Adam W has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

WHat best to take Protein With?

I have done a search and couldnt find much info.

What fluid is protein best taken with - water, milk, juice?

Also how much do you reccommend taking? - bodyweight 150lbs

All help will be much appreciated,

ADAM

Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Water or milk. Try to get 150 grams per day minimum.
    // blog: androsForm.com
    // twitter: @androsForm

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence." - Vince Lombardi

Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hope you don't misread that first reply, when I said 150 grams minimum, I meant overall protein intake. So consume as much protein as you can from whole foods, and make up for the rest with the protein shake. Adjust accordingly.
    // blog: androsForm.com
    // twitter: @androsForm

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence." - Vince Lombardi

Scorpio is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpio is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpio is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpio is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpio is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpio is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpio is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpio is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpio is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpio is just really nice. (+1000) Scorpio is just really nice. (+1000)
    I always mix my whey with milk for extra protein.....carbs...cals + it tastes better. You could also add oats...honey...fruit..natural peanut butter...flax oil...ect..
    I broke your f*cking mold! then threw away the cast! PANTERA

DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you're talking about whey, it depends on when you take it.

I usually mix whey with water for a pre- and post- workout drink since milk will slow down the absorption of the protein, and you need to replenish your body with protein as quickly as possible right after a workout. Also, it's supposed to be a good idea to take whey with water right when you wake up in the morning since your body has been deprived of nutrients during sleep.

I will mix my whey with milk before I go to bed because you want to slow down the absorption of whey. Don't have the money to buy casein.

You're supposed to take take in daily at least 1 gram of protein for every lb you weigh. If you are talking about whey, then it depends on how much protein you're getting from your whole food sources which is where you should get a majority of your protein from.

freshman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    most times your ganna want to take it with milk the fat slows down digestion, but post workout i down it with juice, whey in water is nasty

Im decided to get 40g of protein from shake/powder form. On the container it say s1 scoop, 32g, contains approx 20g of protein. Therefore should i take 2 - 32g scoops giving me approx 40g total protein?

Thanks for the previous info.

Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    40g protein at once wont be absorted and be carried as fat.

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Seahawk
    40g protein at once wont be absorted and be carried as fat.
    Studies?
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Seahawk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah i have a friend who learns in Vingeit (sports technion center) and he's about to finish his studies for becoming a trainer and thats what he said...

we talked about protein powders (nlarge2) and he said that 52g protein for me to take at once wont be as efficient, most of it will be absorted but some will be carried as fat...so he suggested about 30g-35g (actually now that i think of it maybe for 40g im actually wrong but i'm not sure)
    Last edited by Seahawk; 12-13-2002 at 09:43 AM.

After your dvice and serching the web im going to take my protein powder (Prolab 100% Pure WHey) with water. I will take 1.5 scoops which in total is about 45g containing approx 30g of protein.

Cheers guys,

ADAM

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah i have a friend who learns in Vingeit (sports technion center) and he's about to finish his studies for becoming a trainer and thats what he said...

we talked about protein powders (nlarge2) and he said that 52g protein for me to take at once wont be as efficient, most of it will be absorted but some will be carried as fat...so he suggested about 30g-35g (actually now that i think of it maybe for 40g im actually wrong but i'm not sure)
    And can you please ask your friend how exactly protein will turn into fat?

Also ask him what makes a person fat because if he seems to know protein will turn into fat, then he has solved one of lifes mysteries.

Don't ever listen to anyone who says that "your body can only absorb this much protein" NOBODY KNOWS FOR A FACT HOW MUCH PROTEIN YOUR BODY CAN ASSIMILATE! There are too many factors to take into consideration and ever person is different.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Lonny
    And can you please ask your friend how exactly protein will turn into fat?

Excess protein calories ingested will,

- either be used as building-blocks of lbm tissue (muscles, skin, hair etc.)
    - either be used as an energy source after being converted to glucose
    - or be stored as fat in adipose tissue
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Hey hey dont shoot me I just said what i've been told!

nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey hey dont shoot me I just said what i've been told!
    No one is shooting you, Seahawk. Don't take it personally. As bodybuilders, we all consume upwards of 80g per sitting, and believe me, this doesn't automatically add fat. 100g protein per sitting when you're on a pre-contest diet doesn't amount to fat gain....

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by RippedUp
    Excess protein calories ingested will,

- either be used as building-blocks of lbm tissue (muscles, skin, hair etc.)
    - either be used as an energy source after being converted to glucose
    - or be stored as fat in adipose tissue
    I don't think this is true at all. Take in 4000 calories of protein and fat everyday for a week. By weeks end you probably will have lost weight (and not just water weight).

Eating excess protein won't make you fat, eating excess carbs with protein, or eating carbs with fat will.

Without the presence of carbs, you will not get fat.

The calories in-calories out= weight loss or gain, Does not take into consideration so many things.

Lonny says

Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

werd

the average human can only absorb like 35 grams of proetein in one sitting. would being on a ph make me able to absorb more?

Re: werd

Originally posted by Frankiexq
    the average human can only absorb like 35 grams of proetein in one sitting. would being on a ph make me able to absorb more?
    Yes, ph will make your stomach bigger because its a muscle. When you eat you excersize it therefore your stomach is on ph and it gets bigger.

The bigger it is, the more protein it'll absorb at one sitting. So after taking a cycle of ph you should be able to absorb around 38 grams per sitting.

Lonny says

EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Adam W
    Im decided to get 40g of protein from shake/powder form. On the container it say s1 scoop, 32g, contains approx 20g of protein. Therefore should i take 2 - 32g scoops giving me approx 40g total protein?

Thanks for the previous info.
    :ulls out calculator::

Ok, 2 X 32=64, not 40.
    "Train beyond the pain, and death is your only release!"

Me: Excuse me. Is it really true that you guys don't allow deadlifts? There's a sign posted over there.

Fat receptionist lady at 24 Hour Fitness: Well..........I don't know what that is, but if it's posted, I guess that it's for your own safety.

Me: *under breath* Jesus Christ...

Originally posted by EdselTrump
    :ulls out calculator::

Ok, 2 X 32=64, not 40.
    2 x 32=64. As he stated 32 grams is the serving size. For every 32 grams there is 20 grams of protein. So 2 scoops of 32g is what he needs to get 40 grams of protein.

Lonny says

EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    BTW, take protein with beer. It gives you a good spike.
    "Train beyond the pain, and death is your only release!"

Me: Excuse me. Is it really true that you guys don't allow deadlifts? There's a sign posted over there.

Fat receptionist lady at 24 Hour Fitness: Well..........I don't know what that is, but if it's posted, I guess that it's for your own safety.

Me: *under breath* Jesus Christ...