hurleynewfound has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Dead lift question

When I do the dead lift I have a little trouble getting around my knees when I am lifting it off the ground. Am I doing the excercise wrong? I have seen the videos on how to correctly do it and it doesn't seem like those guys have any trouble getting around their knees. Also I just want to make sure I am doing the rest correctly: I get down with knees bent and back as straight as possible, then lift the bar and straighten my back just as my knees are becoming straight. Today I did it and felt a strong tightness in my back. I don't think it was pulled, I just haven't done the excercise since I was smaller and want to make sure I am doing it correctly...Anyone have any comments on any of this?

btw: I am doing the 5x5 workout

The_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_G has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I do DL I drag the bar up over my knees. Thats how I get around my knees. You might scrap up your knees but who cares. Then I just drag it up my legs. Seems like you are doing them right. Remember to keep your head up because if you look down then you might hurt your spine.
    The_G Workout Journal -http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=688073

The_G's BodySpace -
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/The_G/

Current Weight: 202.6lbs

Goal Weight: 195lbs (Lose the weigh and body fat.)

TrainWreck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrainWreck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrainWreck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrainWreck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrainWreck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need to have a knowledgeable person watch/critique your form. It sounds like you are not performing the movement correctly. I bang the crap out of my shins sometimes but for the most part the bar stays close to my hips and barely clears my knees.
    Don't know if this artical will help you but it helped me.

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=194dead2

farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ok heres what you do, don't just bend over and grab the bar, instead focus on pushing your glutes backwards like you are trying to toucj your ass to the back wall, you should feel your hamstrings get tight if you do it right. You'll notice when you do this that your shins stay quite vertical, grab the bar and then instead of trying to lift the bar, focus on trying to push the floor away, make sure you look upwards during the entire movment. If you do this right you'll find the bar goes up without hitting your shins. To lower the bar just push your glutes backwards again.
    "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

Isaiah 6:3

failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    every pair of sweatpants ive done deadlifts in have bloodstains on them. Im not joking. i keep the bar on my legs the hole time i go up. if its away from my shins or knees my back isnt straight.