Alijan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training Partners - pros and cons.

ok to be honest, my training partner sucks. things he says in the middle of a set can **** up concentration, and in general he aint supportive.

from this monday im going alone, even though i know i can probably get more done with my training partner. but im willing to go it alone for the peace of mind amongst other things.

what about you? how good or bad is your training partner? just how much **** can you take before walking away?

ps, this dude is a mate of mine, so even if i dont train with him, we will still remain friends. but in the gym that doesnt matter, right?

shaun_bayarea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when i workout with a training partner it takes me allmost twice as long to finish my workout and i cant get into the right mentality like i can alone....when i'm alone i block everything out, put on my headphones and dont speak at all...i dont even look at anyone else. it's alot like meditation and you cant meditate when someone is trying to talk to you or screaming in your ear. i personally wont ever use a partner, i'ved had 2 and it's not for me. i'm a lone ranger ...lol

Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i had a partner a couple years ago, he was cool.
    then i moved and am solo now. where i workout now, people chitchat alot and i dont do that. They are all bigger then me, but i go in there, put on my headset and blast some rob zombie.
    I'm NOT a newbie

"Size does NOT mean knowledge in this sport".

6'-2" Ectomorph

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    training partners unless they are really good (fletch and hoch are both good guys that I've trained with) but on the whole training partners...
    1. go to slow
    2. bitch
    3. slow me down
    4. try to get me to "calm down"
    5. jibber jabber the whole time

I prefer lifting by myself...I can go as fast as I want that way.
    Peace

WorldMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WorldMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Training Partners

In order to truly have a good training partner, they must have the same focus and intensity in the gym that you do. WHen its balls to the wall, they need to be their to push you farther than you can mentally reach, and then some. I know for a fact I would progress at least 25% faster with my future partner and best bud anthony church if he were training with me. But if you can't find an intense and focused training partner who also understands what your going through in order to hopefully get where you want to be, it will be difficult keeping them on track all the time concerning the importance of the training session.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anthony is most definately a master motivator.

John Henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by str8flexed
    training partners unless they are really good (fletch and hoch are both good guys that I've trained with) but on the whole training partners...
    1. go to slow
    2. bitch
    3. slow me down
    4. try to get me to "calm down"
    5. jibber jabber the whole time

I prefer lifting by myself...I can go as fast as I want that way.
    Peace
    You need to go to Santa Monica and train with Draper.He's always telling people the same thing.

Is0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Is0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Training Partners - pros and cons.

Originally posted by Alijan
    ok to be honest, my training partner sucks. things he says in the middle of a set can **** up concentration, and in general he aint supportive.

from this monday im going alone, even though i know i can probably get more done with my training partner. but im willing to go it alone for the peace of mind amongst other things.

what about you? how good or bad is your training partner? just how much **** can you take before walking away?

ps, this dude is a mate of mine, so even if i dont train with him, we will still remain friends. but in the gym that doesnt matter, right?
    me personally, i say screw trainin partners, i don't have one a probably won't for a while. if i need a spotter, i just ask someone to spot me, i don't need a trainin partner. the only reason why you'd need one is for a spotter and motivation in the gym, but you can do that yourself and ask for a spotter, that simple.
    Ja ben ik Nederlands

"Everything I do, I strive to be more like you. You've taken me from the depths within and released me, freed me, into what you want me to Be. Every day I live for you, and I devote my life to you. God, you are my salvation, Jesus, my rejuvinator." - Is0, Allen

"A life unexamined is a life not worth living" - Unknown

"Once a person realizes his state of sin, his natural inclination is to find the remedy within himself. He attempts to bring about his own salvation by human means. He tries various reforms when he needs to be regenerated. As with the Israelites, he tries to become justified by the Law rather than by faith in Jesus, Rather than cleaning up the old man, he needs to be made a new man in Christ. He doesn't need to "turn over a new leaf," he needs a completely new life. The only remedy for man's fallen state is salvation by the grace of God through faith in His Son Jesus." - SOS

If you guys ever wanna talk, about anything, whether troubles, problems, christian advice, whatever it may be, I'm here.

Allen

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    i've been lucky to have found some good training partners (quiet,focused,intense)

don't need one by any means, but the right on can bring up the intensity level.

typical conversation between sets

"damn that was heavy,wanna add 20-30lbs"

"don't matter"

"wanna do 2 more set's

"dont matter"

"breakdowns?"

"don't matter"

"then supersets?"

don't matter"
    "i just might fade into Bolivian" ~ MIKE TYSON

Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ne0_ErROR has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The pro is that you can go to failure or do negatives. However, my partner is really annoying. He tries to chit chat in the middle if sets which really pisses me off. But now I changed my routine so I go without him the majority of the time.
    Selur Igres

Is0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Is0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Ne0_ErROR
    The pro is that you can go to failure or do negatives. However, my partner is really annoying. He tries to chit chat in the middle if sets which really pisses me off. But now I changed my routine so I go without him the majority of the time.
    why not just try tellin him to stfu during sets?
    Ja ben ik Nederlands

"Everything I do, I strive to be more like you. You've taken me from the depths within and released me, freed me, into what you want me to Be. Every day I live for you, and I devote my life to you. God, you are my salvation, Jesus, my rejuvinator." - Is0, Allen

"Once a person realizes his state of sin, his natural inclination is to find the remedy within himself. He attempts to bring about his own salvation by human means. He tries various reforms when he needs to be regenerated. As with the Israelites, he tries to become justified by the Law rather than by faith in Jesus, Rather than cleaning up the old man, he needs to be made a new man in Christ. He doesn't need to "turn over a new leaf," he needs a completely new life. The only remedy for man's fallen state is salvation by the grace of God through faith in His Son Jesus." - SOS

If you guys ever wanna talk, about anything, whether troubles, problems, christian advice, whatever it may be, I'm here.

Allen

workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500) workout addict is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    training partners aren't that good, unless if they had a better motivation for bb.

after experiencing this twice, now whenever i need a spotter for bench pressing, i just ask one of those guys in the gym, i know'em all now

most training partners chit chat alot, drive your mind away from bb, slow your motivation, get jealous if you are bigger

hint: if you want a hardcore workout, then put some headphones on, and dont make eye contacts with any person in the gym

peace!

Originally posted by workout addict
    dont make eye contacts with any person in the gym
    lol, i'ma try that next time, see how long i can go for
    Ja ben ik Nederlands

Allen

BrockBoiPaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrockBoiPaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrockBoiPaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrockBoiPaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrockBoiPaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrockBoiPaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrockBoiPaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Training partners can be good and also can be a pain in the a$$. I've gone through 3 team mates in wrestling this term alone, all give up after 3 weeks cause they cant stand either the schedule of 6:30 am workouts or the works outs are to intense.

personally now I just intend on asking people i know around the gym to spot and help with forced reps when I need it. Otherwise I wont concern myself with a training partner. If i want to be a bodybuilder, then its my own motivation I gotta rely on.

As for training partners that talk, just tell them to shut up while ur doing ur set, unless their making positive comments to push yourself. I had one team mate that was beyond annoying this year and I jumped for joy that he gave up after a week and a half.

Peace

__HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) __HaGGiS__ has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Angry

I have/had one training partner, and i have found that it sucks.
    Because
    A/ While it is good to have competition, he will try and cheat the weights up just to meet what i lift.
    B/ Will hardly ever turn up for training.
    C/ Doesnt believe me about the 1 hour training rule.
    D/ Wants to train arms 3 times a week.

**** it, i give up.
    Training alone is the best for me till i can find a more dedicated one.