Page 240 of 325 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,200 of 9749
    DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DFS200 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rugby brahs, 1st game with the big boy team tomorrow at 12pm, practiced hard this evening and i'm feeling a bit sore, just had steak for dinner and an ice bath, is there anything else I should be doing between now and game time in terms of recovery or pre game nutrition that can help me come out my best around match time?

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DFS200 View Post
    Rugby brahs, 1st game with the big boy team tomorrow at 12pm, practiced hard this evening and i'm feeling a bit sore, just had steak for dinner and an ice bath, is there anything else I should be doing between now and game time in terms of recovery or pre game nutrition that can help me come out my best around match time?
    don't fap.

j/k what ever you do, just relax tonight, get a good night's rest, wake up an have a great breakfast, warmup, and just play the game of your life.

maybe take some zma tonight if you use it, or drink some milk before you go to bed to get some casein in your body.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

blueNorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueNorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueNorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueNorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueNorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueNorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueNorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueNorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueNorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueNorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blueNorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by russgenious View Post
    I haven't had time to read through this entire thread but I will sometime tonight I hope.

I played basketball this year on my high school's sophomore (10th grade) team, after basically two years of not taking basketball seriously (played in 8th grade, then didn't in 9th). I was out of shape stamina wise, hadn't improved my dribbling or shooting, and I struggled to keep up during the daily 2 hour practices. But I got much more consistent and better overall, and I started games/got decent playing time as the season progressed. But I know that I still have so much more to work on if I hope to move up on the totem pole (there's a Soph. team, JV team and Varsity team at my school... there were 2 sophomores on JV last year and none on Varsity).

I'm getting my basketball time right now at church (we always play 5 on 5 and there's quite a few ppl that show up) - its just once a week though.

I'm 6"2, currently 166 lbs and I played forward last year but I want to transition into a guard position. I need to get stronger and add bulk onto my lanky frame... also want to dunk by next year (I like to think big lol) - I can grab rim no problem. Started SS (Starting Strength) few weeks ago but pulled a groin muscle... might keep me out for this week.

My shooting is pretty ugly right now... I didn't attempt any jump shots lol during the season - just did post moves (hook shots) and drove in - so I need lots of help with that if I want to be a guard.

Just wondering what resources you guys can recommend for me to improve for next season - my neighbor has a hoop that I can practice on. I need help with the fundamentals and I just want to get better.
    I'm no expert, but I'm a Basketball Player myself and I feel I could give you a couple of tips/advice.

First off, you're 6'2, 166 pounds. I think you should bulk up. Get yourself to 180-185. In fact, there's this guy who's about the same height as you, he's Jimmer Fredette, I'm sure you know him. He's around 190-195 pounds.

So you want to be a 2-Guard right? Then you definitely have to improve on your Shooting. Start practicing and polishing your jumpshot. Make sure you have the right form. You can search the BEEF (google it), and there are tons of instructional videos on YouTube on how to shoot. Just have proper form, focus, look at the rim and rise up for the shot. Follow through will help.

Just keep shooting; start from maybe 15 ft. Then when you have perfected them, SHOOT SOME 3's. You will be a liability at the SG position if you can't shoot. Sure some guys in the NBA have survived without a great 3 pt shot, but those are RARE and most of the guys who are SG's that were known to be lockdown defenders still did their best to develop a 3 pt shot. Case in point; New York Knicks' SG rookie Landry Fields, he's not a 3 pt shooter coming out of college, cause he was an SF-PF primarily at Standford, but he had to transition into an SG for the Knicks, he worked on his shooting and did okay.

One thing you have going for you is you're already used to attacking the basket. THat's an asset, and if you bulk up some more, you'll have more power going up for that lay-up.

Just practice on your shooting. It's a major asset as an SG. You might not get much playing time if you're a Shooting Guard who can't SHOOT. Unless you're really a lock down defender, but even then you should still be able to knock down open shots and keep the defense honest.

carveysando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) carveysando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) carveysando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) carveysando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) carveysando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) carveysando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) carveysando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) carveysando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) carveysando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) carveysando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) carveysando has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    what's the best training for speed? would increasing the size of my leg muscles result in the decrease of my speed?

FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rehearsal/refinement/repetition of running technique and strengthening of the hamstrings. Do that, and you'll never be slow.

