Page 64 of 325 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 9749
    SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 2 D View Post
    Awesome vid!

What coach speech is that? Is that a rugby coach speech?
    I have no clue but thats what gave me a chills.

kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    can try diwana.org to download torrents of capped matches. i always download form there
    live strong, be strong

Spratty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spratty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spratty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spratty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spratty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spratty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spratty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spratty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spratty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spratty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spratty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awesome vid!

Yes he ex lions/england coach 4got his name though
    Last edited by Spratty; 02-10-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Awesome vid!

its ian McGeechan, the clips are from the 97 living with lions dvd awesom dvd just wish i knew someone who had it as ive only seen the first half properly and bits of the second half.

hes the current wasps coach and is gona coach the lions this year, and hes scottish and last time i checked hes never coached england before.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

vanbroekhoj1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New To Rugby!

Hello guys! I was wondering if some of you can help me out.

My friend is making me play Rugby for my college. We are a D3 club team and play some D2 and select D1 schools in tournaments. I have never played before, but I do know the basic concepts and some of the rules. The question is I really don't know what to expect. I am going to be playing Winger. Can anyone provide me with some insight on what to maybe expect from this position? Or maybe what to expect in-game at this position? Anything helpful will do.

Thx!!!

James

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vanbroekhoj1 View Post

My friend is making me play Rugby for my college. We are a D3 club team and play some D2 and select D1 schools in tournaments. I have never played before, but I do know the basic concepts and some of the rules. The question is I really don't know what to expect. I am going to be playing Winger. Can anyone provide me with some insight on what to maybe expect from this position? Or maybe what to expect in-game at this position? Anything helpful will do.

Thx!!!

James
    What school are you playing for?

I would say, as to what to expect, expect a lot of standing around haha. In all seriousness you're waiting for the pass to come down the line, for the most part. You're also going to be chasing the ball after kicks.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    What school are you playing for?

I would say, as to what to expect, expect a lot of standing around haha. In all seriousness you're waiting for the pass to come down the line, for the most part. You're also going to be chasing the ball after kicks.
    I'm going to be playing for Montclair State University.

Haha standing around is always good...have to start getting in shape soon anyway. Other than that it seems like a good position

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kingcarlos View Post
    can try diwana.org to download torrents of capped matches. i always download form there
    Dont you need to be invited to get a membership at that site???
    Position: Number 8 & Lock
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 105kg

"Rugby players are born and made into Athletes"
    Welsh Proverb

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm going to be playing for Montclair State University.

Haha standing around is always good...have to start getting in shape soon anyway. Other than that it seems like a good position
    Have I seen you before then? I play for the Montclair Men's Club. You guys sometimes come to our practice, as a few of your Alumni are on out team.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    Have I seen you before then? I play for the Montclair Men's Club. You guys sometimes come to our practice, as a few of your Alumni are on out team.
    Nope I do not think so...I haven't watched a Rugby game for the school yet or been anywhere around it but it should all be starting up pretty soon. I'm kind of anxious to get playing and learn the sport.

Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Budly69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Any lifting advice?

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    IV been looking through some Ashley Jones stuff - and he keeps mentioning "Sprinter's Squats" as an exercise.

wtf are these? iv searched and cant find them...
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000) kingcarlos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Snowman723 View Post
    Dont you need to be invited to get a membership at that site???
    i can send u invite, just pm me ur email
    live strong, be strong

Hey guys I have another question////I am going to be playing winger and I wanted to know how much contact I can be expecting playing at this position?

jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey guys I have another question////I am going to be playing winger and I wanted to know how much contact I can be expecting playing at this position?
    Not too much, and thats coming from a guy who just finished his first season in rugby as a winger! The front pack (#s 1 through 7, not sure if the 8-man is considered a part of it) do the majority of the intensive hitting with all of the scrums and lineouts, as well as a lot of the rucking when the ball is run up the middle of the field.

That being said, as a winger, you'll be the last guy to get the ball if it works its way down the line when advancing, so all eyes will be on you to take you down, and trust me, I've been pulled down *hard* by some fullbacks or flankers who ran a good angle on me as I approached the try zone. You'll also have to tackle anyone who comes up to you, attempt to take down whoever catches kicks, and ruck for the centers if they take the ball into traffic and you're the only support available.

jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbd28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thx!!!

