Asle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Asle's Workout Log

I am a 16 year old powerlifter.Been powerliftin' for about...one?two?months now,but just recently discovered (or was lead towards) Westside.

Bench Press:
    2 warmup sets
    44*20
    110*10
    2 work sets:
    132*8
    138*8

Military Press:
    92*8'2

DumbbellMilitaryPress:
    38*5

Squat:
    1 warmup set:
    132*10
    2work sets:
    242*8,good form
    264*8,crap form

Dips:
    BW*5 I know,I am W_E_A_K

Tricep Dumbbell Extensions:
    26*6

TricepPushdowns:
    70*6

CLOSE grip bench,hands touching,that is
    110*8

Farmer's Walk
    Two Rounds with two 100 pound dumbbells
    four rounds right after with two 75 pound dumbbells
    Last edited by Asle; 12-12-2002 at 09:27 PM.

workout

Westside.Today.Me and the wieghts.Me vs. iron.I won.

DE bench day,01-12-02

SpeedBench:100 pounds*3 reps 10 sets-wide,normal and ultra narrow grip

Military Press:
    90*10 reps,2 sets
    110*4 reps,1 set

Hammer Curls:
    35*10 1 set
    40*4 2 sets

Lots of side raises with 20 pound dumbbells,due to shoulder pain

TricepDumbbellExtensions:25*6 3 sets

Some flies,dont remember the pundage

The first exercises went great,but I starayed from the path later on,with the side raises and bad form flies.The tricep extension were no good either.All in all an OK workout,and I look forward to DE squat on tuesday!

Workout

ME Squat

Good Mornings
    First time i did these,so I started off carefully with 66 pounds.Then I kept adding 22 pounds, up to 216.I did three reps with that.Poor form,though.Must do something with my form.
    I didn't dare to max out because of my back,which is not too good at the moment,due to a sloppy deadlift.

Ab Pulldowns:
    110 pounds on the high pulley,15 reps 5 sets

glute/ham raise:The gym didn't have one!I thought so,but no,they didn't!Tha's just sad.

Leg Raises,or more leg pullups in a dip stand hybrid:
    bw*15 3 sets

Hyperextensions:15*bw 3 sets

Tried some glute/ham hybrid machine,but it just felt plain wrong.It was nuthin like the reel deel.Lifting some cabled thingie...BAH!

All in all a satisfying workout,at least for my back!
    Thursday's ME Bench Day .Looking forward to trying Board Presses

Wo

am so... not happy,more content now!ME Bench.Board Presses.I am in love with them.

If anyone remembers,my previous Pr was 187 pounds.

Board Press:
    First time doing this wonderful exercise!I made the board-thing last night,and used three boards.They're quite thin,so I guess the three are about 2 inches nailed together.As I walked into the gym,there was no one there!Strange...It was 1 o clock,and ony the guy behind the counter was there.I asked him if I could use the boards,and he said "Sure.Just take them with you when you leave"
    Needless to say,i was happy.Did some warmups,and started doing the presses.

110*3
    132*3
    154*3
    176*3
    187*3-couldn't believe this!
    200*3-I was awestruck
    210*1-and still had some left,so I went for
    220*1-and failed.
    220*1 once again-success!New PR for me,and I am happy!

DumbbellMilitary Presses:
    40*10-3 sets

Tricep Pushdowns:
    67*6
    56*10-2 sets
    67*10-1 set

After that,I did four rounds of farmer's with the 100's.I feel great.
    Healthy,I think I love you Seriously,thanks for helping me getting into Westside.
    Westside is simply amazing!Today I'm building myself a sleigh!Can't wait until DE squat,and the box-squat!

lk

De Squat:
    first time
    Box Squats-paralell
    154*2 10 sets

Hypers:
    bw*15*1
    25*15*2

MachineRows:
    121*8
    132*10*2

Barbellshrugs:
    132*15
    Dumbbellshrugs:
    72*10*2

One Leg Squat:
    44*10*2
    don't laugh!these were hard as hell.never sweated so much during an exercise!used an 3 inch board to rest the foot I didn't use onFor support,you know?.Bah!.Hard to explain.

healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey dude......i know ive responded to these...but just wanted to say again that you're doing great!! If only i had your numbers.

