Page 185 of 325 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 285 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,550 of 9749
    mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mylesrugby7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by swolepatrole View Post
    plus luck and timing...
    As well as coaches personal preferences. Like in the wallabies i'd never pick Quade Cooper hes good but so damn inconsistant + hes a terrible defender. I'd rather have the combination of Matt Giteau in 10 and Barrick Barnes at 12.

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tri Nations opener was a shocker for south africa

yet again the Springboks demonstrate that they still have the ability to turn up and just not play

few good individual performances but Iv never seen their defence so hopeless (AB's must have made the gainline 75%+ of the time)
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Great game from a kiwi point of view. The kiwis dominated at every facet of the game (yes even the scrum and the lineout). Its probably the AB's best performance this year, which is a good sign of things to come.

Would like to see a closer game next week though (kiwis still winning though :P)

BTW the score was 32-12. AB's got a bonus point try as well.
    ( ' ' ' ) MISC RUGBY CREW ( ' ' ' )
    Proud Kiwi and All Blacks Supporter
    Bench 180kg/396lb
    Squat 240kg/528lb Total 670kg/1474lb
    Dead 260kg/572lb

I rep back

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My Asics Lethal-Hybrids came in just in time for me to try them out for sevens. Best purchase I've made for rugby to date.

MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

Stay humble, not pathetic sailingpece's Avatar
    sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fedec51 View Post
    I dont think that's a good idea, if you worked on things as deadlifts and squats, and you went hard at it, like 4x6 with a heavy weight (as much as you can take). You're gonna feel a little sore tomorrow and after tomorrow, it's generally a 48 hour process, plus, if you dont rest well and try to go and do plyos you're only gonna make yourself weaker because you're not gettting the rest you need to be able to build new muscle fibers, which is what's you're looking for when you do heavy squats and deadlifts. I'm currently doing streght training on monday and plyos on thursday, and it feels really well. Hoever if tomorrow you dont feel any "pain" on your legs you can do it, but remember that kind of pain is something good, and indeed something you're gonna need in order to build mass, so if you dont feel sore, just do plyos but next time go at your limit on the squats and deadlifts and rest your legs for 2 days after that...
    Actually the soreness is caused by remnants of lactic acid interacting with ur microscopic muscle tears. There is no correlation between the extent of this soreness and actual progress in strength. your body adapts to the increased lactic acid production by increasing ur tolerance to it and disposing it more efficiently. As you become more advanced u start to feel less sore after workouts, this is because lactic acid is being dispoed more efficiently, but that doesn't mean you haven't made progress, or even mean you're making slower progress. Numbers are your best bet for strength and bodybuilding progress, if your PRs are getting higher, ur probably getting stronger, if your body measurements are increasing at a relatively constant fluctuating body fat, you're probably growing, as simple as that.
    The best way to gain strength and power is to combine both on the same day, for example you would do various body weighted plyos first thing on ur monday workout, then you would do plyos with light weights, then you would go right into squats, stiff legged dead lifts and various other lower body compound movements. The best in my opinion is the stiff legged deadlift for its activation of the posterior chain, which aids in hip extension, the motion involved in the vertical jump and sprinting. Wednesdays can be an upper body workout just to keep the upper body proportioned and the blood flowing. Fridays you do the same routine backwards, the reason for that is not to allow ur body to adapt and flat out its progress.

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Goliath101 View Post
    Great game from a kiwi point of view. The kiwis dominated at every facet of the game (yes even the scrum and the lineout). Its probably the AB's best performance this year, which is a good sign of things to come.