Anyway, we lost to Longwood University a few weeks back in the quarterfinals of nationals. They had a really sick back line, especially their #12. Caught damn near all of our flyhalf's kicks and even returned a few to our side of the field to score on us. We lost, 31-17. They went on to win, and it sucks, because if we did beat them then we could've gone all the way to the top, I think. Whatever; that's almost a full month removed, so I'm not too upset about it.

We're a Division II club now, and since the Monday following the loss I've been in the gym training, watching my diet, etc. Since the season ended I feel as though I've gotten stronger and faster. With all of this work I'm putting in I'm guaranteed to land a starting position for the next season.

All in all though we got #6 in the nation among small rugby colleges. Not too bad, considering some of the guys never train off of the pitch.
    550/385/655, 285 overhead press, 330 push jerk, 250 weighted dip, 190 weighted pull-up, 413.8 max weighted pull-up, 450 front squat, 365 RFESS, 305 x 2 log press, 400 (per arm) farmer's carry, 370 atlas stone, 31 pull-ups at 247.

www.youtube.com/user/JoeyTheMilitant/videos
    Next competition date(s): November 9th & 10th, 2019.
    Instagram: @hiphopstrongman_reloaded

MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    played in my first game of league today we lost 28-32 but i scored 2 tries and got man of the match. Had an awesome time, playing on the wing i think i touched the ball more times today in 80 minutes than i have all last season playing union. I know a lot of union guys for whatever reason hate on league and vise versa but after 8 season of union i had an amazing time
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500)
    Any tips on recovering quickly from ankle injuries? :/
    And also on playing 1 on 1 vs bigger players.

joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Streaks View Post
    Any tips on recovering quickly from ankle injuries? :/
    And also on playing 1 on 1 vs bigger players.
    Strengthen your feet and ankle muscles. Not much you can do unfortunately.

How big are we talking?

Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500) Streaks is not very helpful. (-500)
    Not too much taller, but he has about 100 pounds on me

cas_21488 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Offseason starts today, no more rugby until september.

BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cas_21488 View Post
    Offseason starts today, no more rugby until september.
    where do you play?

also, your team doesn't play 7s or any 15s tournaments over the summer?
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Hey joakman I got a question for you. How do I master dribbling the ball between my legs from my right hand to my left hand and then my right? I know it's not really an important move but I want to be able to actually do it.
    "ham boy"

cocoapi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cocoapi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cocoapi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cocoapi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cocoapi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cocoapi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cocoapi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cocoapi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cocoapi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cocoapi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cocoapi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Quick question for you guys. What do you guys do for recovery after games?

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or not in that great of shape this spring, but I am just feeling destroyed for a few days after games. Before the last couple of games, I really didn't put much thought into recovery and was fine just having a protein shake after the game and then resting all day Sunday. I've been icing and trying to eat four good meals with at least 45 g of protein after the last couple, and while it's helped, I'm still pretty sore.

Do any of you guys foam roll? Do you notice much of a difference?

Thanks.

nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    has the vertical jump bible actually helped you? right now i just started a 3 day/week plyometric program with cleans, squats, depth jumps, drop jump, calve raises, and 3step bilateral jumps

now im thinking of reading the vertical jump bible and doing a workout from in there, any tips?
    Awards:
    - 2014 Forum Member of the Year
    (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/best-of-bodybuilding-writers-articles-videos-photos-more.html)

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆Forum Buddy★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
    Get notifications when someone quotes your post on the bodybuilding forums!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163352861
    ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100) MURDR is not very well liked. (-100)
    Haven't played league basketball since like 7th grade, but I LOVE playing pickup basketball on weekends. My jump shots suck HORRIBLY, but I pride myself on being a very good defender. However, I want to be the BEST defender. Got any tips? I don't like playing the laid-back defense (I just get incredibly close to them, and even though it looks gay, I just basically suffocate them), so I like really tight defense. I don't have ideal height (only 6'0"), but I don't have a PG build (285 pounds). And while I'm not fast, I have very good lateral agility that lets me keep up with the smaller guys, so even though I have a football build, I still like to play PG, since I'm a good decision-maker when passing. But back to the point, any tips on how to be a better defender?

swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cocoapi View Post

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or not in that great of shape this spring, but I am just feeling destroyed for a few days after games. Before the last couple of games, I really didn't put much thought into recovery and was fine just having a protein shake after the game and then resting all day Sunday. I've been icing and trying to eat four good meals with at least 45 g of protein after the last couple, and while it's helped, I'm still pretty sore.

Thanks.
    Yes I do. And yes, it helps.