Thankls,healthy!My numbers are not very far away from you,I think!If your progress continues at the rate it has,you will be there and well beyond in no time.

11/12-02

ME Squat:

Good Mornings
    110*3
    132*3
    154*3
    176*1
    200*1
    220*1
    242*2 -22 pound pr. EDIT: 32 pund pr

AbPulldowns:
    110*15
    100*15*4

LegRaises:
    bw* 15*3

Hypers:
    bw*10
    bw*15
    50+bw*10
    Last edited by Asle; 12-11-2002 at 10:56 PM.

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice work. what are your stats?

for hyper how do you hold the weight?

what i found is pretty good, is to take either a straight bar of ez curl bar, and put it in the knook of your arms.. just have soeone lift it up to you.. that works for me.

-Deciever
    http://www.fortified-iron.com/

Strength Training and Olympic lifting

Faerytales in Phallustein

Thanks,Deciever!As a powerlifter,I shouldn't care about my stats,but here they are:two months old,btw.I have lost about 20 pounds since that,and my arms have grown some,so has my lats and pecs.And my shoulders.And my legs.Damn,I need to measure again!MAn...look at that waist Enormous!My abs are beginning to show now,though.

Arms:14.96 inches
    Chest:43.7 inches
    Bellie:33.46 inches
    Calves:16.14 inches

I use the ez-curl bar,and cradle it just like you do.Tried with plates,but it is really hard when you get up to the 50's.HArd to hold.I lift the bar up myself,though.Never use spotters either.Never belts.Never chalk.Hell,I work out naked!
    Last edited by Asle; 12-11-2002 at 10:55 PM.

healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: 11/12-02

Originally posted by Asle
    ME Squat:

Good Mornings
    110*3
    132*3
    154*3
    176*1
    200*1
    220*1
    242*2 -22 pound pr. EDIT: 32 pund pr

AbPulldowns:
    110*15
    100*15*4

LegRaises:
    bw* 15*3

Hypers:
    bw*10
    bw*15
    50+bw*10
    Damn...nice job! Hmmm....I wish i could good morning that. You've got great numbers...keep going..

BTW, how's the back? Good mornings don't hurt it right?

Re: Faerytales in Phallustein

Thanks,Deciever!As a powerlifter,I shouldn't care about my stats,but here they are:two months old,btw.I have lost about 20 pounds since that,and my arms have grown some,so has my lats and pecs.And my shoulders.And my legs.Damn,I need to measure again!MAn...look at that waist Enormous!My abs are beginning to show now,though.

Arms:14.96 inches
    Chest:43.7 inches
    Bellie:33.46 inches
    Calves:16.14 inches

I use the ez-curl bar,and cradle it just like you do.Tried with plates,but it is really hard when you get up to the 50's.HArd to hold.I lift the bar up myself,though.Never use spotters either.Never belts.Never chalk.Hell,I work out naked!
    Hahaha....lol.... He means like what can you Squat/Bench/Deadlift.. In the powerlifting world, that is what they mean by stats.

Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000) Deciever is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah, by stats i did mean lifts, but w/e . congrats on loosing the weight and slimming down.. feels good, doesnt it?

Oh...Heh..Ok my stats are as follows:

These two lifts are two months old,before I started Powerlifting.Might explain the squat being higher than the dead.I will get 300 easily next time I max for the dead (in two weeks).The squat is a bit hard for me,as I have to work on my flexibility.Mind you that I am only in my second week of Powerlifting!

Squat:290*4
    Deadlift:290*3
    Bench:220 pounds-this is a 2.5 inch board press,feet in the air,though.Haven't maxed yet.Makes me feel like such a novice (which I am) Looking forward to post when I max!
    I am a bit proud of the 242*2 good morning,though.