Would like to see a closer game next week though (kiwis still winning though :P)

BTW the score was 32-12. AB's got a bonus point try as well.
    not happy days for Bok supporters after that piece of ****

missing Du Preez, Brussouw and Frans Steyn isn't an excuse though - SA has enough depth to cover it, they simply played like utter **** and the AB's played very well. You know a Bok team is ****ed when they are getting smashed back at the point of tackle. Boks need a dominant forward performance to win, always have and always will.
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by monatu View Post
    not happy days for Bok supporters after that piece of ****

missing Du Preez, Brussouw and Frans Steyn isn't an excuse though - SA has enough depth to cover it, they simply played like utter **** and the AB's played very well. You know a Bok team is ****ed when they are getting smashed back at the point of tackle. Boks need a dominant forward performance to win, always have and always will.
    I was expecting the AB's forward pack to be dominated in the scrums and lineouts. That was probably the biggest surprise for me (even though the defence was pretty soft)

BTW botha got banned for 9 weeks. Was extremely stupid what he did, and was lucky not to have got that yellow card earlier in the game!

Also was good to see Carters kicking back on target, it had been fairly average up until their last match.
    ( ' ' ' ) MISC RUGBY CREW ( ' ' ' )
    Proud Kiwi and All Blacks Supporter
    Bench 180kg/396lb
    Squat 240kg/528lb Total 670kg/1474lb
    Dead 260kg/572lb

I rep back

Originally Posted by Goliath101 View Post
    I was expecting the AB's forward pack to be dominated in the scrums and lineouts. That was probably the biggest surprise for me (even though the defence was pretty soft)

BTW botha got banned for 9 weeks. Was extremely stupid what he did, and was lucky not to have got that yellow card earlier in the game!

Also was good to see Carters kicking back on target, it had been fairly average up until their last match.
    Yeh, I think he does get picked on though.

A headbutt to the BACK of someones head (after they had just held him back on a kick chase...) which did more damage to himself = 9 weeks? Give me a break, if that hadn't been replayed on the TV like 16 times in the stoppage in play it would probably have been a 2 week ban.

I just don't see the consistency in citing and punishment here....

Benzine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Players like Nonu and Muliaina finally played more to their potential and really opened the game up for New Zealand. They just took that momentum and took the game home.

The forwards finally didn't get destroyed in the scrums and line-ups, which is key against South Africa. I'm looking forward to seeing more play like this from the AB's.

mrkeys10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sailingpece View Post
    my max squat was around 215, now it's about 260 - 275

I squatted twice a week (deep squats), and started with 3 sets of 6, then 4 sets of 5, 5 sets of 4, 6 sets of 3, and 6 sets of 2. This is because as one advances, in order to maintain linear progress u need to constantly keep overloading ur system to stimulate an adaptation.

Advanced athletes tend to respond more to volume, and by that I mean more sets and less reps, as seen in the routine above, eventually one rep would be sufficiant because the only way to stimulate an adaptation is to be 100% sport specific, i.e. the vertical jump.
    You squated like that in one workout session?

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    ***anybody know where i can download the Tri-Nations match?***

also, yesterday was my first 7s tourney of the season. We only had 8 guys and fortunately found some guys who were looking to hop on a team. We had the first and last matches of pool play. I scored the first try of the tourney from about 10 meters out after my mate had about a 30 meter run and he gave it to me on a pop as he was going down. We ended up losing that match 12-19. Second match was a killer, losing 5-24. We definitely out muscled and out hit them, but they scored all of their trys on breakaways because of our lack of conditioning. The last match was our best, holding the Mexican Olympic Development/National squad to only 7-0. For playing with a couple 40 yr olds and half of the squad being hungover, I feel we played well, but could have played much better. Hopefully we fare better in a few weeks...

sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mrkeys10 View Post
    You squated like that in one workout session?
    ya, it'll take 20 - 30 minutes, but that's all the exercise ull need, sometimes simple is more efficient

edit: sorry, I meant 3 sets of 6 the first week, 4 sets of 5 second week, 5 sets of 4, 6 sets of 3, 6 sets of 2, and so on every week. shouldn't take more than a half hour the final week.
    Last edited by sailingpece; 07-11-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: misunderstood the question

jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vertical and Broad Jump

What is the best vertical jump workout besides squating in your opinion?

Also, what would you do o train for a broad jump?

