dleeworthy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting Migraine from Squats

I have been training with weights on and off for about 3-4 years. I was doing squats with a moderate amount of weight to failure. When I racked the weight my head began throbbing, so much that I had to sit down because the pain was so intense. My form is excellent, and now when i use even a light weight when I squat I almost instantly get what I think is a migraine (throbbing headache pain in the back of my head)...The only supplements I'm using are ocassionaly Spike, and sometimes Caffiene w/ Ephedrine for energy, and for me the essentials, Creatine and Protiene.

If you have any idea what could be causing this issue your input would be appreciated.

Rock You Like a Hurricane ryuten's Avatar
    ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000) ryuten is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BREATHE

that's ur problem, u're not breathing enough. take two breathes before u go back down if you have to. just remember to breathe.

WIGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WIGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WIGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WIGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WIGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WIGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WIGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WIGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WIGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WIGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WIGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, make sure you regularly breathe. Inhale when you go down, exhale when you push up. Sounds like you are doing the valsalva technique of breathing, which is basically trying to exhale when your mouth is closed. This causes your blood pressure to shoot up, which is probably the reason for the throbbing pains (I used to do this also).