And my back hurts as hell!It cracks and pops and whatnot.The GM's didn't make it worse,though.I get a great stretch from them.I think some of my back problems might come from too tight hams;250 pounds is alot of weight to carry around.I had almost never stretched either,up till a month ago.That's sixteen years of no stretching!Man,the mistakes I've made.Feels great to be lighter,though.Still got a long way to go.

<Sarcasm>Deciever:Saw some of your pics.Man,you are strong!What are your stats?And by that I mean your lifts,of course!How stupid are you? :P <Sarcasm/>
    Last edited by Asle; 12-12-2002 at 09:26 PM.
    Why?Who?

"What keeps me sane is the source of my insanity"

Deciever:Saw some of your pics.Man,you are strong!What are your stats?And by that I mean your lifts,of course!How stupid are you? :P
    Hahahaha.......lol....cmon..nobody's stupid here, especially Deciever. He's smart.

Hope your back gets better. Ok...see ya.

ME Bench:

The last 24 hours have been quite dramatic for me,and I am still a bit shaken from last night.
    After the Bench workout,I went home to eat dinner.We had chicken,and to make a long story short,I choked on a piece.My legs started giving,and my mother called for an ambulance.First it drove past our house,so my sister had to run after it to bring them back.So she did,and after maybe 15 minutes(I was told this,as I was borderline unconcious at the time) they came,both ambulance and a chopper.I lay down,and don't remember anything until we arrived at the hospital.It went well.But I haven' eaten or slept for 20+ hours,and can't eat until wednesday.Oh well.This has happened to me before,that time it was much closer as we were staying at our hut,three hours from the nearest hospital.Anyway,hope this doesn't hinder my progress (in general).
    Here is the workout:

Board Press:
    132*3
    154*3
    176*3
    200*1
    210*1
    220*1
    231-fail.Didn't stand a chance.

Pushdowns:
    66*10*3

DumbbellOverheadPress:
    38*10*3

Some Kind of Extension:
    7 bars*10
    10 bars*10*2
    Why?Who?

Sick of it all

In hospital.Haven't eaten since thursday.surgery and surveys and whatnot.simply sick of it all.I have lost 40 pounds,and feel like ****.happy christmas,all!
    Why?Who?

Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    40 lbs, man that's awful. Have a speedy recovery.
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

get well soon man.. thats horrible.

Back from the hospital,going back there tomorrow.No christmas for me.Oh well.I have these wounds inside me,it appears.Don't know why though.May get the answer tomorrow.
    Why?Who?

you'll be in my prayers

lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lilmuscleman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    and in mine
    When I see guys working out for cosmetic reasons, I see vanity exposing them in the worst way, as cartoon characters, billboards for imbalance and insecurity. Strength reveals itself through character. - Henry Rollins

and mine. Man, thats horrible. Best of luck to you....

<Sarcasm>Deciever:Saw some of your pics.Man,you are strong!What are your stats?And by that I mean your lifts,of course!How stupid are you? :P <Sarcasm/>

But. i didnt quite understand this........

sry i didnt get to this sooner... just kinda missed it i guess..

my stats are...

height, 5'7
    weight - 142 or so
    squat- 336
    bench - 205
    deadlift- 385
    age 15

thanks for compliments man

Nice lifts!Far off my league,at the moment
    I can now start to rebuild myself,slowly.Nothing but slow walks and light stretching at first,but I hope to be lifting within a month or two.I will post my weigh here,because that's the main concern for me now.I have lost 1 pound every day for wuite some time now,so I've got to eat,eat and eat some more.

8.th January
    169,3 pounds-76,8 kg's
    Why?Who?

glad your back....

at least you have one hell of a reason to pig out. And im sure once you get back to lifting, it will be one of the best days of your life

glad you are alright

Yea, glad you're back dude!

Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    keep your head up, bro.
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW