Page 50 of 325 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 9749
    LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LessThanLuke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    i cant remember but what i was told... i jumped up to catch a drop out 22... and the guy didn't even try and get the ball... but closelined me... first thing i remember was 40mins later sitting on the bench... supposedly i was out for 5 ses then tried to get up and was chatting to folk etc..
    Nasty.
    I got knocked out once when I clashed heads with a guy on my own team lol.
    Woke up lying on sideline.
    793 deadlift @ 231 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8k57L5fvPk

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have a question for you other props out there although you won't have to be a prop to answer my question.

recently during games and one the scrum machine ive noticed that i am starting to drive upwards and lift the scrum machine up and then backwards and its the same in games i am finding that i am getting most of my opposing props of the ground but i am not moving them backwards.

i know i hate being driven off the ground but is this a good thing that i seem to be lifting the opposing prop or should i be trying to drive him backwards instead of upwards. i'm not sure what ive changed to my scrummaging apart from getting stronger that is making do this and if that is the only thing does that mean ive been scrummaging wrong and how can i fix this so i am not driving upwards.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    i cant remember but what i was told... i jumped up to catch a drop out 22... and the guy didn't even try and get the ball... but closelined me... first thing i remember was 40mins later sitting on the bench... supposedly i was out for 5 ses then tried to get up and was chatting to folk etc..
    Sounds like a concussion.....have you been to the doc? if not I suggest you go ASAP!
    Position: Number 8 & Lock
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 105kg

"Rugby players are born and made into Athletes"
    Welsh Proverb

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by toad1 View Post
    i have a question for you other props out there although you won't have to be a prop to answer my question.

recently during games and one the scrum machine ive noticed that i am starting to drive upwards and lift the scrum machine up and then backwards and its the same in games i am finding that i am getting most of my opposing props of the ground but i am not moving them backwards.

i know i hate being driven off the ground but is this a good thing that i seem to be lifting the opposing prop or should i be trying to drive him backwards instead of upwards. i'm not sure what ive changed to my scrummaging apart from getting stronger that is making do this and if that is the only thing does that mean ive been scrummaging wrong and how can i fix this so i am not driving upwards.
    although getting the prop off the ground could sometimes be beneficial, you really want to be driving him back onto his ass and putting so much pressure on him that he has to pop his head up or drop his bind. I asked the saem question to a sharks u21 prop forward a few weeks ago and that is the answer he gave me

Currently eating

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)

if your hitting the machine and its going up it means one of two things

1) your too high, set up lower and hit lower
    2) concentrate on driving forward, not up

in a game its different, a lot of variations. I would say if your driving them up you are a lot lower and are coming up instead of forward. Focus on driving forward and not upwards.
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ruga buga View Post
    although getting the prop off the ground could sometimes be beneficial, you really want to be driving him back onto his ass and putting so much pressure on him that he has to pop his head up or drop his bind. I asked the saem question to a sharks u21 prop forward a few weeks ago and that is the answer he gave me
    that was kinda my thinking going backwards is far more benificail than upwards

Originally Posted by monatu View Post
    if your hitting the machine and its going up it means one of two things

1) your too high, set up lower and hit lower
    2) concentrate on driving forward, not up

in a game its different, a lot of variations. I would say if your driving them up you are a lot lower and are coming up instead of forward. Focus on driving forward and not upwards.

there is no way i'm to high i'm currently back to srcuming where i think i'm gona put ma face in the dirt i feel that low our coach has us doing this thing where he wants us to lean/fall forward and the hooker(i'm slowly moving to hooker i just enjoy scruming way to much) is to hold us back and have all of the pressure on his front leg plus being 5'8 i'm usually allways lower than my opponent.

so you both think its a mental focus thing and not a positional thing.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    that was kinda my thinking going backwards is far more benificail than upwards

there is no way i'm to high i'm currently back to srcuming where i think i'm gona put ma face in the dirt i feel that low our coach has us doing this thing where he wants us to lean/fall forward and the hooker(i'm slowly moving to hooker i just enjoy scruming way to much) is to hold us back and have all of the pressure on his front leg plus being 5'8 i'm usually allways lower than my opponent.

It could also just be the wieght on the sled is too far back, we have the ones that are fairly light (front 3 can move it with relative ease) and we just have guys stand on the sled when it's a full scrum.

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)

sounds like it...hard to really tell

just try focusing on driving forward...keep your back straight and head up, try driving horizontally and not upwards

try and that and tell us how it goes

otherwise ask a coach at your club to critique and help you out?
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Snowman723 View Post
    Sounds like a concussion.....have you been to the doc? if not I suggest you go ASAP!
    nope...

Originally Posted by Frannycakes View Post
    It could also just be the wieght on the sled is too far back, we have the ones that are fairly light (front 3 can move it with relative ease) and we just have guys stand on the sled when it's a full scrum.
    there was guys on the sled its definatley something in my technique

Originally Posted by monatu View Post
    sounds like it...hard to really tell

just try focusing on driving forward...keep your back straight and head up, try driving horizontally and not upwards

try and that and tell us how it goes

otherwise ask a coach at your club to critique and help you out?
    i was kinda hoping for that on monday we were meant to have an extra scrum sesh with a guy from otago but it got canceled will see how things go on thursday an sat once i change my focus

Tstering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what do you guys do to get through off-season without going mad?
    Play 7s!!!!! I don't have an off season, just a 15s season (Sep-Apr) and then plays 7s (May-Aug)

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Woah, just saw the Sharks v Lions Semi-Final....

Kankowski's Try....like...DAMN

I've heard he was good but i'd never actually seen him really play before

And you can totally tell Mtawarira used to play backrow

Welsh Proverb

Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    there was guys on the sled its definatley something in my technique
    I meant if they were too far back on the sled, we have that problem from time to time.

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Woah, just saw the Sharks v Lions Semi-Final....

Kankowski's Try....like...DAMN

I've heard he was good but i'd never actually seen him really play before

And you can totally tell Mtawarira used to play backrow
    I was right there on that touchline, HE IS AN ATHLETE FOR SURE!

Currently eating

franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000) franksg99 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It sucks here in the u.s. we don't get rugby on tv

Originally Posted by franksg99 View Post
    It sucks here in the u.s. we don't get rugby on tv

Get Setanta Sports

Its a little pricey but I think its the only rugby available in the US

Welsh Proverb

titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sky sports is class for union

but setanta is also decent
    just lift

titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) titty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    after this broken tib im gonna get back in the gym and get some of my size back and strength

and hope to get back into the team .
    just lift

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question

Hey I have a question for you guys. Forgive me if it's been answered before, I'm a little too lazy to check all the pages of this thread.

What do you guys do the night before a game?

In season my rugby practice is T-Th night with games Sat. morning. My workout routine traditionally is M-W-F in season. Is this a good idea? I mean apart from soreness, I don't really feel worn out. I'm just wondering if it's more beneficial for me not to lift the night before. Like how squats the day before practice feels like a bad idea when your coach makes you sprint the entire field over and over again.

I would not train friday, m-w I would though. just me

Currently eating

MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Personally i train with my club on Thursday night. Play for the 3rds on Saturday afternoon and then the colts on Sunday afternoon. So I'm not going to do anything on Friday because its the day before and i wanna rest my body up. On Monday i wont do any sprinting/running or weights because im recovering but sometimes I'll do some light kicking. Then that leaves Tuesday and Wednesday to do weights or sprinting/running so usually I'll do weights on Tuesday then go and do some sprinting on Wednesday. If im not playing on Saturday then I'll go gym and do weights on Friday as well.

Basically my general rule is don't do anything too strenuous the day before a game or the day after if you can help it. (Obviously playing Saturday and Sunday i cant help that but its not too bad). I cant help Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday training, if i wasn't doing anything on these days then i wouldn't be doing enough personally

Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    Hey I have a question for you guys. Forgive me if it's been answered before, I'm a little too lazy to check all the pages of this thread.

In season my rugby practice is T-Th night with games Sat. morning. My workout routine traditionally is M-W-F in season. Is this a good idea? I mean apart from soreness, I don't really feel worn out. I'm just wondering if it's more beneficial for me not to lift the night before. Like how squats the day before practice feels like a bad idea when your coach makes you sprint the entire field over and over again.
    If you don't feel drained or anything for the game, I'd say go for it. When I was in high school I was in much better shape, I would do the same thing because at the time, getting in shape for The Marines took precedence over being in shape for a Rugby game. But it probably wouldn't be a big deal to skip fridays during the season as long as you bust your ass the other two days.

Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post

You would do better not working out on fridays, I found that anyway. You can still make solid progress 2 days a week and your performance on Saturdays will probly increase

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The point of in season is to maintain your muscle mass and basically keep your strength. 2 full body workouts are more than enough.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

Originally Posted by Dom_88 View Post
    The point of in season is to maintain your muscle mass and basically keep your strength. 2 full body workouts are more than enough.
    I agree with this. no training the day before a game, it just doesn't make any sense to me

Currently eating

I agree with this. no training the day before a game, it just doesn't make any sense to me
    You just gotta know your body, if you're at the point where you can successfully train without having muscle fatigue the next day then go for it

Welsh Proverb

S&C Coach/ Rugby Coach GregNuthurst's Avatar
    GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You just gotta know your body, if you're at the point where you can successfully train without having muscle fatigue the next day then go for it
    If you are training with the goal of not creating any fatigue, muscular or cns, why bother training????

I've got to agree with previous posts that 2 days a week is more than enough. Given it takes 5 days to recover from a game of rugby, the more rest and less stress the better.
    http://www.rugbycoaching.org

Hows all you Southern Hemispherer'rs offseasons going?

Im about to do a 4-6 week block of Chad Waterbury's 10x3 for Fat loss, need to lose some weight before I begin bulking again. starting tomorrow, looking forward to it

Originally Posted by GregNuthurst View Post
    If you are training with the goal of not creating any fatigue, muscular or cns, why bother training????

I've got to agree with previous posts that 2 days a week is more than enough. Given it takes 5 days to recover from a game of rugby, the more rest and less stress the better.
    Thats not exactly what I meant, but for me when I do max effort Squats I don't feel any significant DOMS til about 2 days after

Fatigue is not a goal, its a side-effect

In other news, I am still stuck in Canada as my VISA application was declined so I will have to wait most likely til next year to attend Hartpury College....my competition gets better while I am stuck here ready press clippings about guys I used to play alongside and was better than at one point

But Alas such is live, by this time next year I will be comfortably in Gloucester full British citizenship in tow, playing the sport I love...at least thats the dream :P lol
    Last edited by Snowman723; 10-20-2008 at 01:36 AM.

Welsh Proverb

S&C Coach/ Rugby Coach GregNuthurst's Avatar
    GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thats not exactly what I meant, but for me when I do max effort Squats I don't feel any significant DOMS til about 2 days after

Fatigue is not a goal, its a side-effect
    DOMS might come on right away but don't forget the immense CNS fatigue.
    http://www.rugbycoaching.org