James
    Don't expect too much! The better the team, the more you'll get the ball as a winger in rugby. If no one can pass well (or one of the backs is a ballhog), the ball will almost never make it down to you, sorry to say. (its the reason why first-timers are usually stuck out at wing; no offense of course, because I started playing in September and got put there right away!) You're going to need a LOT of endurance, as wingers are expected to be some of the fastest and in-shape guys on the team in terms of running ability.

You're going to have to run down kicks from the fly-half (think like special teams in football), and you'll be the last line of defense against advances from the other team on defense (like a good cornerback in football)...if you let a man beat you to the outside by the sideline, there's a good chance you just gave up a try. Other than that pressure, its one of (if not *the*) easiest position on the field, so while you're not touching the ball or making tackles while action is happening mid-field, you can observe and get a feel for the flow of the game better.

Originally Posted by jbd28 View Post
    Not too much, and thats coming from a guy who just finished his first season in rugby as a winger! The front pack (#s 1 through 7, not sure if the 8-man is considered a part of it) do the majority of the intensive hitting with all of the scrums and lineouts, as well as a lot of the rucking when the ball is run up the middle of the field.

That being said, as a winger, you'll be the last guy to get the ball if it works its way down the line when advancing, so all eyes will be on you to take you down, and trust me, I've been pulled down *hard* by some fullbacks or flankers who ran a good angle on me as I approached the try zone. You'll also have to tackle anyone who comes up to you, attempt to take down whoever catches kicks, and ruck for the centers if they take the ball into traffic and you're the only support available.

Congrats on your first season as a winger! How did it go?

Thanks a lot for the information, also. My friend says I am playing winger because I am pretty quick haha so I assume that is a good thing. Ill have to work on that endurance now....

Originally Posted by jbd28 View Post
    Don't expect too much! The better the team, the more you'll get the ball as a winger in rugby. If no one can pass well (or one of the backs is a ballhog), the ball will almost never make it down to you, sorry to say. (its the reason why first-timers are usually stuck out at wing; no offense of course, because I started playing in September and got put there right away!) You're going to need a LOT of endurance, as wingers are expected to be some of the fastest and in-shape guys on the team in terms of running ability.

You're going to have to run down kicks from the fly-half (think like special teams in football), and you'll be the last line of defense against advances from the other team on defense (like a good cornerback in football)...if you let a man beat you to the outside by the sideline, there's a good chance you just gave up a try. Other than that pressure, its one of (if not *the*) easiest position on the field, so while you're not touching the ball or making tackles while action is happening mid-field, you can observe and get a feel for the flow of the game better.
    Well it's a good thing its one of the more easiest positions then haha especially since I am still learning. I feel like I'll be able to take the hits that come, hopefully, because I have been doing a good amount of lifting and gotten pretty strong. I also think I am at a good weight and Ill try to maintain that. I'm 5'10/5'11 170 and I also play soccer....so the whole tackling thing I will have to learn. Thanks for the reply X 100. Anything else you can send my way?

Dm1337 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dm1337 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dm1337 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dm1337 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dm1337 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dm1337 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dm1337 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dm1337 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dm1337 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dm1337 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dm1337 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey boys, glad to see a rugby thread!
    ive been playing for about 3 years, this will b my fourth
    ive always been lock (number 4 or 5) but i don think im tall enough anymore compared to other kids
    i play under 17's
    im about 5'11 and 80kg's
    compared to the toehr guys im muscley though, do gym work unlike most of them
    what position do you recon fits my physique?

K-Billy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K-Billy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K-Billy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K-Billy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K-Billy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K-Billy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K-Billy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) K-Billy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dm1337 View Post
    hey boys, glad to see a rugby thread!
    ive been playing for about 3 years, this will b my fourth
    ive always been lock (number 4 or 5) but i don think im tall enough anymore compared to other kids
    i play under 17's
    im about 5'11 and 80kg's
    compared to the toehr guys im muscley though, do gym work unlike most of them
    what position do you recon fits my physique?
    depending on your speed maybe flanker.

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)

Sprinters Squat

http://getstrength.com/Strength-and-...e-players.html

mentioned in that article and Iv seen it mentioned previously.

I tried searching but couldn't find anything, anyone know what a Sprinters Squat is?
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) finfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by monatu View Post
    http://getstrength.com/Strength-and-...e-players.html

mentioned in that article and Iv seen it mentioned previously.

I tried searching but couldn't find anything, anyone know what a Sprinters Squat is?
    I'm taking a complete guess and saying that it could be a bulgarian split squat.
    Currently on Defranco's Built Like A Badass.

Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonta is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't see it in the article. I've heard of an Athlete Squat but not a Sprinters Squat.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf The Grey

Hey guys,,I have another question!!

I am looking for an effective rugby workout routine I can follow in-season. Does anybody have one?

Also, I am going to be playing Winger, so what should I focus on in the weight room?

Thx guys!!!

James

Yeh might be a Bulgarian Split Squat as he calls them Single Leg Sprinter's Squat

Hey guys,,I have another question!!

I am looking for an effective rugby workout routine I can follow in-season. Does anybody have one?

Also, I am going to be playing Winger, so what should I focus on in the weight room?

Thx guys!!!

James
    I posted my 2-day in-season workouts earlier in the thread...can't remember which page it is on

Basically just do something like: (assuming your game is on Sat and your training is Tues/Thurs)

Monday: Bench Variation (Barbell - flat, incline, floor, etc)
    Squat Variation (Back, Front, Box, etc)
    Row Variation (Db, Bb, Seated, etc)
    Shrug
    Upright Row / Lat Raise Rear Delt Raise superset

Wednesday: Hang/Power Clean or Hang/Power Snatch or Db Snatch
    Shoulder Press (Bb, Seated/Standing, Db)
    Deadlift ( RDL, SLDL, Sumo, Conventional)
    Bench Variation (Dumbbell - flat, incline, decline etc)
    Pullup Variation (varying grips)
    Arms Superset (1 bi + 1 tri)

As for set and reps, I liked low reps for the main exercises (squat, bench, cleans) and 8-10 reps for everything else. With the deadlift on Wednesday I found it less CNS taxing to do Romanian deadlifts than conventional deadlifts - I would stop conventional deadlifts once the season starts.

I also liked to rotate lifts every 3-4 weeks, to keep my motivation and interest in the gym up during the season.

So, say the first 3 week block would look like:

MONDAY
    Flat Barbell Bench: 5, 5, 3 (ramping weight)
    Back Squat: 5, 5, 3 (ramping weight)
    Seated Row: 3x8
    Dumbbel Shrug: 3x12
    Upright Row: 3x12
    Ab Circuit

WEDNESDAY
    Hang Clean: 5, 5, 3
    Seated Db Shoulder Press: 10, 10, 10
    RDL: 3x8
    Incline Db Bench: 3x8
    Chinup: 3xMAX REPS
    Ez Bar Curl: 3x8
    ss
    Tricep Pushdown: 3x10

That wasn't the exact program but its as much as I can remember off hand...feel free to search previous pages of the thread to find what I originally wrote

shox428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shox428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shox428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shox428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shox428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shox428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shox428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shox428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shox428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shox428 is on a distinguished road. (+10) shox428 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey i wanted to know if these cleats are rugby compliant. I only have these cleats and i have a rugby game today and im not sure if these are allowed. Worst case i can just take my old cleats and use those.
    http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?coun...31/pgid-168029

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by shox428 View Post
    hey i wanted to know if these cleats are rugby compliant. I only have these cleats and i have a rugby game today and im not sure if these are allowed. Worst case i can just take my old cleats and use those.
    http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?coun...31/pgid-168029
    Ref wil most likely ask you to cut off the toe spike, I did this to alot of my football cleats when I first started to play...not a big deal
    Position: Number 8 & Lock
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 105kg

"Rugby players are born and made into Athletes"
    Welsh Proverb

adolfrugby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    one of my coaches i was working out wiht always told us that a sprinter squat is were u push from ur heals

user1258 is not very helpful. (-500) user1258 is not very helpful. (-500) user1258 is not very helpful. (-500) user1258 is not very helpful. (-500) user1258 is not very helpful. (-500) user1258 is not very helpful. (-500) user1258 is not very helpful. (-500) user1258 is not very helpful. (-500) user1258 is not very helpful. (-500) user1258 is not very helpful. (-500) user1258 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by adolfrugby View Post
    one of my coaches i was working out wiht always told us that a sprinter squat is were u push from ur heals
    u push from ur heals with a regular squat. sprinter's squat might be squatting then when ur at the top u do a calf raise sorta thing or maybe u go down, do a calf raise, then come up, and do another calf raise
    owe :vanhalen984..................bench:200
    = ].............................squat:225x5
    CurtisP........................dead:245x5
    Zachman08..................powerclean:140x5
    owe me:
    vonstrangle
    hockeyislife9
    rookie_mistake
    sum41gp
    hopetowin19
    autumnpanda
    store