Closed Thread
    JGreen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Came across monster weight gainer

I was looking at different weight gaining supplements and I came across this crazy product. I had always thought that Super Heavyweight Gainer by Champion Nutrition was the highest in Carbs, Protein and Calories but it doesent even compare to what i found. Twinlab Gainers Fuel 2500 (in only 3 scoops) has 485 g of Carbs, 50 Grams of Protein, 2140 Calories and only 1 gram of fat!!!!!
    Can anyone give reason or explain this or maybe even an opinion would be called for.
    Peace.

dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Gainers suck

Why do you say that!!

dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    All those high GI carbs are good for creating fat and lowering insulin sensitivity.

You are much better off eating real food or creating your own gainer with:

protein powder
    flax seed oil
    milk
    flax meal or oatmeal

It'll be much better for you and probably cheaper

No way!!

Thanks bud, i didnt even know that was possible, i know nothing of flax seed oil etc. I just know i need a lot of calories and carbs to put meat on my bones. You wouldnt know where i could get a decent lets say recipe for that kind of **** do you?

you can try for starters:

16oz skim milk
    2 scoops protein powder (try to get a whey caesin blend)
    2 tablespoons flax seed oil

If you need more calories add some ground oatmeal. Nuts are also a great food to eat to get extra calories while bulking. All of the fat in them is the healthy kind

Also, do a search on weight gainer and John Benz: i think he posted a recipe a while back too.

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: Came across monster weight gainer

Originally posted by JGreen
    I was looking at different weight gaining supplements and I came across this crazy product. I had always thought that Super Heavyweight Gainer by Champion Nutrition was the highest in Carbs, Protein and Calories but it doesent even compare to what i found. Twinlab Gainers Fuel 2500 (in only 3 scoops) has 485 g of Carbs, 50 Grams of Protein, 2140 Calories and only 1 gram of fat!!!!!
    Can anyone give reason or explain this or maybe even an opinion would be called for.
    Peace.
    485 Grams of carbs to 50 grams of protein!

Jesus Ass. If that there didn't make you diabetic.....

And the fact it only has 3 scoops instead of 4 or 5 just means their scoop size is bigger. N-large uses something like 40 gram scoop. Yours would be around 3 times the size of that.

It would probably have on;ly 4 servings in the entire tub.

And before just listening to what everyone says and make your own, you should learn why to make your own, why not to buy a gainer, and when you should use it.

Do a whole lot of searching on this board, and try to learn everything you can about diet(if you need some meat on your bones) training, and LASTLY supplements.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

eatSleepTrain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

WEIGHT GAINNERRRRRRRRRRRRRS GRRRRR!

dude, before you slam a product, which I don't blame you, make sure is it really "Slam worthy" first :P

Ok, take it from my personal experience.

I started training in 1999, wanted to do this, like all of the bigger predecessor (Dorian YATES and Lee PRIEST.. etc) .. tehm ****ing quads are off the hook. Anyhow.

I was eating like LITERALY, 6 meals a day. DO NOT ASK ME HOW I DO IT. But for me to eat 4 MOTHER FUXKING SOLID meals, that is insane.

At that time my drive was high, so I dont' have those "ok, may be I can slack off ****s mentality" whatsoever. So I ate and ate. Dude... listen, the last 2 meal took me over 3 hours to finish.

By the time I was doing eating one meal, it's almost time for the next one. LMFAO. I know, I wasn't thinking hard enough, NOR have the experience that I accumlated throughout the 2.5 yrs of serious training.

I discovered. BILLY BOY'S Myoplex. Yea, ok. I was sold on an article by his brother. It's about training abs. I began to read his magazines... then I picked up FLEX.. and the rest of BILL's empire can go along side with joe weiders' *ok, he's not that bad. But I just won't buy his stuff anymore.*

CALORIES! I CANNOT GROW WHATSOEVER! And guess WTF did it for me?

