Page 153 of 325 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,590 of 9749
    Protein shake on the rox DeeZy45's Avatar
    DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IN. I'm from mass also and have recently decided to re dedicate myself to basketball in hopes of playing d3 ball next year and eventually moving up from there.

Where in mass bro if you don't mind answering?

Also can you list your history and expierences not doubting you just curious.

Finally I was a life long big man being taller than everyone and heavier but now that ive lost a lot of weight and not as tall as the bigs ive been converting. Can you offer any tips on a transition like that. I've always had good touch and shot the ball fairly well but I lack alot of speed and ball handling to really be a 2 or 3 which is what I would have to be im sure and what I would enjoy more?

thanks
    Last edited by DeeZy45; 03-22-2010 at 08:14 PM.

joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DeeZy45 View Post
    IN. I'm from mass also and have recently decided to re dedicate myself to basketball in hopes of playing d3 ball next year and eventually moving up from there.
    Nice. Will you be a freshman or just going to walk on while being enrolled?

DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeeZy45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by joakman View Post
    Nice. Will you be a freshman or just going to walk on while being enrolled?
    I edited my post with a few questions. And I will be a second year freshman as I took some time off. I know alot of coaches that can get me summer workout and tryouts with d2/d3 schools but if your asking if i'm going to be recruited or anything most likely not.

joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Where in mass bro if you don't mind answering?

Also can you list your history and expierences not doubting you just curious.

Finally I was a life long big man being taller than everyone and heavier but now that ive lost a lot of weight and not as tall as the bigs ive been converting. Can you offer any tips on a transition like that. I've always had good touch and shot the ball fairly well but I lack alot of speed and ball handling to really be a 2 or 3 which is what I would have to be im sure and what I would enjoy more?

thanks
    I would say try finding a niche that you could develop. Maybe a mid-range shot, off the glass for example. Really easy to learn to nail down. I would work on quickness and agility more than anything while trying to maintain strength. If you could be a hybrid 3-4 with size/strength and decent speed, it could pose lots of match-up problems. Naturally being a big I am sure you rebound well. Learn to use your body to dominate mismatches whether they are bigger or smaller than you. If a mid-range game is out of question. Work on taking one power dribble from the 3pt line and making it to the hoop utilizing both hands. Finishing around the rim is a lost art IMO, few people know how to maneuver their way around the hoop with the ball. Don't try fitting a position, make the coach want to play you because you can flat out play.

I edited my post with a few questions. And I will be a second year freshman as I took some time off. I know alot of coaches that can get me summer workout and tryouts with d2/d3 schools but if your asking if i'm going to be recruited or anything most likely not.
    No problem. Just work your ass off.

I would say try finding a niche that you could develop. Maybe a mid-range shot, off the glass for example. Really easy to learn to nail down. I would work on quickness and agility more than anything while trying to maintain strength. If you could be a hybrid 3-4 with size/strength and decent speed, it could pose lots of match-up problems. Naturally being a big I am sure you rebound well. Learn to use your body to dominate mismatches whether they are bigger or smaller than you. If a mid-range game is out of question. Work on taking one power dribble from the 3pt line and making it to the hoop utilizing both hands. Finishing around the rim is a lost art IMO, few people know how to maneuver their way around the hoop with the ball. Don't try fitting a position, make the coach want to play you because you can flat out play.

No problem. Just work your ass off.
    Good advice. And yeah I would honestly say if I had to name my best assest it would be my ability to knock down the freethrow line jumper. I'll keep working on it though thanks man I'm also goin to start a training journal on here real soon.

mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500)
    i dont get it, i squat close to 700 pounds run a 4.45 40 and weigh 175 and can't dunk (i am only 5'6" though) but never had an outstanding vertical either way which is ackward because i am very athletic.

Good advice. And yeah I would honestly say if I had to name my best assest it would be my ability to knock down the freethrow line jumper. I'll keep working on it though thanks man I'm also goin to start a training journal on here real soon.
    Awesome, keep me posted

Squat 700 lbs

Do you have proof?

x1337xNoobx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DeeZy45 , from what I heard from a coach (I forgot where). He told me the easiest/most effective way to get on a team is being a shooter/able to play defense because not everybody can simply shoot LIGHTS OUT *Like JJ Redick*, but then of course it'll be a BIG PLUS if you can play defense as well. Those two I think will personally get you into a D2/3
    but what joakman says it's true too, it's extremely GOOD to be versatile.

