Closed Thread
    JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50)

The Fruit/Vegetable Juicing Thread

I'm starting this thread because I'm considering buying a juicer, something like the Jack LaLanne juicer, in order to consume more vegetables.

Things to discuss:
    What are some things to keep in mind when juicing?
    What vegetables juice the best?
    What vegetables is it a waste of time to attempt juicing?
    Any important nutrients lost when juicing? (Fiber, but what else?)
    What specific juicers are the most efficient or most cost effective?
    Overall, is juicing veggies a waste of time, or a good way to consume more phytonutrients?

Please don't post things like "Juicing vegetables is stupid" or "I love juicing veggies, I do it all the time". I'm looking for information, so please support your opinions with things of a relevant nature.

Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

I like the general concept of juicing, but I've heard that to actually get enough juice to drink you go through a ton of fruits and veggies. Sure, I like the idea of making my own carrot juice, until I find out it takes about 25 carrots to fill a glass. My guess it that with juicy fruits it may work out better, maybe 5 oranges to a glass or something. Still, that's a lot of $$.

I've never tried it so I may be way off, but that's what I've heard.

I take a few different supps for this general purpose - Veggie Magma, Greens +, or Vital Greens, depending on what's available or on sale. Don't know if it really does much, but I feel healthier taking them.

bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JMillion
    I'm starting this thread because I'm considering buying a juicer, something like the Jack LaLanne juicer, in order to consume more vegetables.

Things to discuss:
    Overall, is juicing veggies a waste of time, or a good way to consume more phytonutrients?

Please don't post things like "Juicing vegetables is stupid" or "I love juicing veggies, I do it all the time". I'm looking for information, so please support your opinions with things of a relevant nature.
    I don't like the idea of consuming your fruits and veggies in juice form. The fiber is the main thing lost but in my opinion the fiber is the most important reason to eat fruits and veggies. They greatly help slow absorbtion of our meals and they aid in proper digestion. Vitamins aren't as important because you get them from your multi anyway. Not to say they aren't great but I believe losing the fiber defeats the main purpose of eating fruits / veggies.

If you take a fiber supplement then sure go ahead. It's obviously much better to drink carrot juice or whatever then is would be to drink soda.

JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMillion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump

nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50) nukLhed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bumping an old thread.

I just bought a Nutri Source juicer and juiced some carrots last night. It took 5 average size carrots to get a full 8 oz. I think this works out to be less then $0.50 a cup. I think that's pretty awesome when you consider the reported health benefits of carrot juice. Anyway, i was wondering if there are any good juice recipes out there? Anybody else juicing vegetables?
    ~ nukLhed ~

- People don't fail, they just stop trying.
    - Commitment, desire, and action have nothing to do with education.

Ransom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ransom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ransom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ransom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ransom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ransom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ransom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ransom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ransom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ransom is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ransom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nukLhed
    bumping an old thread.

I just bought a Nutri Source juicer and juiced some carrots last night. It took 5 average size carrots to get a full 8 oz. I think this works out to be less then $0.50 a cup. I think that's pretty awesome when you consider the reported health benefits of carrot juice. Anyway, i was wondering if there are any good juice recipes out there? Anybody else juicing vegetables?
    The recipe I've been using for years now:

5 Carrots
    1-2 long sticks of Celery
    1 Apple
    2-3 Leafs of Romain Lettuce
    1/2 of Itlain Parsley

My mom made me drink this stuff for years. Now that I live alone, I still drink this everyday. I'm 27 years old, and people sometimes don't believe my age that i'm over 21 years old.

This stuff really makes you look healthy and look very young.

StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Id stick to eating whole fruit, for me id much rather eat an apple then drink the juice. It takes away the fiber and pumps up the sugar for a serving to and is less satifying.
    It aint just how much you lift but how you lift it

BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think carrot juice is really high GI and would spike your insulin a lot(not bad PWO, but anytime else...)

I use to juice(3 carrots, 5 celery sticks, 2 extra large beets, tomatoes, and a bunch of parsley), but it got too time consuming cleaning it up and chopping them into juiceable pieces.

BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by StandTall
    Id stick to eating whole fruit, for me id much rather eat an apple then drink the juice. It takes away the fiber and pumps up the sugar for a serving to and is less satifying.
    I find apple juice(and most fruit juices) sickeningly sweet. I don't even tolerate sweets that well anymore(for example, last night I went to a Mediterranean restaurant and ordered some baklava for desert[which is a very sweet middle eastern pastry in filo dough] and almost couldn't finish it)

It's surprising how much your tastes can change in a couple of years. I use to crave sweets and eat one or two candy bars a day along with soda and fast food and mabey a 64 oz Coca-Cola Slurpee from 7-11 on top of that. Now, the thought of candy makes me want to hurl.

ckroutil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JMillion View Post
    What specific juicers are the most efficient or most cost effective
    I believe fiber is the ONLY nutrient lost. This shouldn't matter because you should be getting enough fiber from eating carbs like oatmeal and brown rice.

The Jack Lallane juicer is good and only costs 100 bucks.

The group of people who need a juicer the most are body builders. Bodybuilders are the only group of people who actually have to worry about having enough space in their stomach to fit more food in. A juicer lets you get all the nutrients you would get from a HUGE salad in liquid form. If you just eat an apple a day then it wouldnt matter, but some of us like to eat HUGE quantities of salad. There's days when i drink so much juice, it would literally take hours to eat and chew if it were in salad form.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ckroutil View Post
    I believe fiber is the ONLY nutrient lost. This shouldn't matter because you should be getting enough fiber from eating carbs like oatmeal and brown rice.

The Jack Lallane juicer is good and only costs 100 bucks.

The group of people who need a juicer the most are body builders. Bodybuilders are the only group of people who actually have to worry about having enough space in their stomach to fit more food in. A juicer lets you get all the nutrients you would get from a HUGE salad in liquid form. If you just eat an apple a day then it wouldnt matter, but some of us like to eat HUGE quantities of salad. There's days when i drink so much juice, it would literally take hours to eat and chew if it were in salad form.
    strong 7 year bump. at least you made that first post count
    never understood why people juice their foods
    I would much rather chew it and enjoy it
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

I enjoying chewing it too, but there's simply not enough time in the day to sit down and chew all the veggies i end up consuming.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I enjoying chewing it too, but there's simply not enough time in the day to sit down and chew all the veggies i end up consuming.
    im sure
    you have enough time to blend them though..hmmmm
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

5 minutes versus 5 hours

5 minutes versus 5 hours
    takes you 5 hours to chew? how slow you chewing
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Beatmania2dx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Registered just to comment on this thread. Juicing is ridiculously quick and simple. It's 10 minutes of prep and cleanup, tops.

The following makes close to 800 mL:

2 bunches of Kale
    2 Beets
    3-4 carrots
    1 cucumber
    1-2 apples

Mix and match. Sometimes I throw in bitter melons and other vegetables you would really not want to eat. Make it in the morning and drink it throughout the entire day. It isn't a question of whether there is enough time during the day because you could obviously eat all that in a large salad. It's more a question of whether you want to eat it, which will affect consumption time. I can down a PBJ sandwich pretty quickly because it tastes fine. It would take me a long time to eat a large salad because I would just poke at it/unethusiastic about eating it. Eating that many vegetables is a pain in the ass to me and again, some vegetables, like the bitter melon, you really wouldn't want to eat by itself.

JWAnderson84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I noticed a lot of people are commenting on how you lose the fiber content by juicing. This is true if you use a juicing machine (ex: Jack LaLane), but you also have the option of putting your fruits and veggies into a traditional blender. Add water to reduce thickness of your drink and blend your vegetables for a nutritious drink without sacrificing the fiber content.

Your staple ingredient should be a leafy green vegetable such as kale. You can literally mix and match what you put in every time you go to the produce section of your grocery. This will allow you to find something you like, and keep the mixing of nutrients different from time to time. You always want to use more vegetables than fruit to keep the sugar content down. I suggest using granny smith apples as they are a great way to mask the taste.

Some of the most common ingredients I use are: Kale, cucumbers, celery, ginger root, carrots, apples, flax seed, etc...

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JWAnderson84 View Post
    I noticed a lot of people are commenting on how you lose the fiber content by juicing. This is true if you use a juicing machine (ex: Jack LaLane), but you also have the option of putting your fruits and veggies into a traditional blender. Add water to reduce thickness of your drink and blend your vegetables for a nutritious drink without sacrificing the fiber content.

Your staple ingredient should be a leafy green vegetable such as kale. You can literally mix and match what you put in every time you go to the produce section of your grocery. This will allow you to find something you like, and keep the mixing of nutrients different from time to time. You always want to use more vegetables than fruit to keep the sugar content down. I suggest using granny smith apples as they are a great way to mask the taste.

Some of the most common ingredients I use are: Kale, cucumbers, celery, ginger root, carrots, apples, flax seed, etc...
    Necro

Octaviankid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Octaviankid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Octaviankid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Octaviankid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Octaviankid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Octaviankid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Octaviankid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Octaviankid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Octaviankid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Octaviankid will become famous soon enough. (+50) Octaviankid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I recently got into juicing and maybe it's coincidence, but I've never had so much energy.

I'm still experimenting with ingredients, but my fav thus far is

1 lemon
    1 mango
    loads of romaine and kale
    bit of ginger
    carrots
    splash of orange juice
    1 beet
    and water to consistency.

I haven't bought a juicer, so I just use a vitamix. I also use cheesecloth to strain if I desire just the juice (especially if its' more vegetable based)

JUICE FTW!

VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50) VerdantSF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One of my friends got some sort of super blender. Forget the brand, but instead of juicing, it just pulverizes whole fruits and veggies into a smoothie. When he told me about it, I expected it to still be fibrous and and chunky, but the consistency was more like a thick juice.

really? this garbage got bumped again?
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JWAnderson84 View Post

2006 called. They want their thread back.

DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeshaunWatson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just started juicing, juice brahs. feel great crew. 9.5 year old bump
    -Ethering Kings Founder & CEO
    -MAGA since day 1 crew
    -G43x crew
    -PureBlood Crew #DeltaSurvivor

*****HayZues Christi is a poor liberal LMAO*****

shook Trump's hand and never washing it again crew

ibraheemabuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) ibraheemabuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) ibraheemabuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) ibraheemabuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) ibraheemabuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) ibraheemabuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) ibraheemabuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) ibraheemabuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) ibraheemabuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) ibraheemabuk will become famous soon enough. (+50) ibraheemabuk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JMillion View Post
    Your body treats liquids different from solid foods, just something to keep in mind. So if you juice an orange your body won't treat it the same.

You can juice them all if you add liquid and had something good like an emulsifier instead of a basic juicer. I use the nutri-bullet.

Nutri-bullet cost me about $80. If you follow the directions and treat it properly it will last a long time. The more expensive the better.

It's not a waist of time. If you have trouble downing it the normal way a juicer can come in handy.