axionjaxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Blister on bottom of foot...

I just got back from playing a few games of basketball, and felt some pain on the ball of my foot. It looks like the skin seperated, but didn't pop or rip. There's most likely some fluid in there now, but I don't want to pop it and have the skin come off later. So what can I do to get it ready for some more basketball in the next couple of days. Ice maybe? Anyone got any remedies to speed up the healing process?

Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Phenom01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thats callus i get that too. It happens when you walk or jump alot.
    * MISC IT expert *
    * Ron Paul for president!! *

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    if its hard and rough, then it is a callus, no biggie. the thing is though, if youve never had blisters or anything there before, it probably isn't a callus. if its puffy, soft, and possibly clear, then it is a blister.

just stick a clean needle/safety pin (wipe it with cotton dipped in alcohol both before and after use) into it, take a kleenex and soak up all the fluid (like popping a pimple, except there probably wont be any blood, if blood, you wanna get it looked at IMO). wash the area really well and it'll just take care of itself. you might want to consider wearing two pairs of socks while playing(an old sports camp trick).

axionjaxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Well I took your advise saki and drained the fluid out of it. I'll try to keep a bandaid or something on it, and definately try that two sock trick. That might also keep my foot from moving around inside my shoe which most likely caused the blister. Thanks for the good advise!!!

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    anytime. just make sure you keep it as clean as possible as it is somewhat an open wound. ive played football games with open blisters on my hands and been just fine, but its mostly precautionary. if the top skin comes off don't sweat it (no pun intended).

HANK178 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1 sock - put duct tape over the 1st sock to cover the blister, then put the 2nd sock on over it