dbiderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

truly carb-free protein pudding

hey guys, here is a little recipe for the real nit-picky people on the board. all of the time i see people put up recipes for protein pudding involving sugar-free/fat-free pudding and skim milk along with a scoop of protein, but i always feel like i am kinda skimping on my diet when i have that...after all, it contains about 9 grams of sugar from the milk and usually about 15-20 grams of empty carbs from the pudding packet

here is my version of truly carb-free, protein heavy pudding.

take a scoop of protein pudding (whatever kind you want), add a 250 ml of egg whites, add 250 ml of water, and put in some walden farms chocolate syrup for taste...now here is the kicker...add some XANTHAN GUM

i know that i am not the only one who knows about the xanthan gum (or guar gum, both are pretty much the same), but i hardly ever see anyone mention either of these two materials.

they are both gluten free and are basically just dietary fiber that helps emulsify foods (make them thicker)...

i find that if i mix the aforementioned ingredients with about 1 tablespoon of the xanthan, or guar, gum, and leave the stuff in the fridge for about 5 to 10 minutes, i end up with a great pudding that (if you are using on whey chocolate) has about 6 grams of carbs (from the 2 in the whey and 4 in the egg whites) and about 48 grams of protein with pretty much no fat

hope you all enjoy some great chocolate pudding that is 100% clean

OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OmniPotentTitan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    a cheat food that isnt ? good post

trebby° has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    uncooked eggs? no thanks im good

lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lea869 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by trebby°
    uncooked eggs? no thanks im good

egg whites dont do the smae thing as raw whole eggs.

and this is a good idea, thanks O/P!