TWINLAB'S GAINNERS FUEL 2500, the fat free version of course. It's not fat free, it's sugar free as well. I bet you them jackass at RONKOKOMA, Long Island got their head up each other's acending colon. LMFAO

What I did was mix 1 scoop of the monster. Dude, it came with a freaking laundry detergent scoop. It's FUXKING HUGE!

Later on, I found out the SUPER GAINNERS FUEL was even better. Got more milk and egg protein which I blend in w/ my 50gms of whey.

In my best memory. 1 scoop gave me 100 to 120 gms of carbs, little to no fat *dont' care whatsoever*, and 25 gms of casein/egg *you know the deal about casein no? * That plus 2 scoops of Prolab's whey, that's another 50 grams of whey *a blend of 1/3 isolate and the rest is ion exchange*.

I have that 3 times a day. I mean come on. A weight gainner that has 100 carbs, 85 protein and like no fat *fat and high carb don't mix, you know that too no?* That's unbeatable.

I still rememmber those days, I step on the scale. I weighted 145lb. yes, I know that's nothing to you. But listen. I AM AN ECTO-MESOMORPH. I need to eat to grow. My bodyfat metabolism is off the hook. No B.S man. I started at 125lb. My bodyfat pretty much remained the same, may be it rose a bit. But I was only 18 -> 19 back then. So my metabolism was even higher * I think my metabolism has not changed much. I'm 24 now*

I have changed nothing. NONE! Trainned intensely, yet short and brieft. *overly influenced by DORIAN YATES* Ate lots and sleep plenty. Only calories went up.

It is damn difficult for me at that time to swallow, more like inhale the steak and rice meals i cook prepare for myself.

1.) Muh shake

2.) steak and rice meal

3.) chicken and rice meal *(don't ask me why I have to eat chicken, i wasn't thinking.. yea... what a waste of money)*

--->>GO TRAIN@ JOHNNY LATS!

4.) MUH SHAKE! WOOO HOO! YES!

5.) Arrive @ work. Eat more food. Something like burgers and rice stuff. *hey it's free, so no complain*

6.) getting kinda stuff... but eat anyways. same thing.. burgers and rice again.

7.) leave work and have a double quarter pounder w/ cheese or Fish fillet. I don't care. I need to ****ING EAT!

8.) MUH SHAKE as I get home.. like 1.5 hr to get home from my job.

SLEEPY SLEEPY! Day is done for me.

I lived like that for the last 1/2 yr of my days. Before that? My regimen was pretty much the same. The only difference was that the further I progress with bodybuilding, the more calories I require. And soon I got that understanding of training, high calorie intake and TONS of rest/sleep/massage recovery technique.

I simply grew to 162lb @ 10 % or less bodyfat. I only wish I had took pictures when I was at my best. And yes, by my heart, despite I have now become a 138lb too lean-self. I was and STILL A 5ft 6 person with Quad that get complients everywhere.

Ok. I know I went the "talk about myself" thing. Can't help it was my past and I now missed it very, very much. I stopped trainng for 3 yrs. Long story... but nevertheless.

WEIGHT GAINNERS WORK! But use it in a way that applies to you. Hey, it did for me.

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Re: Came across monster weight gainer

Originally posted by JGreen
    Peace.
    The best weight gainer will be the one you make yourself. There is no reason pay for sugar. See:

http://www.brinkzone.com/qanda3.html

Will Brink
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: WEIGHT GAINNERRRRRRRRRRRRRS GRRRRR!

Originally posted by eatSleepTrain
    dude, before you slam a product, which I don't blame you, make sure is it really "Slam worthy" first :P

Ok, take it from my personal experience.

I simply grew to 162lb @ 10 % or less bodyfat. I only wish I had took pictures when I was at my best. And yes, by my heart, despite I have now become a 138lb too lean-self. I was and STILL A 5ft 6 person with Quad that get complients everywhere.

Do you know what type of carbs you were getting.

