Page 44 of 325 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 9750
    Location: Rugby, Warwickshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rugby_Dog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GhostLifter View Post
    Nothing personal against anyone, but can people PLEASE stop bitching about the danger of collapsing mauls, it is no more dangerous that a scrum collapse, or a ruck being pushed over, or a lineout lifter being dropped/pulled down. Personally I love the ELV's.

Just the nature of rugby, if you can't take it... play soccer.
    I thought it was if you don't like Rugby union, don't change the rules play league!!!!

There's a reason that people in the south like the rules, thats because it makes "the game" more suited to the southern playing style.

You should keep your ELV's where they belong, The northern Hem doesn't need to change the style of the game. Taken from Rugby World.com

http://www.rugbyworld.com/Story/0,18...890471,00.html

"I think they (the lawmakers) are messing about with the game a bit." said England's most-prized front-row asset to a local newspaper, the Stockport Express. - Any Sheridan

"I'll have to see how they go and just adapt to it but I hope it doesn't change the game too much.

"Personally, I think it's quite good that we've got all different shapes and sizes in rugby but you can see it going the route of everyone having to conform to a certain size if the rules keep progressing as they are."

English Rugby is the best in the world, no one needs two versions of Rugby League!

tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nothing personal against anyone, but can people PLEASE stop bitching about the danger of collapsing mauls, it is no more dangerous that a scrum collapse, or a ruck being pushed over, or a lineout lifter being dropped/pulled down. Personally I love the ELV's.

I've have two friends who have broken their necks and ended up in wheelchairs and only able to use their little fingers because of illegally collapsed scrums. If collapsing mauls is anywhere near as dangerous then people should be able to voice their concerns.
    Last edited by tomahawk1984; 08-15-2008 at 03:47 PM.
    Weak in the gym, weak in the kitchen.

5-3-1 Spreadsheet I've made, feel free to use it http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yxnn0dtrw3j

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

You Sir, Are An Idiot
    Position: Number 8 & Lock
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 105kg

"Rugby players are born and made into Athletes"
    Welsh Proverb

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Snowman723 View Post
    You Sir, Are An Idiot
    tend to agree.

the new ELV rules of making collapsing the maul is utter ****. it is one of the most injury prone and dangerous sequences of play on the field

Currently eating

sbodyboardw is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbodyboardw is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbodyboardw is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbodyboardw is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbodyboardw is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbodyboardw is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbodyboardw is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbodyboardw is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbodyboardw is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbodyboardw is on a distinguished road. (+10) sbodyboardw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you should add what the best exercises are for your position

King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Had my last game fo the season, was back on the wing. Missed a tackle but had a couple of good runs.

Looking forward to watching NZ crush the boks tonight

Hoegs31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hoegs31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys, jw whats your opinion on the most important position in ruggs?
    i'd say 8th

S&C Coach/ Rugby Coach GregNuthurst's Avatar
    GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hoegs31 View Post
    i'd say 8th
    The great thing about rugby is that every position is just as important as te next. Everyone has a job to do and if they don't, others can't do theirs.

That said, if you look at really good/great teams, they a dominant in the spine of the team ie 2,8,9,10,15
    http://www.rugbycoaching.org

\G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You Sir, Are An Idiot
    Originally Posted by ruga buga View Post
    tend to agree.

the new ELV rules of making collapsing the maul is utter ****. it is one of the most injury prone and dangerous sequences of play on the field
    I can understand you taking offence at the way I said it, but seriously guys... your rugby players. What do you expect out of a game of rugby? It is a contact sport, and, more than that, one of the most demanding and (at times) vicious contact sports in the world. Hell, the thing is called a "maul" for a reason and it isn't because it's a fun place to be (look up maul in the dictionary if your not sure). Rugby will always carry a high injury risk, that's just the nature of the beast, but mauls are going to be collapsed no matter what, why is the legalisation of this making it any worse? If anything it makes players expect it and get into a safer position.

I'm not arguing that it is not dangerous, I am just saying that it is just another part of a game that is, in general, dangerous.

Originally Posted by GregNuthurst View Post
    The great thing about rugby is that every position is just as important as te next. Everyone has a job to do and if they don't, others can't do theirs.

That said, if you look at really good/great teams, they a dominant in the spine of the team ie 2,8,9,10,15
    Agree completely, but I think you would find it hard to make a case for key players without including at least one (or both) props.

However like you said, rugby is great in that every player has an important role to play, the ones you mentioned have roles which are inherantley important, but , that being said every positional role can be elevated to a point where it becomes a key piece in the puzzle of a team. 4,5 (line out forwards), 6,7 (ball security and possesion), 12,13,11,14 can all turn a game one way or another as both attacking and defensive weapons. One of the reasons our game is so great.
    [$$$]MISC. FINANCE CREW[$$$]
    ( ' ' ' ) MISC. RUGBY CREW ( ' ' ' )

"Life always works out for me because I do whatever the hell I want without worrying about the consequences" - Tucker Max.

"I have learned life's most valuable lessons for free underneath a barbell"

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i'd say 8th
    Have to agree with greg on this one, rugby is a 15 man game and cannot be played efficiently with 14 or less players... 1-15 are all as important as each other. But I do think the make or brake of many teams is the front row(props and hooker)

Currently eating

\G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000) \G/ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    WOOOO!!!! WON OUT ELIMANTION QUATER-FINAL TODAY!!!

We drew the team above us on the table, who beat us 18-19 last time we played, but to make things worse.... first grade rankings determined that we played them at THIER home. Anyway we rolled over them 20-9.

QUALIFYING SEMI-FINAL HERE WE COME!!!

"Life always works out for me because I do whatever the hell I want without worrying about the consequences" - Tucker Max.

WOOOO!!!! WON OUT ELIMANTION QUATER-FINAL TODAY!!!

We drew the team above us on the table, who beat us 18-19 last time we played, but to make things worse.... first grade rankings determined that we played them at THIER home. Anyway we rolled over them 20-9.

QUALIFYING SEMI-FINAL HERE WE COME!!!
    great work!!!

good luck at the semi

Currently eating

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'd say 8th
    personally if i had to pick one id go for 10 as they control the game

Originally Posted by GregNuthurst View Post

agreed, every postion has its purpose

well thats me now played 3 games with the new ELV's and i have to say that there is nothing wrong with the collapsing of mauls and i am starting to like all these new rules, i like the fact my team is trying to play a fast open game its good to play in and watch(i'm lazy) i feels good wining well. and we beat ellon yesterday prem 3 vs a nat 3 team although i got no game time for the 1sts and ended up in the 2nds raging about that(might have to go have some crunch talks with the coach but i am new to the team what should i expect) 5hours on a bus to play against a team an U16 team could beat.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

An additional though on the most important positon debate. I truely belive that any position can ascend to an irreplaceable asset in a team. But if I had to pinpoint one position which a team cannot do without I would have to say half-back. It is extremely hard to play competitive football without a good halfback to direct the forwards, and run the backs (personal opinion based an 18 game season in which we have played 11 different HBs.)

Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    An additional though on the most important positon debate. I truely belive that any position can ascend to an irreplaceable asset in a team. But if I had to pinpoint one position which a team cannot do without I would have to say half-back. It is extremely hard to play competitive football without a good halfback to direct the forwards, and run the backs (personal opinion based an 18 game season in which we have played 11 different HBs.)
    Do you mean 9 or 10? I am never sure which one "half back" refers to if not both or whatever....

Anyways I definitely agree that you can't pick a position that's more important there's too many jobs that are vital.

thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    all positions are important but all dominant teams have a strong base 2,8,9,10,15

how many times do you guys weight train weekly during the season?

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ruga buga View Post
    congrats. that is awesome!!!!

wait, this might be stupid but berry is you or not?
    Thanks mate

lol I'm the Number 8 but i'm not Mike Berry, he is our 7, the Rugby Canada press department is a joke :P

QUESTION TO UK POSTERS:
    Can someone explain the rules on import players in the Guinness Premiership?

They way I understand it each club is only allowed like 1 or 2 non-EU players on the field? And what's considered an import player? I was under the impression that players from commonwealth countries like Fiji and Samoa are not counted as imports, but Canada is also a commonwealth country and they are still classed as imports?

My Grandmother and late Grandfather were both born in England and never gave up their citizenship, additionally I have several strands of aunts uncles and cousins living in Bristol and Bath...how difficult is it going to be for me to get a British passport and remove the 'import' stigma from my rugby resume?

The reason I ask is that I was set the to be joining Hartpury College and Gloucester Academy system in September but I have been denied a student visa by the British Consulate so now I pretty much won't be able to go unless I can get a passport in the next 30-odd days(i recognize this as a virtual impossibility). So now I am looking to have my offer sheet deferred to 2009

Welsh Proverb

symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10) symphony-x is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So I quit my kickboxing last week to focus training more suited to rugby.

This means I have tuesday, thursday and fridays free'd up to do a mix of weights and cardio, as well as rugby training on a monday and saturday [rest days being wednesday and sunday [depending on matches]

so, what i was curious is there specific gym exercises to do? bar running, and the obvious weight training.

