Page 268 of 325 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,040 of 9749
    wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100) wuwe is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by keitznic View Post
    what is some stuff too do to get batter at long jump and high jump for track & field
    Squat Jumps, Toe Raises,Jumping Rope and also work your core, such as your abs

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by swolepatrole View Post
    Anyone know any good tips for kicking at goal? Or know of any good resources?

My team left too many points off the board last year for not having a consistent kicker. Gonna try and remedy that...
    interested in this as well. been messing around with kicking just for fun lately.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    great idea!

BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BrickFitness06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    work on squats. and jumps

You should get that flat footed thing checked out

hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I think the whole flat-footed thing is bs. Flat feet don't affect athleticism. You could still be quick and have flat feet. I would be more worried about my ankle strength than my "flat feet" if I were y'all.
    "ham boy"

ELITEPOWER1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELITEPOWER1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELITEPOWER1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELITEPOWER1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELITEPOWER1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELITEPOWER1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELITEPOWER1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELITEPOWER1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELITEPOWER1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELITEPOWER1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELITEPOWER1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Deep squats,calve/ham/glute raises,reverse hyper extensions.

MrKuro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKuro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKuro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKuro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKuro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKuro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKuro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKuro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKuro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKuro is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrKuro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So I'm looking to increase my vert for both football and to be able to dunk. I am 17, 5'10 150lbs, I can squat 275. I have a 6'2 wingspan (7'6 reach) and a 32-inch vert. I can touch the rim off straight vert, but am unable to dunk a basketball (closest I've gotten was a volleyball). Heres how my workouts go:

Mondays-
    Snatches - 3x5 - 115
    Power Cleans - 3x5 - 135
    Step Ups - 3x10 - 135

Wednesdays-
    Squats - 3x5 - 60%, 65%, 70& of max
    Jump Squat - 3x10 - 95
    Deadlift - 3x5 - 135
    Hyperextensions - 3x10

Fridays-
    *Same as Monday*

I only workout in my weight training class which I have every other day, so I only have roughly an hour to workout. I also am a track runner, so after lifting I do sprints and such. I've been doing this for a couple months but havent seen a significant increase, what should I do different?

Heres a gif I made of me dunking with a volleyball (sorry for low quality)

Could it be that the reason my standing vert and my running vert are nearly the same is because I'm not jumping right?
    1RM Lifting Stats:
    Exercise / Starting / Current / Goal
    Bench / 90 / 205 / 300
    Squat / 150 / 275 / 350
    Deadlift / 225 / 225 / 375
    Hang Clean / 100 / 135 / 190
    BTN Push Press / 120 / 160 / 280

epicstory will become famous soon enough. (+50) epicstory will become famous soon enough. (+50) epicstory will become famous soon enough. (+50) epicstory will become famous soon enough. (+50) epicstory will become famous soon enough. (+50) epicstory will become famous soon enough. (+50) epicstory will become famous soon enough. (+50) epicstory will become famous soon enough. (+50) epicstory will become famous soon enough. (+50) epicstory will become famous soon enough. (+50) epicstory will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    whats the best vert increase program out right now?

my hamstring flexibility sucks.. any tips to loosen them up?

kristen5412 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for sharing the post

Great post!!!

Thanks for sharing the knowledge

Nice Post!!!

I appreciate it

swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Someone? Anyone?

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Someone? Anyone?
    All of the people who are good at kicking usually spend more time in the mirror fixing their hair than they do on bb.com
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    All of the people who are good at kicking usually spend more time in the mirror fixing their hair than they do on bb.com
    I have been paying more attention to my hair lately....

We're the MetNY D3 Champs! Back to D2 next fall. Thank goodness. The reffing in D3 is horrendous.
    We play New London Men's this weekend to see if we go to nationals.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    YEAHH BUDDY! Well done, sir! Maybe see if you can lock up a good recruiting class or two and get some staying power this round!

YEAHH BUDDY! Well done, sir! Maybe see if you can lock up a good recruiting class or two and get some staying power this round!
    Thanks! That's definitely what we've been working on. We actually got a big group of newbies, college players, and guys who just moved into the area looking for a new team this season. We were able to field an entire B-side without recycling A-Side players for just about every game so far. I'm hoping most of these guys stay, although the down side of being in NJ is that we typically lose a lot of recent college grads to NYC teams, or they just move to NYC never to be heard from again.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    We're the MetNY D3 Champs! Back to D2 next fall. Thank goodness. The reffing in D3 is horrendous.
    We play New London Men's this weekend to see if we go to nationals.
    Good luck. We just won MN and finally beat Green Bay to make it to the midwest semi's in the spring. Maybe we'll meet up at nationals.

We just lost to Metropolis on a last minute penalty kick last weekend in a friendly and they won the D3 national championship last year. Hopefully we'll come out this strong in the spring when we need it.

Good luck. We just won MN and finally beat Green Bay to make it to the midwest semi's in the spring. Maybe we'll meet up at nationals.

We just lost to Metropolis on a last minute penalty kick last weekend in a friendly and they won the D3 national championship last year. Hopefully we'll come out this strong in the spring when we need it.
    Nice! Congrats on making it to the semi's. We used to have our semis in the Spring, but NERFU worked out a deal with MetNY to get it all done in one shot. Hopefully we're both in the USA rugby playoffs.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone know any good tips for kicking at goal? Or know of any good resources?