Do you even know why it worked?
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by dio
    Gainers suck
    you are very wrong!!!
    gainers are a great supp to add body mass.ive always used them and have lots of muscle to show for it.
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

blackpoodle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackpoodle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackpoodle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackpoodle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackpoodle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackpoodle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackpoodle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackpoodle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackpoodle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackpoodle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackpoodle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

WillBrink

I see that you recommend Whey Isolate in the MRP.
    I always thought that a slower digesting protein or a mix was better.
    Why Whey Isolcate and not Egg &/or Milk Isolate/Caseinate etc?
    `If something`s worth doing, it`s worth doing properly.`

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    485 g of Carbs!!!??? That's a whole day's bulking carb total, all in one meal!

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP
    you are very wrong!!!
    gainers are a great supp to add body mass.ive always used them and have lots of muscle to show for it.
    You are both wrong. I will say it again. "gainers" have a place for younger guys with a fast metabolism trying to get some weight on their frame. Real food is best, but some times is almost impossible to eat enough calories to add weight and a few hogh calories deinks between real meals can help. However, the best gainer is the one you make yourself. All you are paying for with the commercial gainers is dirt cheap sugar and even cheaper maltodextrin. Can I be any clearer or should I use hand signals?

Will Brink

www.BrinkZone.com

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Tim
    485 g of Carbs!!!??? That's a whole day's bulking carb total, all in one meal!
    LOL! Exactly!

"Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

:)

Dear all,

the stuff I wrote was true to my heart and represent what I've learned thru MYSELF and experiment it.

The whole idea is that for a person who is an ecto-meso, or if worst, pure ectomorphic.

He or she, if REALLY MADE UP THE MIND TO BE HUGE, that means to be strong, to be strong you must be able to recover.

Calories is one most neglected aspect.

I'm sure of our knowledge here knows that a hyper-calorie intake is extremely essential. IT IS THE FOUNDATION of training, without it, you will simply go nowhere.

Yes, I know there are genetic freaks out there who can eat like 2gms of protein a day and train yet grow like hell. I personally know 1 dude. He's from the islands, like barbados... carribean. Not for nothing, those folks out there are freaks! Big, strong ... made just for being a bodybuilder. Umm.. sergio!! :P

Now, not to stray. Rule is simple. If you think you are skinny or REALLY TRYING HARD to put on size. (training intensely yet properly) why would you worry about putting on fat simply because a weight gainner might put fat on you *higher carb, more insulin... more calories then you need... blah*

Simple. It's like a kid saying :" oh, I don't want to go to failure or do force reps/negatives, because the next day I would hurt too much.. "

tell me what you would do to that kid? I would smack the **** out of him, literally. With all seriousness, bodybuilding is a lifelong commitment *I still view it as that way.. but... * You can't simply wanted to go where you want and compromise what it must be done.

Well, if you skip your gainners and you know you need it *just as much you need to do your sets to failure/force rep/negatives/ *

That just to say you are not doing it all out, and therefore you are compromising.

STop compromising NOW, and get your calories in. Yes, gainners are ok. So are Burgers from Wendys. They food is better, I used to work there back in my teen days ate their food and cooked them too. The meat is fresh like from the supermarket. Mc D or BurgerKing? They can kiss muh ass!

Training intensely is just as important as eating intensly. (a high calorie, if not SUPER high calorie diet that is.) If you ever got to worry about your body fat, just remmember the analogy I gave you.

Not eating enough calories B/C you worry about gaining fat and hold water is just the same as the little lazy mofo that shows up in the gym thinking that it will hurt too much the next day, so they resort to do a 12 rep x 2 sets.

no F@CK THAT ****. Go hard or go home. It's rough, but you will just have to deal with it. That is if you wanted this bad enough.

And the dude that asked about the carb type... it's maltodextrin. It's a mid-glycemic index carb. Have one in the morning, one RIGHT after training and one before bed. Make surey you are training intensely. See Mike Menzer or Dorian's mentality. You will understand.

-from my own personal experience

P.S WIll Brink, are you the guy who wrote articles for Muscle Mag international? Or may be I got the mag wrong but you did or still a writer for mags no? If so, that's real cool man. First was Patrick Arnold then it's you.

