ksquad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone here in the same situation??

Hey all, is there anyone in here that is a college student that is trying to lose weight and gain muscle. Im trying to get ride of my fat but not be skinny at the same time. By doing this i have to go to class to. The money is also another situation, eating health all the time costs a **** load of money. I know that you college guys like me love to go party once and a while and eat pizza Right!! Well if you guys have found a way to get a great body, go to school, drink and eat out once in a while please write me back and tell me how.
    Thnaks

Xtreme702 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man I know what you mean. I'm only 21 and like to party too, but I realized that the more you drink the less gains you actually see. Its ok to do all those things you talked about just do it in moderation. I know how expensive food can get too.

P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50) P.T.B.W will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you have to decide what is most important. Buying alchohol every weekend can get very expensive, that same money could be saved or used to purchase healthy foods.
    "You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As is your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny."-
    The Upanishads, Bridhadaranyaka IV. 5

"Kill the buddha!"

trunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do a search on layne norton's article on the bb.com main site. it's pretty good article dealing with exactly what you're talking about.

Registered User Emerson Bigguns's Avatar
    Emerson Bigguns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man I am in EXACTLY the same situation. Or I should say I was in the same situation. I am 21 and in college and I had to pick between alcohol and pizza and healthy eating and working out. I have always been chubby but college had gotten me to an unhealthy 238 lbs. I decided to put my money towards slightly more expensive healthier foods and supplements and my spare time towards working out. I lost 33 lbs. There really is no easy way to loose a good amount of fat and get bigger muscles at the same time. While i lost all that weight I also lost some strength, but let me tell you, it was worth it. Now I have control of my body and eating habits and am bulking to add muscle while knowing that when the time comes to cut down and get slimmer again that I will have the self control and knowledge to do it right. If you really want to change yourself you can't eat pizza and drink beer, i have a couple beers maybe once a month. If you only do it half-assed your only going to get half-results and it'll take twice as long. And when you're dealing with processes that takes months like changing your body, twice as long is a long long time. I say if you're going to do it, do it all the way, it's worth it.
    6'2"
    200lbs
    46 inch chest
    34 inch waist
    16 inch biceps

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    prioritize- 4th yr. actuarial science/stats/applied stats major

to me, a good time doesn't involve going out, getting drunk, and getting laid.
    Booo

Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I know...

I'm a senior in college this year and I'm really having it rough. I just turned 23 in November, and on my birthday I decided I didn't want to drink anymore. Going out and getting wasted wasn't fun anymore, and it finally hit me that it was a waste of time. My friends and I are really shy, so when we'd get to a bar we'd make sure to get hammered just so we could talk to women. Well it seemed like a good idea but really, we'd get so drunk we couldn't even talk straight. Needless to say, our diabolical scheme never worked.

Anyway, I quit totally last month. I realized that booze wasn't adding anything to my life, it was actually taking away from it. It made me feel like crap and got in the way of training. Just a couple nights ago a friend asked me if i was ok. He told me all my other friends are worried that I'm depressed cause i'm not going out anymore and not drinking....haha they're worried because I'm not drinking!

I'm happy that the meaningless nights are over, I just decided what I really wanted out of every day, and pounding beers isn't one of them.
    "The suspense is killing me. I hope it lasts." -Willy Wonka

FreightTrian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Good job kid! Don't stop hanging out with your friends though. Those people think somethings wrong because they care. Just because you don't drink doesn't mean you can't go with them. Keep having fun and you will notice you can still have a good time and not waste all your money on booze.

FreightTrian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    sorry double post.. slow ass internet

climb21cj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HEY KID

When was your b-day, i just turned 23 on the 29th of NOV, I made my turn around about three months ago, and I can't believe how fast my strength is gaining in the gym, and even though im bulking now, my muscles are more defined than when I was not bulking and drinking. Of course i got hammered on my b-day, but another great thing about cutting down the alcohol, your tolerance goes down, and so does the bar tab.

DaveB19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im in the same situation, the link is my story

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...threadid=79986

Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

climb

My birthday was Nov. 12th. I worked my into not drinking, I had two on my birthday but a couple months before I started noticing that I really didn't like beer like I used to.

I haven't really noticed anything muscle wise, but I now realize what boozin really did. I haven't felt like sh*t, I haven't missed any of my workouts (except because of school once), and I have more cash to buy a good protein blend.

The whole thing with my friends was just blown out of proportion and it was funny when I heard about it. I haven't hung around with them hardly at all because they're still goin to clubs, and bars and well, that's just not a part of my life anymore, so i don't go. I'm still friends with them, and their worrying shows they care so whatever...I just think it's funny that they got worried that I was depressed becuase I'm living healthier. Go figure.

Freight, I hear what you're saying. I'll definately go out with them after finals, during break. Right now, school is kicking my ass. Besides, it's good for everyone that they now have a driver,,,those ****ers...haha. Later guys.
    "The suspense is killing me. I hope it lasts." -Willy Wonka