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Frannycakes View Post
    Add me on the list for hooker techniques... So far after two games that the position I've played the most, before this season I played it only when our hooker had to leave due to injury or getting carded.

Does anyone know the actual ruling in USA College for not releasing? I got penalized for it last week, I was in the bottom of the ruck just holding on the ball with my fingertips, arm fully extended, just to hold it still for the scrum half. I thought this was legal?

I also got called for diving over, we were receiving a kickoff, they did a kick where it rolls along the ground and they have someone dive for the ball as soon as it goes 10m. not wanting to kick/knee the opposing player in the face (well, I wanted to, but that's a diff. story) and already bent over ready to make a tackle, I just dove over him, no other players near us. I probably shouldn't have said "That's so ****ing busch league" as I was walking away, either.
    I've always figured that if you're bound and/or the ruck has formed, just drive and let the scrum half do his job.

the thing about diving over i think is kind of situational and depends primarily on how it looked. sometimes you're better off to just run into the guy and quickly release as if you just couldn't stop in time. ultimately it boils down to the ref though.

Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Frannycakes View Post
    Add me on the list for hooker techniques... So far after two games that the position I've played the most, before this season I played it only when our hooker had to leave due to injury or getting carded.

Does anyone know the actual ruling in USA College for not releasing? I got penalized for it last week, I was in the bottom of the ruck just holding on the ball with my fingertips, arm fully extended, just to hold it still for the scrum half. I thought this was legal?

I also got called for diving over, we were receiving a kickoff, they did a kick where it rolls along the ground and they have someone dive for the ball as soon as it goes 10m. not wanting to kick/knee the opposing player in the face (well, I wanted to, but that's a diff. story) and already bent over ready to make a tackle, I just dove over him, no other players near us. I probably shouldn't have said "That's so ****ing busch league" as I was walking away, either.

your not allowed to tackle/dive on a person who is on the ground, however seeming they are on the ground all you have to do is put a hand on them and they must play/release the ball, so you are free to take it off them.
    ( ' ' ' ) MISC RUGBY CREW ( ' ' ' )
    Proud Kiwi and All Blacks Supporter
    Bench 180kg/396lb
    Squat 240kg/528lb Total 670kg/1474lb
    Dead 260kg/572lb

I rep back

beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Goliath101 View Post
    your not allowed to tackle/dive on a person who is on the ground, however seeming they are on the ground all you have to do is put a hand on them and they must play/release the ball, so you are free to take it off them.

Remember, now, you even have to release that one hand you put on them, lol. New interpretations!
    310 Pounds down to 218 Pounds.

angiela710 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will make the most of my workout.
    I will be intense, I will be committed, I will be focused.
    Today, just like yesterday, and like tomorrow,
    I will push my body to the limit,
    I will embrace the hurt, I will embrace the pain.
    Today, just like yesterday and like tomorrow,
    I will lift heavier
    I will get bigger
    I will get stronger

Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goliath101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by beertank23 View Post
    Remember, now, you even have to release that one hand you put on them, lol. New interpretations!
    are you sure about that?? its a confusing rule haha.
    ( ' ' ' ) MISC RUGBY CREW ( ' ' ' )
    Proud Kiwi and All Blacks Supporter
    Bench 180kg/396lb
    Squat 240kg/528lb Total 670kg/1474lb
    Dead 260kg/572lb

I rep back

beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beertank23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Goliath101 View Post
    are you sure about that?? its a confusing rule haha.
    Yeah if your a tackler and keep your feet, you must release your hands before you make a play at the ball, in the pre season the south african teams were getting penalised off the park, so they were making tackles then clapping above their head to show the ref, they had released!
    310 Pounds down to 218 Pounds.

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by beertank23 View Post

depends what part of the world your in and what level you play at.........we have different ruck/maul interpretations based on the league your in scotland as prem1 often have slightly different rules to all the other leagues but i think thats more to do with the quality of ref rather than anything else. i still get to use the 'old' interpretations of the rules like in the lions tests.

think is with rules you just have to learn to play the ref you got and figure out what you can and can not get away with. thats why i ask a tonne of questions to the ref when he does his stud check/front row chat.

i mean some refs have different varations on what is a full bind for a number 8 at scrum time and what constitues a ball be out at a ruck.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