I im gonna get into resistant sprints, and alot of pushing and pulling and dragging weight training similar to NFL guys training

help? :P
    Position: Hooker
    Height: 6'2
    Weight: 120kg
    Club: Buckie RFC
    Supporter of: London Wasps, New Zealand, Scotland

Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by thepulse999 View Post
    all positions are important but all dominant teams have a strong base 2,8,9,10,15

Only once, or twice if we don't have a game on the sunday. Sucks but I doubt enough people would turn up if we had another session.

thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thepulse999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks mate

lol I'm the Number 8 but i'm not Mike Berry, he is our 7, the Rugby Canada press department is a joke :P

QUESTION TO UK POSTERS:
    Can someone explain the rules on import players in the Guinness Premiership?

They way I understand it each club is only allowed like 1 or 2 non-EU players on the field? And what's considered an import player? I was under the impression that players from commonwealth countries like Fiji and Samoa are not counted as imports, but Canada is also a commonwealth country and they are still classed as imports?

My Grandmother and late Grandfather were both born in England and never gave up their citizenship, additionally I have several strands of aunts uncles and cousins living in Bristol and Bath...how difficult is it going to be for me to get a British passport and remove the 'import' stigma from my rugby resume?

The reason I ask is that I was set the to be joining Hartpury College and Gloucester Academy system in September but I have been denied a student visa by the British Consulate so now I pretty much won't be able to go unless I can get a passport in the next 30-odd days(i recognize this as a virtual impossibility). So now I am looking to have my offer sheet deferred to 2009
    http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/199_224.php thats got the ruling on the import players if its not on that page it should be on the website somewhere.
    about the passport im not really sure but i know that you can get a english passport if your in the UK for 3-5 years but thats irrelevant to you.
    hartpury eh? i know a few people there good rugby academy. are you looking at 1st,2nd or 3rd team
    may have some fixtures against you

Originally Posted by Dickyw View Post
    Do you mean 9 or 10? I am never sure which one "half back" refers to if not both or whatever....

Anyways I definitely agree that you can't pick a position that's more important there's too many jobs that are vital.
    I'm talking about 9.

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Halfback is always 9. 10 is flyhalf, or 1st-five-eighth in NZ which just sounds silly to me.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/199_224.php thats got the ruling on the import players if its not on that page it should be on the website somewhere.
    about the passport im not really sure but i know that you can get a english passport if your in the UK for 3-5 years but thats irrelevant to you.
    hartpury eh? i know a few people there good rugby academy. are you looking at 1st,2nd or 3rd team
    may have some fixtures against you
    Thanks for the info man, I wanna play 1sts obviously but its kinda hard for me to tell what the skill level will be in relation to the rugby I have played here in Canada. My current coach was an assistant coach for London Wasps Ladies and the Wasps Academy...and he has said that our team is very similar to the Academy

But really I just want the chance to apply my trade as a rugby player overseas and play the highest level that is possible for me

EDIT: Wow just read the link, only 1 foreign player on the pitch at a time? Thats bull****, what manager in their right mind is gunna pick a Canadian over and Aussie or Kiwi....wow thats SO lame, MUST GET PASSPORT!
    Last edited by Snowman723; 08-17-2008 at 06:00 PM.

Welsh Proverb

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Guinness is the pro-competition, between teams like London Wasps, Gloucester etc etc isnt it?

If so, shouldnt you worry about making club teams, academy teams etc first, Im sure they aren't restrictive on overseas players?
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

S&C Coach/ Rugby Coach GregNuthurst's Avatar
    GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by toad1 View Post
    personally if i had to pick one id go for 10 as they control the game
    I find it insane that there was a time when this was 100% true. At least most pro teams/ test teams are getting away from this.
    http://www.rugbycoaching.org

simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250) simmernstir has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey question for american rugby people

do you get paid much to play rugby in your country ??

no offense but you guys suck at it and im prety sure i could make at least a state team just wondering if it would be worht it...

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by simmernstir View Post
    hey question for american rugby people

do you get paid much to play rugby in your country ??

no offense but you guys suck at it and im prety sure i could make at least a state team just wondering if it would be worht it...
    you would probly find a higher level of rugby in First Grade club teams in NZ/Aus/SA/Eng etc etc

I dont think they get paid that much either in the US, from what I have gathered
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

twice in season

I reckon you need a competent front row (not get pushed back every scrum), at least 1 very good jumper (from locks or from backrow).

I think that teams can be very successful with no standout forwards, and if there was a forward position where you want talent its either openside flanker or second row (lineout jumping).

Backline wouldnt really know, I play front row. But I would assume either a great #9/#10 and a great outside back (#13,14,15,11).

Originally Posted by monatu View Post
    twice in seaso
    what does your workout look like?

Jake White once said the most important player on the field is your tighthead prop and second most important player is your reserve tighthead...

Currently eating