Thread: Abs everyday

aditto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Abs everyday

Who has some information on where I can get some articles on the advantages/disadvantages of training abs everyday. I want proof to show some of my clients that you shouldn't train abs everyday. Please help!

Registered User muscletrainerdc's Avatar
    muscletrainerdc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Here are some...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne4.htm

http://exercise.about.com/library/weekly/aa072401f.htm

http://www.bullz-eye.com/furci/2002/101301.htm

If your client insists on doing them everyday, do what I do. Tell the client to do crunch movements on one day, then side to side (working the obliques) the next day. That way they'll give there "6 pack" a rest.

Or you can force them to use a medicine ball or weight plate for resistance making their abs so sore they couldn't possibly do crunches the next couple of days. LOL

Good Luck,

Dave
    What a disgrace it is for man to grow old without ever knowing the strength and beauty of which his body is capable. - Socrates

LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    aditto

Just ask them the same question I ask my clients when mine ask if they should do abs every day.

I ask "Would you do your chest everyday? or your biceps? or your Legs, etc....

Of course, they say no and I say "Then why the hell would you train your abs every day!!!!"

Are your abs not a muscle group like the others?

Train them like the others and you will be better off.

And of course mention to them that they can train them till the cows come home, if they are after a slimmer midsection, tell them its all about body fat levels.

Shawn
    http://www.shawnlebrunfitness.com

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've done crunches everyday before
    it didn't seem to hinder me any
    it was just crunches and some twisting crunches
    it seemed to work fine
    would probubly have been a bit different if I had been doing them weighted

JeremyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hitting *any* muscle group everyday is a generally bad idea....

...unless you're doing pussy lifts....

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well a crunch is kinda a pussy lift
    unless you ment pussy as in....um nm

JeremyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Kane Fan
    well a crunch is kinda a pussy lift
    unless you ment pussy as in....um nm
    lol

I do weighted crunches, with like 200+

I consider that a real crunch.....