Foam roll, COLD baths, active recovery (light jogging and stretching), maybe a beer or two to kill the nerves when that doesn't work...

Originally Posted by cocoapi View Post

Thanks.
    i foamroll either after the game or the day after. i also started doing yoga the day after the game and that's helped, but you could just do normal stretching. it's the same thing regardless of what people who do yoga say.

if i'm really sore i'll take an epsom salt bath.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

JDx3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDx3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDx3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDx3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDx3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDx3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDx3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDx3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDx3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDx3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDx3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thoughts on Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 for sports training?

cas_21488 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    where do you play?

also, your team doesn't play 7s or any 15s tournaments over the summer?

I play over at UMass Dartmouth. We're pretty much on our own for the summer, I have alot to work on anyway. Like my speed, explosiveness, and lateral movements.

potm will become famous soon enough. (+50) potm will become famous soon enough. (+50) potm will become famous soon enough. (+50) potm will become famous soon enough. (+50) potm will become famous soon enough. (+50) potm will become famous soon enough. (+50) potm will become famous soon enough. (+50) potm will become famous soon enough. (+50) potm will become famous soon enough. (+50) potm will become famous soon enough. (+50) potm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    can someone direct me to a proven program to increase my vertical?
    really want to see results in a couple months and the only thing i can find is air alert..

Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Me and my boys from school are gonna be playing for rockland mens club this summer. I think we play you saturday bob.
    HTC

Originally Posted by Indians79 View Post
    Me and my boys from school are gonna be playing for rockland mens club this summer. I think we play you saturday bob.
    you play for monmouth? i play for the men's club, not the university.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000) Indians79 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you play for monmouth? i play for the men's club, not the university.
    I play for William Paterson. I live like 15 minutes from rockland and I'm done with school this week so I figured i'd play for them over the summer. I thought you played for montclair mens team?
    HTC

I play for William Paterson. I live like 15 minutes from rockland and I'm done with school this week so I figured i'd play for them over the summer. I thought you played for montclair mens team?
    Yeah I do play for the men's club. Do you mean you played against me this past Saturday with NoJo?
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Yeah I do play for the men's club. Do you mean you played against me this past Saturday with NoJo?
    Nah a couple of my teammates played for nojo though. Nevermind i must have been mistaken.
    HTC

Nah a couple of my teammates played for nojo though. Nevermind i must have been mistaken.
    yeah nojo tends to recruit willy p guys, so i thought you played for them. if you're playing with monmouth i'll see you saturday.

we got about 3 of willy p alumnis though. we got pete driscoll, kia, and harold vasquez. did you know those guys?
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

yeah nojo tends to recruit willy p guys, so i thought you played for them. if you're playing with monmouth i'll see you saturday.

we got about 3 of willy p alumnis though. we got pete driscoll, kia, and harold vasquez. did you know those guys?
    I know pete and harold, ate dinner with pete today in the dining hall lol
    HTC

MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    whats you guys opinion on in season weight training? for my last union season i was doing 2 per week like this (still made okay gains)

Monday - ws4sb3 max upper
    Tuesday - team training
    Wednesday - ws4sb3 max lower
    Thursday - team training
    Friday - rest
    Saturday - game
    Sunday - rest

Now that im not having an off season due to playing league this summer i want to add another weight session in so i'm doing 3 each week. Im going to try to do 2 lower and 1 upper one week then then next 2 upper 1 lower using ws4sb3. The extra day would be tuesday so that means im doing weights as well as team training. how many weights sessions do you guys do per week?
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Off weeks, 3 sessions, max. Game weeks, 2 sessions. That's usually mixed in with 2 crossfit style workouts and some light jogging and agility work.

Even when I don't do the extra stuff, 2 sessions is still all I can handle without feeling fatigued on game day. The lack of an off-season is gonna hurt your ability to get bigger, but I imagine your fitness come next season will be incredible. Which one is more valuable to you?

Also, what's your diet like? A few extra hundred calories may help if you're trying to get some more mass. As active as you look to be, I can't imagine it'd do too much damage to your six-pack.

I agree with swolepatrole. I do a similar set up to you, except I do deadlift and pushpess monday, squat and bench wednesday. i follow the 5/3/1 football in-season template, but yours should be fine as well.

You don't want to throw too much in there. Your practices will be very taxing as well. I pretty much need friday just for my legs and back to stop being so sore.

If you have an off-week, use what would normally be your game day to either do conditioning or do some running.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Page 240 of 325 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 ... LastLast