Anyhow, it's been 3 yrs already and I've learned abit more. A blend of Micellar casein, regular Calcium Casein and CFM whey are the best.

SImply becasue the Micellar JUST DON'T give that kind of digestion time I wanted. Fuxk what VPX said that 7hr shxt. IT's because of the fiber + micellar casein combo. *any gargum in that joint? That Micellean stuff got gargum?? Don't care anyway, I don't use that low calorie crap, too little for me*.

But to find one like that mix is hard, well, not really but I will have to **** my back out to get it. Better of I mix my own.

Currently I'm mixing AR nutrition's Gainners (100 carbs and 50 whey concentrate/isolate... yea a mix whatever.. ) Add a scoop of the micellar casein *30gms or so* into the mix.

MY gut seems to tolerate it fine. But is it the same as my old gainners? NO! I miss it, too bad TWINLAB quit making it. In the way I used it, it was simply the best.

-eatsleeptrain
    Last edited by eatSleepTrain; 12-15-2002 at 09:28 AM.

BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by WillBrink
    You are both wrong. I will say it again. "gainers" have a place for younger guys with a fast metabolism trying to get some weight on their frame. Real food is best, but some times is almost impossible to eat enough calories to add weight and a few hogh calories deinks between real meals can help. However, the best gainer is the one you make yourself. All you are paying for with the commercial gainers is dirt cheap sugar and even cheaper maltodextrin. Can I be any clearer or should I use hand signals?

Will Brink
    you think im wrong haha your a funny guy,
    food is the best yes i agree,but most people cant eat 4000+cal a day.alot of my mass has came from gainers.

food is the best yes i agree,but most people cant eat 4000+cal a day.alot of my mass has came from gainers.
    It might be a good idea to learn to read prior to posting.

www.BrinkZone.com

Will Brink:

Are you the dude who wrote for muscle mag? Or it's just a name?

Originally posted by eatSleepTrain
    Will Brink:

Are you the dude who wrote for muscle mag? Or it's just a name?
    I write for many mags, including MMI. There is of course my site link below you could have checked....

Will

www.BrinkZone.com

Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldn't argue with Will. Besides the fact that he's right in this case, he is one of the most respected nutritionists in bodybuilding today. He's a very smart guy, and he knows his stuff.

As for my personal interjection here. Most people can eat 4000+ calories per day if they eat calorie dense foods. Gainers are calorie dense, but they don't serve any purpose at all except post workout. They are all full of maltodextrin. Sure the supplement manufacturers love to say, it's a complex carb!! Yes, it is a complex carb but once ingested it's broken up into two pieces, one very simple sugar with an absurdly high GI and another sugar, that has a moderate GI. This creates an insulin spike that drives all that extra blood sugar into your fat cells. Good post-workout because your muscles can tolerate more nutrients so less of it will go to your fat cells. Bad during the rest of the day because it turn you into an obese monstrosity.

I think i've made my point.
    // blog: androsForm.com
    // twitter: @androsForm

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence." - Vince Lombardi

Originally posted by Icex999
    I wouldn't argue with Will. Besides the fact that he's right in this case, he is one of the most respected nutritionists in bodybuilding today. He's a very smart guy, and he knows his stuff.

As for my personal interjection here. Most people can eat 4000+ calories per day if they eat calorie dense foods. Gainers are calorie dense, but they don't serve any purpose at all except post workout. They are all full of maltodextrin. Sure the supplement manufacturers love to say, it's a complex carb!! Yes, it is a complex carb but once ingested it's broken up into two pieces, one very simple sugar with an absurdly high GI and another sugar, that has a moderate GI. This creates an insulin spike that drives all that extra blood sugar into your fat cells. Good post-workout because your muscles can tolerate more nutrients so less of it will go to your fat cells. Bad during the rest of the day because it turn you into an obese monstrosity.

I think i've made my point.
    you made no point **** nut, i dont like you calling me obese little ****er.lets see your pics?oh wait you have none,figures.

97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Trade insults through pm. Leave them off the Supps forum.
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

Old enough to raise ya....