm willing to bet my make believe farm that 99.8% of the time, your question has already been answered. Make the effort to search in an unobtrusive manner.

Once you have gone through enough information to have an idea of how the training theory model works (and can use the above mentioned terms properly), then it is the time to ask questions, because at this point you know enough so that in your questions we all may learn something in trying to answer it. Not that I made it, but I should hope that this forum was intended to be reciprocal.

If a beginner lifter, please specifically seek out the text: “Starting Strength” by Mark Rippetoe. It can be purchased at www.startingstrength.com or www.amazon.com

As the saying by some guy I don’t know goes: “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.”

Now go learn and become a better human.
    "Glory, as anyone knows, is bitter stuff."
    -- Yukio Mishima

"[T]here is no inner man, man is in the world, and only in the world does he know himself."
    -- Maurice Merleau-Ponty

kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    lol at riptoes routine for him

You need to do mentzer hit. They bash mentzer hit because of jealousy. Mentzer taught me this years ago and no, not just because he said it either

Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kingfish3

You need to do mentzer hit. They bash mentzer hit because of jealousy. Mentzer taught me this years ago and no, not just because he said it either
    wow.... talk about all-out pomposity..!!!

Dan666, take Serpens Aeon's advice...

best of luck

Andalite

Crossing the Rubicon Serpens Aeon's Avatar
    Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kingfish3

I hear there's new data supporting that it was in fact Mike Mentzer Pontius Pilate had crucified, and not Jesus. Mentzer died for our weight training sins.
    "Glory, as anyone knows, is bitter stuff."
    -- Yukio Mishima

"[T]here is no inner man, man is in the world, and only in the world does he know himself."
    -- Maurice Merleau-Ponty

Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Andalite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Serpens Aeon
    I hear there's new data supporting that it was in fact Mike Mentzer Pontius Pilate had crucified, and not Jesus. Mentzer died for our weight training sins.
    ha ha.... LMFAO..!!!!

cheers Serpens Aeon

Andalite

USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im not gonna lie I did try hit a year ago......not the greatest.....i will never do it again and want to beat the s*** out the guy that talked me into trying it.

Originally Posted by USMARINE8152
    im not gonna lie I did try hit a year ago......not the greatest.....i will never do it again and want to beat the s*** out the guy that talked me into trying it.
    i love your honesty

you get *REPS*

Andalite

USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well i did try it and i did give it a good solid try but i think hit is not for me and i will say that the past month of working at golds gym i have talked with lots of folks, alot of people have tried hit here but no one seems to stay with it im temped to give the push/pull a try. i am guilty of using split routines....