Thread: impulse control

rachel~m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rachel~m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

impulse control

most of my bad eating is impulsive. anybody have any good impulse control tactics?

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It may sound easy, but I drink water !
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    SF Jello, tea, SF gum...

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Gum...and think about what your goals are and if eating "blank" will get you there faster. Is it worth it? If it is eat it...but make yourself wait 30 mins....and eat real food (because if you are hungry you will eat good food) and then go from there.
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    All of those comments are good! I also make sure that I eat a very balanced meal every 3hours. Try not to skimp on any macro in the meal. That means make sure that every meal has a healthy balance of carbs/protein/fats (except for pre-postWO when you don't want fat). This stabilises blood sugar and will help you feel less inclined to binge or inpulse eat. If your body is correctly fuelled it won't crave foods. Good luck!

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Uh oh. I've been having my UDOs oil in the morning before working out. Is that bad? I also sometimes put PB in my post shake. Should I stop that?

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Uh oh. I've been having my UDOs oil in the morning before working out. Is that bad? I also sometimes put PB in my post shake. Should I stop that?
    Having fat before your workout is fine as long as you eat it at least 1hr to 2hours before working out. If you are eating, then lifting within 30-45mins you should limit your fat as fat slows down the absorbsion of your food...if you are lifting and have just eaten, you want that energy ASAP.

In your postworkout shake, you really should take out the pb as you want the carbs and the protein in that shake to hit the muscles quick for recovery. After about 1-1.5hrs after your shake, you can then go ahead and have a proper meal with a good balance of carbs/protein/fat so that it stabilises your blood sugar and gives you a good balance of nutrients.

rachel~m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rachel~m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks, guys. lots of good advice! and maybe i'll pinch an inch every time i get the urge to eat something i shouldn't... or just look in the mirror

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When I crave candy/chooclate/insert unhealthy thing here, I usually just grab some carrot sticks or some fat free yogurt with raisins and almonds....and some green tea.

If that doesn't work, then I have what I am craving, but I only take 3 bites...
    I read somewhere that you only really enjoy the first 3 bites and the rest is just mindless eating.

I have to admit though, I have a lot of self control.

MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10)

2 Cents times 2

I just posted some thoughts on this in another room...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...4&postcount=20

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MauiZos
    I just posted some thoughts on this in another room...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...4&postcount=20
    Good 2 cents!

Originally Posted by SexyChic

I have to admit though, I have a lot of self control.
    shutup. lol

UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50) UmmYourFace will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I made a collage of inspiring phrases or stuff about working out and added pictures of Mary Lado. Everytime I almost slip I look at that and think "a moment on my lips but forever on my hips" its not worth it! Nothing tastes as good as fit! As long as your life is balanced, you love what your doing for your healthy, and you allow yourself an occasional indulgence...those impulses can be ignored!
    This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis
    *God Bless our U.S. Troops*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A workout can separate the difference between a bad day and a good day.

girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Frequent meals throughout the day and not skipping any... reduces the impulses and amount of food you binge.
    If I don't eat for over 4 hours, most likely I'll binge on impulse uncontrollably. It's gross.