My team left too many points off the board last year for not having a consistent kicker. Gonna try and remedy that...
    Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    interested in this as well. been messing around with kicking just for fun lately.
    Now that isn't entirely true.

OP I'm one of the kick takers for my team. (University of Wisconsin Whitewater- Reigning DII National champs /brag)

Are you talking about drop kicks or penalty/conversion kicks, because I'd have different advice for each. Assuming penalty/conversions, and a calm wind, the ball will generally curve from outside to inside if you haven't already figured that out. I usually place the ball like so on the tee:

NOTE that you strike the ball on the point (right side of the picture) this gives you the end over end flipping as well as more power and accuracy. I usually stand behind the ball facing the post, take 4 big steps back and two steps to my left (right footed) Don't feel like you need to sprint at the ball to get velocity, I approach controlled but make my last step aggressive and think about kicking through the ball, not to the ball if that makes sense.

If you need more help let me know, or if you need drop kick help let me know as well.

Good luck and practice often

On a side note we're playing this weekend for the midwest championship. Wish us luck in this crappy Nov weather we're having.

Oh and my hair DID look especially good in the mirror this morning.

Originally Posted by andrewmc View Post

On a side note we're playing this weekend for the midwest championship. Wish us luck in this crappy Nov weather we're having.
    Who do you guys have Saturday? Is it Milwaukee?

andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) andrewmc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Who do you guys have Saturday? Is it Milwaukee?
    Yep. We beat them 39-7 in regular season, so hopefully this match goes even better. We were vastly better conditioned than they were, as most of our points came in the second half. It should be rainy and cold, but hey, it's November.

Yep. We beat them 39-7 in regular season, so hopefully this match goes even better. We were vastly better conditioned than they were, as most of our points came in the second half. It should be rainy and cold, but hey, it's November.
    Best of luck to you. One thing I've noticed in my many years of playing is that at the lower levels and even so into the middle and higher levels (in the US), fitness alone will win you a lot of matches.

We have Fond du Lac at home in the spring to advance to the midwest final. We lost to them by a few points in a friendly this fall on the road, but we travelled with exactly 15 and only had about 6 or 7 of our A side players there (it was originally supposed to be a bye weekend and was scheduled at the last minute so most guys made plans).

Best of luck to you. One thing I've noticed in my many years of playing is that at the lower levels and even so into the middle and higher levels (in the US), fitness alone will win you a lot of matches.

We have Fond du Lac at home in the spring to advance to the midwest final. We lost to them by a few points in a friendly this fall on the road, but we travelled with exactly 15 and only had about 6 or 7 of our A side players there (it was originally supposed to be a bye weekend and was scheduled at the last minute so most guys made plans).
    Yeah we noticed that two, but it disappeared at the national tournaments.

Best of luck to you as well. It's sometimes hard to get going in the spring after the long winter but it sounds like you have the depth to get it done.

Yeah we noticed that two, but it disappeared at the national tournaments.

Best of luck to you as well. It's sometimes hard to get going in the spring after the long winter but it sounds like you have the depth to get it done.
    We do have depth. We have former collegiate and current men's Select Side players who aren't starting.

FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Battleship tournament on Nov. 12-13th in Mobile, AL. Anyone else heading out there?
    550/385/655, 285 overhead press, 330 push jerk, 250 weighted dip, 190 weighted pull-up, 413.8 max weighted pull-up, 450 front squat, 365 RFESS, 305 x 2 log press, 400 (per arm) farmer's carry, 370 atlas stone, 31 pull-ups at 247.

www.youtube.com/user/JoeyTheMilitant/videos
    Next competition date(s): November 9th & 10th, 2019.
    Instagram: @hiphopstrongman_reloaded

Mikethewinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone got a good workout routine? I'm a 190.5cm 200 pound winger. (ya i know im tall) just comig up into my grad year. Picked up a few scholarships and i want to see if i can get some better offers. Any tips?

macweb3000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Enhancement tips

I could use some help on vetical jump and lateral box hops if you have anything my school has competitions for certain things but my vj is lacking and so is my box jumps any info you can give would be great. Heavy lifting not an issue I'm squating 355

Originally Posted by Mikethewinger View Post
    Anyone got a good workout routine? I'm a 190.5cm 200 pound winger. (ya i know im tall) just comig up into my grad year. Picked up a few scholarships and i want to see if i can get some better offers. Any tips?
    the first page of this thread has a great breakdown of a bunch of recommended workout programs.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

bigrice25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Baller17drl View Post
    I am 14 years old, 128 lbs. I am a very good player overall, but i need to gain weight to improve my physical game. Ive been bulking which has been putting on a little fat as well. Should i be doing this as it might sacrifice my speed? Also what are good workout for explosion? Thanks!
    I would recommend working more on your fundamentals, sacrafice some of your bulking time to work on lefthand/righthand dribbling, shooting, defensive slides. IMO hitting weights hard and gaining muscle isnt as important until around jr, or sr year of HS and very important in College.

Page 268 of 325 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 ... LastLast