Originally Posted by x1337xNoobx View Post
    DeeZy45 , from what I heard from a coach (I forgot where). He told me the easiest/most effective way to get on a team is being a shooter/able to play defense because not everybody can simply shoot LIGHTS OUT *Like JJ Redick*, but then of course it'll be a BIG PLUS if you can play defense as well. Those two I think will personally get you into a D2/3
    but what joakman says it's true too, it's extremely GOOD to be versatile.
    If you can play defense, any coach will want you.

dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by mjoffball View Post
    i dont get it, i squat close to 700 pounds run a 4.45 40 and weigh 175 and can't dunk (i am only 5'6" though) but never had an outstanding vertical either way which is ackward because i am very athletic.
    BC your a slow twitch guy. Shaun rogers idk if you know him but he played for the Lions in the NFL in. In his time he was the biggest guy in the NFL at 375 lbs. In a game in 2006 (i think) he picked up a fumble and scored. Then he dunked the ball with ease over the 10 foot goal post while wearing 30 lbs of pads. And the announcers were all talking about and how he can dunk easily in pick up bball games he has.

Edit: The reason because he trained explosively and he was a fast twitch guy.
    Last edited by dolphinsfan270; 03-23-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Originally Posted by dolphinsfan270 View Post
    BC your a slow twitch guy. Shaun rogers idk if you know him but he played for the Lions in the NFL in. In his time he was the biggest guy in the NFL at 375 lbs. In a game in 2006 (i think) he picked up a fumble and scored. Then he dunked the ball with ease over the 10 foot goal post while wearing 30 lbs of pads.
    Lets just say 700 lbs on a 180 lb frame and not being able to dunk doesn't make sense unless there is something physically limiting you.

mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500) mjoffball is not very helpful. (-500)
    Lets just say 700 lbs on a 180 lb frame and not being able to dunk doesn't make sense unless there is something physically limiting you.
    Well I am only 5'6" so that kinda limits me haha but I agree with that squat I should dunk. I don't really have proof thats my max and I don't max very often I usually work out with my weight in 500's. If you don't believe me I really don't care I have plenty of people who have seen. I am not here to be an online hero. I am an elite athlete and have a lot of natural talent. And dolphinsfan I am pretty sure I am a fast twitch guy, I actually don't have good muscle endurance.

x1337xNoobx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

If you can play defense, any coach will want you.
    Haha, that's why Jared Jeffries is in the league for so long.

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    first game is this saturday and it's a tournament. we're guaranteed at least 2 matches. first team we lost to in a very tight game this past fall. second team never heard of them.

it's seems like every year my team gets an influx of young recruits for the spring that disappear right before the fall.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I am only 5'6" so that kinda limits me haha but I agree with that squat I should dunk. I don't really have proof thats my max and I don't max very often I usually work out with my weight in 500's. If you don't believe me I really don't care I have plenty of people who have seen. I am not here to be an online hero. I am an elite athlete and have a lot of natural talent. And dolphinsfan I am pretty sure I am a fast twitch guy, I actually don't have good muscle endurance.
    You don't need muscle endurance to dunk.

jneller31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

first post

anybody out there have some advice on how hard i can push my legs in a week. I play everyday, train everday, lift legs twice a week and my knees are toast. squats are outta the question so any good lifts to keep my legs big and my knees pain free?

dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by dave**** View Post
    You don't need muscle endurance to dunk.
    yea thats why he said he doesnt have it..... HELLO!!! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE

daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dolphinsfan270 View Post
    yea thats why he said he doesnt have it..... HELLO!!! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE
    What's your problem, man? You got to chill.

Originally Posted by dave**** View Post
    What's your problem, man? You got to chill.
    dude its a funny saying. its not like i was swearing

Sabre2552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sabre2552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sabre2552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sabre2552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sabre2552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sabre2552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sabre2552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 6'5" with about a 6'7" wingspan, but my vertical jump is just pitiful. I can only tap the rim of a 10' hoop if I jump my hardest. I'm wondering if this is because my legs are really weak; I can only squat 120x5. If I work on my squat strength, will this help me to dunk? I'm also looking to learn power cleans to help explosiveness, would this contribute any?

An elite level athlete that could squat 700 lbs at only 175 lbs would be winning power lifting championships at your age. There are MANY members on this forum who are much bigger than you who max off at around 545. You say you are not here to be an online hero, but you say you can squat 700 and run a 4.45, last I checked Vernon Davis wasn't on the forums.

NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50) NeedGrip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    at practive today I kind of ****ed up my foot should i just wrap/ice it?

Page 153 of 325 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast