thegift711 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Spot Problem with Lower Abs

Hey All,

I have a little problem.. I used to be obese, now in very good shape (6'2", 188). My arms chest, shoulder, back, and upper abs are pretty defined, almost ripped looking. Legs are just fine,too. The problem is, tho, since I was fat (285 of pure fat on my frame), my LOWER ab region is still attrocious. Kind of weird looking. I've heard it's impossible to spot train. That is, fat loss is spread evenly over the entire body. I can't target the lower abs for fat loss (save for lower ab crunches, leg raises, etc, but those don't burn any of the fat). Any suggestions, info to add, or any wrong assumptions I'm making? I'm worried that without lipo, at a constant rate of fat loss for my entire body, the lower abs will always be slightly proportionally out of whack. Let me know what you think! Any plans (high rep, circuit), diets, or supplements anyone could suggest?

Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Millennium1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Smile

Congratulations on losing all of that fat! It took a lot of hard work and dedication no doubt. I don't know how to answer your questions unfortunately.

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You can NOT spot reduce. To eleminate your fat on your lower abs, you need to decrease your bodyfat %.

To decrease your bodyfat, you need:

- a good diet: there's a lot of diets out there, inform yourself. All you need to know is that you have to lower your calorie intake, but dont be too drastic; and don't forget to eat 5-6 small meals/snacks a day instead of 3 full meals.

- cardio workout: 3-4 times a week, 40 mins at least, first thing in the morning before eating!!!! AND Medium pace , around 60% of heart rate. You can supplement with glutamine just before your cardio to prevent the loss of muscles.

Now you will decrease your fat, ALL around your body. So you need to keep on working out with the same rep/set scheme you were using before. If you stop working out, you will lose muscle and look slobby in your chest, arms, legs etc...

For your ab workout, just feel the burn in your abs when you do leg raises, crunches or whatsoever.
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Cyber's got it right.

Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000) Cloud is a name known to all. (+5000)
    true, true, altho i wouldnt care about diet since we r still very young and since our methabolizm is so super fast, cardio does everything...(exept u wanna go un der 5%BF or ur some heavy endomorph)

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Stop making that comment: we don't care about diet. Diet is essential in devoloping a nice, cut physique, even with fast metabolism. And think of those who don't. Plus, you should get in the habit of eating well anyway.

MensHealthIcon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MensHealthIcon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MensHealthIcon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MensHealthIcon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MensHealthIcon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MensHealthIcon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MensHealthIcon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MensHealthIcon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MensHealthIcon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MensHealthIcon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MensHealthIcon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    WEIGHTED LOWER AB REVERSE CRUNCHES

This is by far the best exercise you can do to properly develop your lower abs. Isometric and bodyweight exercises are great, but you can do them until you are blue in the face and you still won’t develop the deep cuts necessary on the lower abs to really see the full 6-pack visual.

The weight is important, but it’s more than that. It’s also ensuring you properly engage your lower abs. Most exercises people do in the gym for lower abs tend to focus on and work your hip flexors with little to no lower abdominal engagement.

The key on this exercise is to fully roll your hips over and pull your knees to your forehead in order to create a strong contraction on your lower abs. Do this by first pulling your knees into your chest then roll your lower and mid back off the bench until your knees are smacking you in the forehead.

Mentally focus on and think about contracting the lower abdominals. Fully exhale as you contract; the more air you exhale the better the contraction and the more work your lower abs will get.

Keep knees bent about 90 degrees if possible. When your legs are straight the hip flexors are getting the majority of the work. It’s wasted effort, plus keeping your legs from straightening will keep your lower abs engaged. It isn’t until your knees pass your hips and move toward your chest as your lower back comes off the bench that your lower abs actually engage.

This is an advanced exercise. If you cannot do weighted lower ab reverse crunches then start on the floor doing simple reverse crunches properly with all the cues as listed above. Then move to a decline bench with bodyweight before progressing to the weighted movement using ankle straps.

You will need ankle straps for this exercise. I like the Harbinger brand straps. They have small hooks and aren’t too heavy duty, but they get the job done. Some of the more hardcore ankle straps with large and heavy hooks can be problematic and dig into your ankle causing bruising and a lot of unnecessary pain. I’ve seriously jacked up my ankles a few times pushing through the pain and it takes your focus away from your lower abs which isn’t good. When working abs especially, you want to ensure a proper mind-muscle connection. If your gym doesn’t have them, you need to buy them.

mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CyberGod View Post
    To decrease your bodyfat, you need:

- cardio workout: 3-4 times a week, 40 mins at least, first thing in the morning before eating!!!! AND Medium pace , around 60% of heart rate. You can supplement with glutamine just before your cardio to prevent the loss of muscles.
    Broscience.
    You don't NEED cardio to lose weight. It helps and burns calories, but isn't needed. Glutamine will be a waste of money. You have a link proving the preservation of muscle due to glutamine? I'm guessing not.
    Beginner routines commonly suggested:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167958293

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mjf100215 View Post
    Broscience.
    You don't NEED cardio to lose weight. It helps and burns calories, but isn't needed. Glutamine will be a waste of money. You have a link proving the preservation of muscle due to glutamine? I'm guessing not.
    Could you post hyperlinks in 2002? I seem to remember doing this in High school, but I could be mistaken.