Looking for explosive workouts mainly..Thanks
    Joe Cicarella

Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by teriyakisaki View Post
    ***anybody know where i can download the Tri-Nations match?***
    http://www.justin.tv/kostaz006
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120990011

There are 10 types of people: those that understand binary, and those that do not.

Originally Posted by jc41 View Post
    What is the best vertical jump workout besides squating in your opinion?

Also, what would you do o train for a broad jump?

Looking for explosive workouts mainly..Thanks
    There is no "best exercise", there are "good principles" , if you deadlift, squat, split squat, stiff legged dead lift etc.. and see poundage increase and at the same time apply that force into plyometrics and speed work ( jumping !! ) you should see results, and they are contrary to popular belief limitless. If you continue to improve ur squat you should over the course of 3 - 4 years hit 60+ vertical. but the truth is, nobody wants to bust their hump to get there. Seriously nobody will consistently go to the gym, and eat right for 4 years straight, it just doesn't happen, and it really isn't worth it.

Registered User chris_uk1978_old's Avatar
    chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First preseason training at the club tonight and i have to say i'm a little disappointed to be going back. I've put 15kg on my squat, 5kg on my dead and 10kg on my pushpress and am 6kg heavier with my belt still on the same notch; i'm going to miss my off season gains.

swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you stop lifting at all during the regular season?

Originally Posted by chris_uk1978 View Post
    First preseason training at the club tonight and i have to say i'm a little disappointed to be going back. I've put 15kg on my squat, 5kg on my dead and 10kg on my pushpress and am 6kg heavier with my belt still on the same notch; i'm going to miss my off season gains.
    really isn't hard to maintain or even keep gaining strength....you definitely should not accept that gains are going to be lost.

keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hoopdreamss View Post
    Hey guys, great thread. Have read most of it. I played ball in high school but didn't really get that into it. I'm 19 and recently started playing again and it has basically become everything to me. This is sort of good and bad because I feel like I am way too old to get anywhere in the sport... Do you guys think I'm right in thinking that way? I'm in Australia too so that changes things too. I have a friend who I would say is worse than me who played in America for a college in D3 for a few years, so I feel like that is where I want to head next. I've read your posts Lickitysplit and you seem to have quite a bit of knowledge. Is there any chance for me whatsoever? I'm obviously not aiming for nba as I realise that is well and truly impossible but I would be totally keen to play any other pro league and would work non stop towards it if I knew I had a chance.

I play everyday and have recently started workouts and plyos like the ones mentioned in these threads to improve.
    You are never really to old to start, I can provide you some good examples. Theres this black guy we call ICE who shows up at the court from time to time, he can dunk it from about 1 block in front of free throw and hes 40 years old. For those who think they cant play cause of weight, my friend jamie is 25, prob about 200 pounds, and can shoot 50 3's outside the arch and hit all and brick only about 12. I myself am 5' 10'' 126 pounds and can vouch that skinny guys can play ball if they try and never tell themselves they cant cause there to small or afraid. Biggest thing to remember is keep your self confidence high and never give up.
    "When your pushed killing is as easy as breathing" - Rambo

"Killin is my business ladies and business is goood" - Major Pain

"The only limit your body has is what you tell it" - No idea

"Live for Nothing or Fight for something" - Rambo

joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by keaton40351 View Post
    You are never really to old to start, I can provide you some good examples. Theres this black guy we call ICE who shows up at the court from time to time, he can dunk it from about 1 block in front of free throw and hes 40 years old. For those who think they cant play cause of weight, my friend jamie is 25, prob about 200 pounds, and can shoot 50 3's outside the arch and hit all and brick only about 12. I myself am 5' 10'' 126 pounds and can vouch that skinny guys can play ball if they try and never tell themselves they cant cause there to small or afraid. Biggest thing to remember is keep your self confidence high and never give up.
    200 lbs isn't a lot of weight if that is what you are referring to.

keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keaton40351 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i was just doing a rough estimate, he may be alot more if thats not alot. I was just trying to say everyone can play basketball
    "When your pushed killing is as easy as breathing" - Rambo

"Killin is my business ladies and business is goood" - Major Pain

"The only limit your body has is what you tell it" - No idea

"Live for Nothing or Fight for something" - Rambo

Registered User chris_uk1978_old's Avatar
    chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know i can maintain/gain a little, i managed it last season. Its just having the above off season gains in as little as 7 weeks have been so sweet.

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I usually make maintain/make some gains in squat and deadlift, but for some reason I tend to lose them when it comes to my upperbody. i have shoulder stability issues and all the rucking, mauling, scrumming, and tackling throws me for a loop. luckily i've spent this whole summer building them up so it should help me come this fall. and i started taping up my shoulder with kinesio tape before upper body workouts and rugby practice/games. it actually helps. could be a placebo, but if it is it still works.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i know what you mean. I started preseason like a month ago but it was nice being able to just concentrate solely on lifting 4 times a week and make proper gains. When games start in august/september it''ll be down to like twice a week max
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice gains, how did you get such a long off-season. i didn't think UK teams had off-seasons. ive been back since the 2nd week in june and my games start in 4weeks season in 6weeks, although i'm looking forward to our new winter shutdown. even if it's a stupid time of the year.

lifts wise i make best gains at the end of the season. allways hit new PR's in march-april time.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

potential420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) potential420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) potential420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) potential420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) potential420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) potential420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) potential420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) potential420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) potential420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) potential420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) potential420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lately Ive been doing this routine to help out my vertical, box squats, power cleans, dead lifts, leg press, leg extensions, leg curls, and deadlifts. I feel like I should add more? Any advice?

Btw, I workout legs tuesdays and thursdays and arms monday and friday.

I know this isnt a good routine because im working out like a body building and im not strength training for football, and I know I need to add sprints and plyometrics to my workout.
    SOmeone help me arrange a workout?

878489TE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TwiceTheSpeed View Post
    I will be hosting this thread in effort to answer all questions related to athletic enhancement questions:

Vertical Jump Training
    Speed Training
    Power Training
    Core Training
    Specific Sport Training

You name it and I will do my best to answer your questions.

How would you put together a speed workout. Would you put certain exercises with other ones for example acclleration with acceleration and do a day of accelartion plyos and short sprints or would you put different plyos, agilities and speed work all together, and work on every aspect everyday.

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Crushed Midwest Thunderbirds 65-9 this weekend. They were big but slow.

Are those mostly NCAA players or what??
    Position: Number 8 & Lock
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 105kg

"Rugby players are born and made into Athletes"
    Welsh Proverb

wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wynner64 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I miss this game so much I'm having withdrawals! Can't wait til I get back home and get to play some fall ball!
    I want to work hard and do my best in life so I never have to ask myself "what if".

Springfield Rugby Football Club

=Team Don't Work=

My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121171491

Rams/Cardinals/Blues/MU Tigers/UM Wolverines

RLINKEN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RLINKEN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RLINKEN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RLINKEN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RLINKEN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RLINKEN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RLINKEN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RLINKEN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RLINKEN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RLINKEN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RLINKEN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 878489TE View Post
    How would you put together a speed workout. Would you put certain exercises with other ones for example acclleration with acceleration and do a day of accelartion plyos and short sprints or would you put different plyos, agilities and speed work all together, and work on every aspect everyday.
    I'm the creator of Vertfreak 101 Become a Freak V2... and I am giving away some solid free vertical jump training tips at becomeafreak.com where I go over a bunch of tips, you can ask me or PM me any questions to help you out as well! I'd love to help in anyway possible...

Oh and there is an:

OPT IN WARNING! Don't want it to come off as spamming so let me warn you there is an opt in for the free info, but feel free to share the info here if you would like.. I was a 7x ACC High Jump Champ, and have been training athletes now successfully for three years, so def feel confident to add to this discussion!
    Owner of www.freaktraining.com, home of Sports Performance Online Personal Training and also the best vertical jump training program ever created *Slightly Biased Opinion* Vertfreak101 at www.higherverticalnow.com

Page 185 of 325 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 285 ... LastLast