Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What Carbs Should I AVOID ?

Hey everyone! I decided that I should start a high protein low carb diet and I'm having trouble with what kind of carbs I should avoid. Right now I am getting my carbs from brown rice. I know I should stay away from bread, pasta, and dairy. Currently I stay away from dairy and pasta. The whole bread deal is difficult! I'm just wondering if there is a list out there, or if anyone could make some suggestions. Also do crackers and tortillas count as a bread. Sorry if this is a stupid question. Any bit of info would be great.

P.S. How many carbs should I take in a day on a high protein low carb diet?

ANYTHING that can help will be much apreciated !!!

Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dashik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    eat green veggies, rice, whole wheat bread, OOOOAAAATTTSSSS (oats) and yams..
    "Theres nothing a treadmill cant burn off.."

WowWowWowWow ab-swing asianbabe's Avatar
    ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000) ab-swing asianbabe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Vegaz_Diva
    Hey everyone! I decided that I should start a high protein low carb diet and I'm having trouble with what kind of carbs I should avoid. Right now I am getting my carbs from brown rice. I know I should stay away from bread, pasta, and dairy. Currently I stay away from dairy and pasta. The whole bread deal is difficult! I'm just wondering if there is a list out there, or if anyone could make some suggestions. Also do crackers and tortillas count as a bread. Sorry if this is a stupid question. Any bit of info would be great.

P.S. How many carbs should I take in a day on a high protein low carb diet?

ANYTHING that can help will be much apreciated !!!

You don't really need to avoid pasta, dairy or bread. Just make sure that you consume them around your workouts. Maybe you can consider whole wheat or low carb varieties, but remember, even on a diet with low carbs, you will still need a refeed every few days.

I'm carb cycling and these are the foods I eat... hope it helps
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...&postcount=213

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First, you should cycle down to the low carb process if you are currently eating carbs now. I'd stick to natural complex carbs before and after training, with an additional small amount of simple post-training, and the rest of the day have non-starchy veggies.

emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why do you want to go low carb? How are you defining that?

Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vegaz_Diva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wanted to lower my carb intake thinking that it would help me see more abdominal development. I understand that abs are made in the kitchen so I wanted to know what I should avoid in order to see more abdominal results. I want old school "Janet Jackson abs." I've been taking note from Ms. Fit's site and ebook (I love how everything is straight to the point ).
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Nutrition is the key factor in developing a visible 6 pack abdominal area. Not only is what you eat important, but also the quality of the food you eat. For a sexy midsection you should be eating a high protein diet with moderate carbs and some essential fats. Your body is a unit and it needs nutrients from all the macronutrients.
    A variety of chicken, turkey, fish, steak, and eggs, are wonderful complete protein sources to build muscle. Brown rice, baked and sweet potatoes and oats make great complex carbohydrates to fuel activities. You can get some good fat from your complete protein, but it doesn't hurt to eat quality fats either, such as various nuts and seeds, avocados, natural peanut butter, flaxseed oil, etc.
    Generally, breads, pastas, and dairy won't help define a tight midsection. These items can bloat you and make definition a blur.
    Establish a base caloric intake with balanced macronutrients. Whatever you plan out, follow it through entirely for a week to see how it worked for you. Make changes based on updated status results. This can mean anything from a carb deduction, protein increase, or even changing your calorie intake.

Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Swivel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ugh. You can't spot reduce. If you want your abs to show through, you just have to reduce your overall body fat. You can't control where it comes off, nor in what order. If you want to lose weight by reducing carbs, then fine, that will work. But you don't have to. You can do it via cardio or weight training or both and an overall clean diet. But, the fact is, abs aren't just "made in the kitchen." There are several methods at your disposal.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Swivel
    Ugh. You can't spot reduce. If you want your abs to show through, you just have to reduce your overall body fat. You can't control where it comes off, nor in what order. If you want to lose weight by reducing carbs, then fine, that will work. But you don't have to. You can do it via cardio or weight training or both and an overall clean diet. But, the fact is, abs aren't just "made in the kitchen." There are several methods at your disposal.
    Yes, I suppose abs aren't made in the kitchen, but they can certainly be unearthed in the kitchen.

As asianbabe says, there is no need to restrict yourself on specific carbs (unless you find they are bloating you!). I myself avoid bread as I find it to be not filling, and a poor choice for dieting because of this.

You can read through my healthy eating guidelines here.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom