Page 5 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tinyman5000 View Post
    is there a particular reason why i dont set PR's until a month into bill starrs
    the first 4 weeks are prepatory

Currently eating

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~rugby/files/workout.doc

What looks like a pretty solid routine that a mate of mine is on. It looks superb actually IMO.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I played Under 18 when i was 15, and have been playing mens rugby since age 16.

I also play mens 7s

Age is just a number though, if you have the pace and the skills, it doesn't matter how young you are.

Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Frodo14 View Post
    I played Under 18 when i was 15, and have been playing mens rugby since age 16.

I also play mens 7s

Age is just a number though, if you have the pace and the skills, it doesn't matter how young you are.

Well that is partly true...... but partly rubbish as well.

For front row you have to be 18 to play mens rugby and you can only play one year up untill u20's.

As for backs, you have to be 17 to play mens rugby officially if you are league registered but then if your not then you can get away with it.

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Dom_88 View Post
    http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~rugby/files/workout.doc

What looks like a pretty solid routine that a mate of mine is on. It looks superb actually IMO.
    looks good, very interesting

Currently eating

Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I cant get it to load. I will have to give it ago when i get home from work.

Originally Posted by Will87 View Post
    All you can do is try your best. I know when i come back from a broke tib and fib i was ***tting my self but i had a good game. It will take a while for you to get your confidence back up.

montua - any chance fo getting a look at your loose heads work out that the schools gave you?

I have an old Bath rugby work out if anyone would like it, It is a summer fitness with some weights.
    do you have the forwards workouts as well or only backline?

Currently eating

Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frodo14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well that is partly true...... but partly rubbish as well.

For front row you have to be 18 to play mens rugby and you can only play one year up untill u20's.

As for backs, you have to be 17 to play mens rugby officially if you are league registered but then if your not then you can get away with it.
    We were league registered when i was 16, but their 2nd team wasnt, so i played with the. I trained with them for months, then on my 17th birthday i was put straight into the 1sts

Originally Posted by ruga buga View Post
    do you have the forwards workouts as well or only backline?
    Sorry mate i dont, i have managed to loose it and im pretty annoyed about it. From what i can remember the fitness side of it was pretty much the same... maybe a little more sprints to accomadte the gme situation. with the weights i think there were a few more olly lifts. Im not sure though. I will try and have a look on my old computer to see if i can find it. No promises though.

Sorry mate i dont, i have managed to loose it and im pretty annoyed about it. From what i can remember the fitness side of it was pretty much the same... maybe a little more sprints to accomadte the gme situation. with the weights i think there were a few more olly lifts. Im not sure though. I will try and have a look on my old computer to see if i can find it. No promises though.
    ok no worries thanks

Currently eating

We were league registered when i was 16, but their 2nd team wasnt, so i played with the. I trained with them for months, then on my 17th birthday i was put straight into the 1sts
    Same situation for me... well apart from i played 2nds when i was 17 in the front row and then i had to wait till my 18th birthday so that i could play front row.

Same situation for me... well apart from i played 2nds when i was 17 in the front row and then i had to wait till my 18th birthday so that i could play front row.
    tight, loose or hooker?

Currently eating

tight, loose or hooker?
    All three mate, LOL. Well when i was down at Bath i used to play all three. Now i am concentrating on Loose head and Hooker. My passion is hooker but i have been named one of the up and coming props in the league so im not sure what to do really. Only reason i went loose head and not hooker at my new team was becasue the captain is loose head and..... he is the mens county captain. So i dint really stand a chance.

Where do you play?

All three mate, LOL. Well when i was down at Bath i used to play all three. Now i am concentrating on Loose head and Hooker. My passion is hooker but i have been named one of the up and coming props in the league so im not sure what to do really. Only reason i went loose head and not hooker at my new team was becasue the captain is loose head and..... he is the mens county captain. So i dint really stand a chance.

Where do you play?
    thats awesome. congrats... i can play anywhere in the forwards except hooker but mainly blindside now

Currently eating

N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The IRB disagrees with this notion.

el.bartq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) el.bartq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) el.bartq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) el.bartq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) el.bartq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) el.bartq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) el.bartq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by limbs66 View Post
    I play club rugby here in the US on an alumni team for my lawschool. I only get a chance to play maybe 3 tourneys a year but its a ton of fun. Actually we had one this weekend went 1-1 which was pretty fun.
    very cool, we don't see too much rugby in the US
    i wish it were more popular

[img]http://****************/banner.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://****************/banner1.jpg[/img]

GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500)
    For all you people on rugy teams what is the size of your smallest guy??? (height and weight)

Originally Posted by GutRott View Post
    For all you people on rugy teams what is the size of your smallest guy??? (height and weight)
    For the forwards i must be one of the smallest guys. 5ft 11" around 15stone. in our league it is all about mobile forwards, i find that even though im not the biggest i have the most technique. We have a few other front row players that are slightly smaller than me but they are stacked to ***k!!

GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500) GutRott is not very helpful. (-500)
    For the forwards i must be one of the smallest guys. 5ft 11" around 15stone. in our league it is all about mobile forwards, i find that even though im not the biggest i have the most technique. We have a few other front row players that are slightly smaller than me but they are stacked to ***k!!
    I was just wondering because one of my buds plays on our high school team and told me that I should play next year. I think I'm to small but maybe by next year I will grow an inch or so (5'8 now) and I'll go on a bulk in the fall to get some size. (the first game of the season was today)

I was just wondering because one of my buds plays on our high school team and told me that I should play next year. I think I'm to small but maybe by next year I will grow an inch or so (5'8 now) and I'll go on a bulk in the fall to get some size. (the first game of the season was today)
    no offence but all you americans think about is size and strength, unless you have skill and talent you go nowhere in rugby.... we have an american guy on our team, he is strong but his play and handling is soooooo bad... get over your lifts and size and PLAY SOME BLODDY RUGBY

Currently eating

earlcampbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) earlcampbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) earlcampbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) earlcampbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) earlcampbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) earlcampbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) earlcampbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) earlcampbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) earlcampbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) earlcampbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) earlcampbell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no offence but all you americans think about is size and strength, unless you have skill and talent you go nowhere in rugby.... we have an american guy on our team, he is strong but his play and handling is soooooo bad... get over your lifts and size and PLAY SOME BLODDY RUGBY
    I have to agree with this. I played rugby for 2 years in high school (I'm taking a year off this season) and many players here simply do not understand good rugby. I think it's because in American football, it's about the PERSON moving WITH the ball. However, rugby is about the BALL moving. PERIOD. Americans think it's about size and strength because they think if they're big and strong, they'll move with the ball better. You shouldn't move WITH the ball. It's not about you. You should MOVE the ball. There's a fine distinction between the two, which many American players do not get. Rugby is all about the BALL not the PLAYERS.

Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Bear in mind that this is under 16s... but our scrummie is probably 5'6 ish and maybe 9-10 stone, and we have a couple of wingers of similar size (but they are fast and still make tackles, you don't need size so much if you've got the balls and the pace).

Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Where do you play?
    named by who as the best up and coming...?

Other players in the league... Why?

Registered User chris_uk1978_old's Avatar
    chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris_uk1978_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I still say keep it simple is the best solution to gym training for rugby and would look to something along these lines:

1. Squat, clean & press

2. deadlift, a row movement

3. sled sprints

Originally Posted by chris_uk1978 View Post
    I still say keep it simple is the best solution to gym training for rugby and would look to something along these lines:

1. Squat, clean & press

2. deadlift, a row movement

3. sled sprints
    simple and effective.

Currently eating

ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Dickyw View Post
    Yeah under16s atm. Probably will play some men's rugby next year when I'm 17 (I hate that rule half my team could get into the 3rd/4ths/5ths and not suffer more than in a tough game of u16s). Had a Kent trial a couple of years ago, made it through the first round but never made it anywhere since... but this summer I'm going to do some proper work. Shame about the not having enough training time, guess us kids don't realise how lucky we are! 9 week summer holiday this year What position do you play at?

I've only just started to get serious about the conditioning side of rugby, cause I managed to get along in previous seasons but now this year its all got a little bit more serious and suddenly 16 stone ripped tanks are turning up all the place. But this summer (starting properly after my exams), my plan is to start Rippetoes until I've got some barbell experience (currently: about 6 gym sessions lol), with either sprinting or rugby practice or hey maybe even both on days off.
    Alright blud, you play any school rugby?

Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ElWilson View Post
    Alright blud, you play any school rugby?
    Nah I go to a comprehensive that only really plays football... wish I could play for a school but private school is waaaay too expensive for me, and I'm also happy with friends and stuff so I don't want to go to a grammar school to play. Although in sixth form I might get the chance to play for the grammar that's on the same site as mine, although it's not as good as the one further away (which usually does pretty well in the Daily Mail cup... can't remember how far they got this year). I will still play if I can though obviously! I'm guessing you do play for school then?

I am probably the smallest on my team. I'm about 5'9'' and around 150. I'm solid defensively though for a fly half. I might get run over a lot, but i hang on for dear life and bring them down. I won't knock a forward back, but he will hit the deck. I have made a few rather sizeable hits though, normally on wingers trying an inside ball off of the 12!

It is strange though, for a small guy, i have a serious boot on me. On a straight spiral punt, i can go from inside our try area to the opposition 10 yard line, from hand i am comfortable anywhere under about 45 yards, and drop goals have some serious range!

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    x2 mate but its not just americans, its football players in general, even up in Canada we get a few who think that bench pressing 300lbs will make them a sick rugby player

Its irritating
    Position: Number 8 & Lock
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 105kg

"Rugby players are born and made into Athletes"
    Welsh Proverb