k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50) k_townsfinest will become famous soon enough. (+50)

When does a workout weight become a warmup weight?

I mean, say you can deadlift/bench press/squat a certain weight for 10 clean, controlled reps should that in turn be considered warm up weight? Or should you wait until you can get 12-15 reps before considering it a good warm up weight? I'm leaning towards the latter right?
    Tallest Mexican on the board?

USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yea bro, 15 reps is a good range for warmup......as long as you arent struggling on the 15th.

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    12 to 15 sounds better. I'd use that weight, but only for 10 reps or so. You don't want any kind of overly difficult effort while you're warming up.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kouta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have read that weights less than 60% of your 1RM are generally not counted in your total workload, so i would say under that is warmup weight.

failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) failuretogain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    they way i see it is if i didnt go to failure it was just a warm up.

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by failuretogain
    they way i see it is if i didnt go to failure it was just a warm up.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Typically I warm up on about 60% of my working weight. If I am going to do 3 sets of DB Rows at 85 lb with a target rep of 10 ea, then I would probably warm up with 45's or 50's and do 8 or 10 reps of those.

The warm up is just to pump blood into the muscle, loosen up the tendons, and help you focus on the motion with good form. It's not something your going to build from, it's just to help avoid problems.
    When the opportunity has arrived,

The time for preparation has past.

keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I often do less reps for the warmup sets. For example, if I want to do 8 reps on dumbbell incline, then I'll do 5-6 for the warmup sets. I don't want to waste any energy here, just warm up the muscles and joints.